Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accomodation (preston)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
cpj1987
lol!!! Don't think the 'dead' wasps call their friends, might be difficult, what with them being, well, dead? :p:
Although I doubt the wasps bother with the top floor, they'll be as lazy as the students I think, second floor the limit and all that! Don't know many spiders that bother climbing that high either.
On the plus side, ain't no burglars getting to your flat :p:

Hehe yeah true :p: knew there had to be a plus in there somewhere! im really excited about going, but also very nervous as im rather shy and the only person i know thats going has been given a room in Derwent building i think... looking forward to personalising things tho... duvet cover etc (small things amuse small minds) :P im sure the novelty will wear off rather quickly however :rolleyes:

x-x Katie x-x
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 21
Kirree
Hehe yeah true :p: knew there had to be a plus in there somewhere! im really excited about going, but also very nervous as im rather shy and the only person i know thats going has been given a room in Derwent building i think... looking forward to personalising things tho... duvet cover etc (small things amuse small minds) :P im sure the novelty will wear off rather quickly however :rolleyes:

x-x Katie x-x

Aw don't worry about being shy, I was too, but you walk in there and everyone wants to make as many friends as possible straight away so it's really easy to meet people.
Also, the personalising is fun yeah; I didn't much last year, had one of the most boring rooms, but over the past month I've bought a ridiculous amount of dolphin stuff and I'm going to have a themed bedroom and bathroom when I move into my new flat in early July, it's pretty exciting! I'm such a big kid really...
Reply 22
cpj1987
Aw don't worry about being shy, I was too, but you walk in there and everyone wants to make as many friends as possible straight away so it's really easy to meet people.
Also, the personalising is fun yeah; I didn't much last year, had one of the most boring rooms, but over the past month I've bought a ridiculous amount of dolphin stuff and I'm going to have a themed bedroom and bathroom when I move into my new flat in early July, it's pretty exciting! I'm such a big kid really...

oo sounds kool ^-^ i have a friend obsessed with penguins, no doubt everything will have a penguin trace to it in her flat! What happens when friends that arent from UCLan visit? can they stay overnight or do they have to be signed in or something? My friend from blackpool would probably come down to see me sometimes, although i doubt theres anywhere for them to put their motorbike. Just another thing to figure out when it comes to it i guess :P: hehe

x-x Katie x-x
Reply 23
Kirree
oo sounds kool ^-^ i have a friend obsessed with penguins, no doubt everything will have a penguin trace to it in her flat! What happens when friends that arent from UCLan visit? can they stay overnight or do they have to be signed in or something? My friend from blackpool would probably come down to see me sometimes, although i doubt theres anywhere for them to put their motorbike. Just another thing to figure out when it comes to it i guess :P: hehe

x-x Katie x-x

With regards to friends visiting; the uni don't really have a problem with that kind of thing. Their rules are basically, 'as long as your flatmates don't mind, you can have someone stay over'. They don't really do checks as it is, but even if they did happen to, you'd be fine provided you'd got the permission of your flatmates.
In Roeburn courtyard, there's a central area with some rubbishy little bike racks there, and a guy last year kept his motorbike there all year with no problems - provided your friend doesn't mind the bike being exposed there'd be no problem with it being kept there, people are respectful of bikes etc. left in the courtyard.
Reply 24
cpj1987
With regards to friends visiting; the uni don't really have a problem with that kind of thing. Their rules are basically, 'as long as your flatmates don't mind, you can have someone stay over'. They don't really do checks as it is, but even if they did happen to, you'd be fine provided you'd got the permission of your flatmates.
In Roeburn courtyard, there's a central area with some rubbishy little bike racks there, and a guy last year kept his motorbike there all year with no problems - provided your friend doesn't mind the bike being exposed there'd be no problem with it being kept there, people are respectful of bikes etc. left in the courtyard.

Oo that sounds good! i didnt know they had bike racks at roeburn :biggrin: . Currently im not "allowed" to cycle (or basicly do anything remotely fun) as im supposed to be resting and allowing my spine to fuse, but i was thinking of getting a bike in september for getting around a bit quicker. ill try walking it all first though. So did you get homesick at all when you first moved there? I'm moving from Manchester so its not that far, but it still will be very strange to me, having barely spent more than a weekend away from my parents :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Kirree
Oo that sounds good! i didnt know they had bike racks at roeburn :biggrin: . Currently im not "allowed" to cycle (or basicly do anything remotely fun) as im supposed to be resting and allowing my spine to fuse, but i was thinking of getting a bike in september for getting around a bit quicker. ill try walking it all first though. So did you get homesick at all when you first moved there? I'm moving from Manchester so its not that far, but it still will be very strange to me, having barely spent more than a weekend away from my parents :rolleyes:

Nah I didn't get homesick at all. I've never gotten on with my family at all so I was so glad to be out of there; agreed with them beforehand that I'd be moving out completely. I wasn't expecting Preston to feel like home straight away though, but it did; by the time I woke up for my first morning there, it was already more like home to me than anywhere I'd ever been - don't know how this experience would be for other people cuz obviously I came from a situation where it was completely becoming my home whether I liked it or not, but you shouldn't have too many problems I don't think.
Aw what's wrong with your spine? Sounds painful... If you want to get a bike then go for it, but I've barely been anywhere in Preston over the past year that's involved more than a 20 minute walk, everywhere's really compact, so if it'll be saving you money, you won't need a bike. :smile:
Reply 26
cpj1987
Nah I didn't get homesick at all. I've never gotten on with my family at all so I was so glad to be out of there; agreed with them beforehand that I'd be moving out completely. I wasn't expecting Preston to feel like home straight away though, but it did; by the time I woke up for my first morning there, it was already more like home to me than anywhere I'd ever been - don't know how this experience would be for other people cuz obviously I came from a situation where it was completely becoming my home whether I liked it or not, but you shouldn't have too many problems I don't think.
Aw what's wrong with your spine? Sounds painful... If you want to get a bike then go for it, but I've barely been anywhere in Preston over the past year that's involved more than a 20 minute walk, everywhere's really compact, so if it'll be saving you money, you won't need a bike. :smile:

when i first visited UCLan on an open day it was really welcoming so i probably will see it as home quite quickly, everyone seemed so friendly. i hadnt really considered UCLan as a place i would go as it wasnt within easy commuting distance. Adored the atmosphere tho so i decided i would live there instead. i was really amazed by the library (sad i know) although someone in our group needed to take the lift and it got stuck, so i dont think ill be getting in a lift lol. oh and our guide nearly got us ran over whilst crossing the road ^-^ nicest out of any of the Uni's i visited though! Also the first computing tutor that i met was really enthusiastic, he knew my name straight away but i dont suppose there were that many female names registered for computer games design that day...

oh and as for the spine thing, i have scoliosis which i had sorted at the end of last year by removing the discs and screwing metal rods in etc (im like wolverine :P) so hopefully im fusing well and will be - almost - completely normal, sept i can never bunjee jump (cant say im distraught about that one really) hehe. It was a tad painful but morphene made the world seem so pink and fluffy that i didnt really care ^-^

x-x Katie x-x
Reply 27
Kirree
when i first visited UCLan on an open day it was really welcoming so i probably will see it as home quite quickly, everyone seemed so friendly. i hadnt really considered UCLan as a place i would go as it wasnt within easy commuting distance. Adored the atmosphere tho so i decided i would live there instead. i was really amazed by the library (sad i know) although someone in our group needed to take the lift and it got stuck, so i dont think ill be getting in a lift lol. oh and our guide nearly got us ran over whilst crossing the road ^-^ nicest out of any of the Uni's i visited though! Also the first computing tutor that i met was really enthusiastic, he knew my name straight away but i dont suppose there were that many female names registered for computer games design that day...

oh and as for the spine thing, i have scoliosis which i had sorted at the end of last year by removing the discs and screwing metal rods in etc (im like wolverine :P) so hopefully im fusing well and will be - almost - completely normal, sept i can never bunjee jump (cant say im distraught about that one really) hehe. It was a tad painful but morphene made the world seem so pink and fluffy that i didnt really care ^-^

x-x Katie x-x

lol aww good that it should be better by September :smile:
Still, I doubt you'll still be avoiding the lifts once you've really started using that library...getting up to the top floor is torture by the stairs - had to about a month and a half ago when the lift broke, and by the time I got to the top floor I really didn't feel like working! :p:
Reply 28
cpj1987
lol aww good that it should be better by September :smile:
Still, I doubt you'll still be avoiding the lifts once you've really started using that library...getting up to the top floor is torture by the stairs - had to about a month and a half ago when the lift broke, and by the time I got to the top floor I really didn't feel like working! :p:

Would be just my luck that everything i need would be on the top floor! I tend to avoid lifts at all costs, ive never liked them and can only be convinced to go in one if its seethrough lol. no doubt ill get over it though, just depends on what is more important to me - the fear of lifts or my laziness.

x-x Katie x-x
Reply 29
Kirree
Would be just my luck that everything i need would be on the top floor! I tend to avoid lifts at all costs, ive never liked them and can only be convinced to go in one if its seethrough lol. no doubt ill get over it though, just depends on what is more important to me - the fear of lifts or my laziness.

x-x Katie x-x

75% of the computers in the library are on the top floor :p:
Woulda thought see-through lifts were more scary for people with a lift-phobia, but oh well!
Reply 30
hey,

i was just wondering if anyone had had their accomodation contracts yet?

i got mine yesterday and i'm in roeburn flat 07 room 005!

was just wondering if anyone was going to be near me, would be nice to find people near me!!

:smile:
Reply 31
becks3011
hey,

i was just wondering if anyone had had their accomodation contracts yet?

i got mine yesterday and i'm in roeburn flat 07 room 005!

was just wondering if anyone was going to be near me, would be nice to find people near me!!

:smile:

Same flat as Kirree (Katie) :smile:
Derwent Flat 7 room 3
Reply 33
Flat 6 Room 1

Are you REALLY REALLY not allowed to do anything to the walls?

I was looking at the room on the UCLAN website and there's no room for anything.

I have a bunch of trainers, hats, and other stuff and there's just going to be nowhere to put it!
Reply 34
CRLS
Flat 6 Room 1

Are you REALLY REALLY not allowed to do anything to the walls?

I was looking at the room on the UCLAN website and there's no room for anything.

I have a bunch of trainers, hats, and other stuff and there's just going to be nowhere to put it!

Hey Carlos.
Nope, gotta be really careful with the walls, or you can end up with fines.
You can just about get away with posters, provided you use white-tack not blue-tack, so that there's no permanent damage (and take the posters down on inspection days - you get plenty of warning), and you get a large pinboard that you can put things on too. :smile:
cpj1987
Hey Carlos.
Nope, gotta be really careful with the walls, or you can end up with fines.

Threw a chair at mine :redface:
Reply 36
hey carlos, we'll be neighbours :smile:

when my boyfriend was in liverpool last year they were really cool about decoration, they painted the kitchen and living room with stripes, (sounds bad i know but it was really nice)

really cant wait to move out and have my own space, nothing sacred in my house now!
just going to have loads of photos up i think.
Reply 37
becks3011
hey carlos, we'll be neighbours :smile:

when my boyfriend was in liverpool last year they were really cool about decoration, they painted the kitchen and living room with stripes, (sounds bad i know but it was really nice)

really cant wait to move out and have my own space, nothing sacred in my house now!
just going to have loads of photos up i think.

Im looking forward to personalising too ^-^ although i suppose i just really wanna go shop for new stuff. Yay i now know someone else in flat 7 (im in the third room btw)
What subject are ya taking?

x-x Katie x-x
Reply 38
Kirree
Im looking forward to personalising too ^-^ although i suppose i just really wanna go shop for new stuff. Yay i now know someone else in flat 7 (im in the third room btw)
What subject are ya taking?

x-x Katie x-x

i'm going to be studying forensic science and i cant wait :smile: what about you? what was your offer to get into uclan?

will you be going to flying start? i recieved the little card asking if you want an application form yesterday and sent that off, so hopefully will be. it would be good to meet some people i'll be sharing with! do you know who else we'll be with?

p.s sorry for all the questions!!!!!
Reply 39
becks3011
i'm going to be studying forensic science and i cant wait :smile: what about you? what was your offer to get into uclan?

will you be going to flying start? i recieved the little card asking if you want an application form yesterday and sent that off, so hopefully will be. it would be good to meet some people i'll be sharing with! do you know who else we'll be with?

p.s sorry for all the questions!!!!!

Im going to be studying computer games development! i think i need something like 240 ucas points which isnt bad at all and my insurance choice at bolton requires 220.

Indeed i shall be going to flying start ^-^ im going on the July residential, so if u decide to go to that one i may see u there! Ive been trying to find out who may be in the same flat but what are the chances lol.. theres just too many!

Hope everything is well - gots to go revise for my psych exam which is tomorrow -_-

x-x Katie x-x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending