The Student Room Group

Removing Blu-tac Marks From Wall

I just tore down my 'photo wall' and the blu-tac has left nasty wee greasy marks on the the cream wall which looks a bit eugh. Anyone know how to remove these?

Scroll to see replies

You have to paint over it.
Reply 2
Pfft can't be assed with that. Apparently there is something called 'sugar-soap' you can use. But I'd rather use something I have in the house if I can. I might just have to find something to put over it.
Maybe one of those eraser sponge thingies?
Reply 4
Tooth paste instead of painting :s-smilie:
Try a rubber :wink:
Nail polish remover will dissolve it.
Yeah, and the paint...
Reply 8
USE BLU TAC TO GET RID OF BLU TAC!!!!!!

It works Holly trust me!!!!
icantthinkofacoolusername
Yeah, and the paint...

I didn't tell her to empty bottles of nail polish remover on the walls.. You just apply a little directly to the tac and it dissolves it :p:
Yeah but there's no blue tac on the wall - just the oily stain.
Reply 11

Yeh but the blu tac will get rid of it!!!!!! I speak from experience of ridding of blu tac stains :smile:

It's an organic residue from the Blue Tac, Just put the goddamn nail polish remover on it :p:
No :mad:

Ooops, forgot it wasn't my wall for a minute there :redface:
Reply 14
Why
It's an organic residue from the Blue Tac, Just put the goddamn nail polish remover on it :p:
How is it organic if blue tack isnt organic :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Ooooooooh fairy muff
Reply 16
well I just tried the nail varnish remover and yep, removed the paint as well. So don't do that. I've heard things like floor cleaner work, going to try this tomorrow.
Reply 17
Acetone melted the paint. Had trouble getting all off rolling. Picked a lemon, put cotton balls inside it. The juice worked with the help of a butter knife and a bit of rubbing and no damage.
white spirit
Reply 19
Original post by Margies
Acetone melted the paint. Had trouble getting all off rolling. Picked a lemon, put cotton balls inside it. The juice worked with the help of a butter knife and a bit of rubbing and no damage.

Congratulations on bumping a 10 year old thread.

Quick Reply

Latest