The Student Room Group
The raw mark grade boundaries change every year. Yeah, they are scaled up when converted to UMS.
An example - Psychology B AQA AS:

Marked out of (Raw): 60
Marked out of (UMS): 105

40 / 60 (66%) = 84 / 105 (80%)

so, 84 / 40 = 2.1 (the scale), so UMS = Raw * 2.1

therefore, 50 raw marks = 105 raw marks (100%) because:

50 * 2.1 = 105.

Rar, I hate maths :frown:
Reply 3
Can you work out how many points (or what grade) you need to get an A from adding together your points from AS? For example, if you got a high A in AS level, could you come out with an A if you got a high C/B in the A2 exams?
Laus
Can you work out how many points (or what grade) you need to get an A from adding together your points from AS? For example, if you got a high A in AS level, could you come out with an A if you got a high C/B in the A2 exams?

Yeah of course. Say, (idealistically) you got 300/300 at AS, considering that 480/600 is an A at A2 then you've already got 300, soo 480 - 300 = 180, so you need 180/300 at A2 level, which is 60% (a C) to get an A overall
Good to hear - because my teachers give the impression that your raw mark equates to your UMS mark for RE
Reply 6
got an rs retake on the 17th! judaism arrgghhh biggest mistake ever retaking....forgotten everything there is to know.....
Reply 7
Hi, does anyone know what marks out of 30 u have 2 get 2 get an A for ocr biology coursework (a2 level)???
Reply 8
well if A is 80 percent then u need to get 24 marks bt smetimes the grade boundaries are low so A could be 75 percent even 70 percent then u might need to get 20 marks or 18 to get A bt it depends on the paper if everyone in england find the paper easy then u have to get 24 marks to get A or even more lol
Reply 9
For OCR Philosophy and Ethics what mark out of 300 was required to get an A overall.

Thanks
Reply 10
For OCR Philosophy and Ethics what mark out of 300 was required to get an A overall.

Thanks

240 :smile: .

Each AS subject is out of 300. You need 240 for an A every year; it never changes. This system is called UMS. These are the marks that appear on your results slip(s).
Reply 11
Thanks for replying so quick.

missed an A by 5.
Reply 12
Thanks for replying so quick.

missed an A by 5.

That's unlucky. Did you expect an A? If you did and felt like you deserved one, you can request a remark. 5 marks is not much.. But beware: your mark could go DOWN as well as up. It would be a good idea to send off for a photocopy of your exam script first to see if you've been given the correct grade. However, if you did really badly in one module you could always resit it in January (if your school allows this). You don't have to do any of these things; I'm just letting you know there is the option to remark/resit :smile: .
Reply 13
hi ive just got my a level results a nd cant work out what grade i have actually got for psychology which is through AQA can someone help?
it says that my advanced sub GCE (3876 psychology) my score was 251/300 (A) and my advanced GCE (7876 psychology) was 477/600 (B) and also my advanced GCE unit (2543) was 63/100 (C) and lastly (2549) was 90/100 (A)
so if anyone can help me figure out my A level? because i can't :frown: thanks x

Latest

Trending

Trending