The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone know if we are supposed to sign and send that green booklet back along with the other stuff?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Thanks, I just want to live somewhere with:

* Good reputation
* Nice area
* On-site Car Parking
* Clean, Fresh and not Grubby
* Not too small.

You'll have to give your reviews on this place once you've moved in.
Reply 42
Can someone tell what extra costs you have to pay other than the payperweek?
Like i no food, social etc but does it cover internet, electric etc?
Reply 43
Well I would have, if you weren't such a coward and left your name when you negged:smile:
Reply 44
Anyone else in these halls?
Reply 45
I think I'm going to be in one of the flats with shared bathroom because none of the double-bed rooms have an en-suite. They look pretty nice but the bathrooms are TINY!!! :-s
Does anyone know which flat number they're in yet??
Reply 46
:s-smilie: Went to have a look at the new cosmo accommodation 2day and they looked amazing,im guessing inside will be too being newly built.But does anyone know if these halls are JUST for Man Uni/Man Met students? as i'll be strtin in salford uni?
Reply 47
Nope it's for students at any Greater Manchester Instutution I believe - hope that helps!
Reply 48
When is everyone moving in?
rachelemmastone
Im studying at Man Met uni in sept 07 and ive been trying to decide where to stay!?!

Theres way too many to choose from. Has anyone applyed to or heard anything about Cosmopolitan manchester. Its new for 2007 so unlived it. Has over 500 rooms between £74 - £84.

Anyone thinking of staying there??

http://www.cosmostudents.com/properties/manchester/plymouthgrove.php

thats the link

THANKS
XXX

They're very expensive, but they look like a good alternative if I don't get a room on campus.
Reply 50
*pri1988*
:s-smilie: Went to have a look at the new cosmo accommodation 2day and they looked amazing,im guessing inside will be too being newly built.But does anyone know if these halls are JUST for Man Uni/Man Met students? as i'll be strtin in salford uni?

I'm planning on living at cosmo halls and studying at salford uni too, so I think it should be fine
If I apply do I have to pay (even if I don't move in)? Because I applied to some UoM accommodation and I don't know if I can have a room on campus or not.
Reply 52
You will have to pay a deposit which you wont get back if you cancel.
kirstinx
You will have to pay a deposit which you wont get back if you cancel.

I phoned and asked. She said to tick the "I won't be making a credit/debit card deposit at this time." box. Then I'll have all the papers sent to me if I can have a room and I can fill it up and send it back. So I ticked that box and didn't give my card details.
Reply 54
Is everyone moving in on the 3rd? I dont think I can go until the 9th :bawling:
Are there any kitchens and a launderette? I don't see anything about these on the website. :s-smilie:
Reply 56
kirstinx
Is everyone moving in on the 3rd? I dont think I can go until the 9th :bawling:

Same here, I'm not going to be able to move all of my stuff in 'till the 9th, but I think I'm going to pick up my keys and stuff on the 3rd still
Reply 57
Shared kitchen in each flat and a communal laundry.
I don't see it on the website.
Reply 59
http://www.cosmostudents.com/properties/manchester/plymouthgrove.php

In the features section about the laundry and of course there are kitchens that's like the definition of an apartment.

Quick Reply

Latest