The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

E/E Engineering

I haven't noticed anyone applying to do any form of Electrical or Electronic Engineering here yet, or that much from anywhere else on UKL yet! I was wondering if anyone else had applied here and what they thought. I was quite impressed by Edinburgh, their lecturers seemed good, I also applied to Leeds and was impressed by their course.

Apparently Electrical Engineers are in demand but it seems we're a dying breed :frown:!
Reply 1
You should be happy, you'll get the best jobs this way :wink:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Kiril
You should be happy, you'll get the best jobs this way :wink:

There is of course that :smile:
Reply 3
We do exist on the board, if you look carefully :smile: Although strictly speaking I'm not applying this year, I'm about to go into my second year.
Reply 4
Col-C
We do exist on the board, if you look carefully :smile: Although strictly speaking I'm not applying this year, I'm about to go into my second year.

Ahh, yes, there are indeed some EEE'ers around but they seem to be underground... How's the course been for you? I haven't done much work on Electronics yet to be honest, the only experience I have in logic coming from my decision mathematics module and a general overview in physics (which was more of a summary). I'll probably combine with physics when I head off but we'll see.

I will continue hunting for electrical engineers...
Reply 5
I've had a great time on the course! Don't worry too much about your background....providing you have a reasonably good level of Maths you'll be fine. Most of the stuff is new, and doesn't require that much background knowledge.

Most important thing is to remember that EEE's have the worst jokes in the world, for example

"How many EEE's does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None, they just redefine darkness as the industry standard"

Hilarious, innit?
Reply 6
Col-C
I've had a great time on the course! Don't worry too much about your background....providing you have a reasonably good level of Maths you'll be fine. Most of the stuff is new, and doesn't require that much background knowledge.

Most important thing is to remember that EEE's have the worst jokes in the world, for example

"How many EEE's does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None, they just redefine darkness as the industry standard"

Hilarious, innit?

You've just ruined all my professional aspirations for my entire life.
Thanks. :mad:

(It's good to hear I should be fine! I've been obsessed with Dilbert books for over 3 years now so I should fit in...unfortunately...)

Latest

Trending

Trending