The Student Room Group

Revision notes for Edexcel Politics AS & A2 (Route D)

Heeey everyone..

Ages ago I made a thread with my AS revision notes attached, and I seem to have quite a lot of people sending me messages asking for my notes, so thought I'd resurrect that idea!

So in this thread I've attached my AS notes for all the UK Politics stuff, and then also the A2 notes which I was doing International Relations for. Obviously for the A2 stuff you might have to update some of the notes with more recent stories as well cos I took the exam in June 2006.

Hope this is helpful :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great to see you again. The anything I can do offer still stands. I'm hoping to start a Master's in IR next year, so there must be something I can do to repay your help. 2 or 3 other new teachers have contacted me and your notes have really helped them get started on Route D.

Thanks again,
Liam
Many thanks mellowyellow...how did you do in the IR exams?(if you don't mind me prying)
Reply 3
liamb
Great to see you again. The anything I can do offer still stands. I'm hoping to start a Master's in IR next year, so there must be something I can do to repay your help. 2 or 3 other new teachers have contacted me and your notes have really helped them get started on Route D.

Thanks again,
Liam

Thank you very much :smile: v. kind of you. Well, I'll be doing IR next year (for the second and third years of my degree), so I'm sure I'll need some of your help then! Hope everything's going well. Where you doing your Masters?
Reply 4
VictorVaughn
Many thanks mellowyellow...how did you do in the IR exams?(if you don't mind me prying)

No problem at all.

Erm, I got full marks in all three :redface:
Reply 5
mellow-yellow
No problem at all.

Which were all well deserved!

I'm doing it at the Univ of Indianapolis in Athens. I searched all over the EU for a distance Master's in IR - and then found one next door to me! :smile:
Reply 6
hey mellow-yellow

thanku so much for these notes!im having a bit of a break down over my politics alevel international relations.

i got a c for my unit 4 jan exam, the examiner wrote 'reads like a mission statement for the UN' - eek!

i love politics its my fave lesson and i enjoy writing the essays, i think i know the stuff (tho ur notes hav seriously intimidated me) i think i get a bit too passionate tho - any tips for exam technique/style etc?
Reply 7
Really try to keep your emotions off an exam paper. In real life passion is great, but in an exam room detachment will get more marks. I don't like that either, but the examiners do. Also emotional responses tend to lose sight of the question or lose their balance.
Don't feel so bad, my Palestinian students don't do Middle East questions for this very reason - even though their knowledge is excellent.
Reply 8
cheers liam - that's what i thought. im trying really hard to be more objective.
fingers crossed eh.
Reply 9
a huge thanks to mellow yellow for your as revision notes! you have literally just saved hours and hours of time! thank you xxx
Reply 10
thank you so much
this is fantastic
Reply 11
mellow-yellow. it is difficult to convey the unlimited and eternal gratitude i have for you!

you have single-handedly done what BOTH of my politics teachers have failed to accomplish and actually given me information that is applicable to an A2 politics exam.

now...i have...22 days. to learn...at least 51 pages of stuff i should already know... :frown: wish me luck!
k-lee C
mellow-yellow. it is difficult to convey the unlimited and eternal gratitude i have for you!

you have single-handedly done what BOTH of my politics teachers have failed to accomplish and actually given me information that is applicable to an A2 politics exam.

now...i have...22 days. to learn...at least 51 pages of stuff i should already know... :frown: wish me luck!

Glad I could help :smile:

Good luck dude.
mellow-yellow
No problem at all.

No need to be embarassed. On the contrary you should be proud of that accomplishment.

However the problem for me is that my politics teacher to put it bluntly is crap. So hopefully with your notes and a lot of exam practice I will pull off a B (I got a weak A in AS). Everyone in my class got a D or below (bar one genius who got a B).

Thanks once again.
Reply 14
VictorVaughn

However the problem for me is that my politics teacher to put it bluntly is crap.

haha...wow...so its not just me then! :biggrin:

we have no 'Politics teacher' - we have History teachers who have been made to take a stab at teaching Politics. Which hasn't worked so well. One uses us as a therapy session, to moan about why he hates our school, children and teaching, the other (whilst he tries hard, bless him) has been teaching us entirely the wrong stuff in entirely the wrong way. :frown:

Some of the cleverest people in the class have been getting Us and Es...with 17 days/21 days left 'til the exams, we are all somewhat worried! Totally feel your pain my friend.
Reply 15
k-lee C
haha...wow...so its not just me then! :biggrin:

we have no 'Politics teacher' - we have History teachers who have been made to take a stab at teaching Politics. Which hasn't worked so well. One uses us as a therapy session, to moan about why he hates our school, children and teaching, the other (whilst he tries hard, bless him) has been teaching us entirely the wrong stuff in entirely the wrong way. :frown:

Some of the cleverest people in the class have been getting Us and Es...with 17 days/21 days left 'til the exams, we are all somewhat worried! Totally feel your pain my friend.

Oh no! That's my teaching method down to a t! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGH!:eek:

Complete your misery and check out my blog/wiki :

http://liamb.edublogs.org/

https://liambellamywiki.wikispaces.com/

(you have to sign up for the wiki but there's loads of Route D stuff. I even wrote some of it myself:p: )
Reply 16
liamb
Oh no! That's my teaching method down to a t! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGH!:eek:

Complete your misery and check out my blog/wiki :

http://liamb.edublogs.org/

https://liambellamywiki.wikispaces.com/

(you have to sign up for the wiki but there's loads of Route D stuff. I even wrote some of it myself:p: )

haha...oh no. well, im sure you're doing alright with it! if not...i hope your students are good independent learners - if anything, it will prep them for uni. (a good excuse for you to use :wink: )

i can't get onto your wiki thingy...its telling me its 'private' and i must contact the organisers of this space to become a member :confused: am i being really thick about this...?
Reply 17
k-lee

Do just that. Contact the organiser (Liam). Just say you've been referred by Liam to check out the wiki at The Student Room. You have to open a wiki account first (I think) but that's no problem, it's free. Then when Liam gets around to it he'll give you access. Though he seems to have gone to ground recently... Counselling his AS students no doubt :biggrin:
Reply 18
adelante
k-lee

Do just that. Contact the organiser (Liam). Just say you've been referred by Liam to check out the wiki at The Student Room. You have to open a wiki account first (I think) but that's no problem, it's free. Then when Liam gets around to it he'll give you access. Though he seems to have gone to ground recently... Counselling his AS students no doubt :biggrin:

No drowning his sorrows:frown:
Reply 19
oh no! no drowning of sorrows. cheer up :biggrin: i read your other blog thing and it was helpful so im sure ur students will be fine.

altho...when u said 'thats my teaching to a T'...did u mean the therapy session thing or the teaching the wrong stuff really well thing?

and thank you adelante - im just really slow with internetty things. :redface: get confused and irate VERY quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending