The Student Room Group

Mesh PC Restore to factory setting?

Hi,

I have a MESH PC. I'm on Windows XP.

Right now I just feel like reformatting it to the factory settings for no apparent reason as then I can do it faster if i really needed to. And it's a good thing that I did because I really don't know how I'm supoosed to do this with MESH.

The manual told me to press F10 when prompted at start up and I did. But after that it wouldn't let me do it to the factory settings, instead it tells me to phone this number in order to do it. It's a premium rate number and it's going to cost loads!

I'm just wondering how am I supposed to do it without phoning someone?

It's like they're preventing people from doing it themselves for some reason.....

Thanks all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should have a light blue CD which came with the system called the MESH Recovery CD

This will wipe the disc back to original settings
Reply 2
neomayemer
You should have a light blue CD which came with the system called the MESH Recovery CD

This will wipe the disc back to original settings

It says that some of my files are missing. :frown:
Reply 3
what exactly does it say is missing?
Reply 4
neomayemer
what exactly does it say is missing?

The file m5289.sys. :frown:

Is there somewhere I can get it? Is there a link?

I bought it from Mesh Computers btw :smile:
Reply 5
do you have a SATA HDD? i expect they sent you a recovery disc without SATA drivers on it... you can download them from manufacturers website stick them on a floppy and intert. When propted to use a third party driver press the key.
Reply 6
Will any m5289.sys file do? or do i have to get it from the manufacturers website, i.e. can I just google m5289.sys. and download it from any site?
Reply 7
Actually on second thoughts... do what i have seen done... phone up mesh hardware support (its not premium rate) and demand they send you a recovery disc with the drivers. They will mess you about but eventually send one out. If they try and tell you its a software issue tell them politely to balls its a hardware issue and the issue is they supplied a disc not suitable for the product you purchased.
Reply 8
Here are some numbers

Sales
Expensive number: 0870 0464747
Geographical Number (cheaper) : 020 82084744

Repairs
Expensive number: 0870 0468336
Geographical Number (cheaper) : 020 82084773

Technical Support
Expensive number: 0871 2002221
Geographical Number (cheaper) : 020 82084795

Hope those help... I would try tech support first
Reply 9
so what if they don't send one? Any alternatives? :smile:
Reply 10
downloading the SATA drivers or finding a disc with SP that includes the drivers...

I had MESH send me a XP with the drivers on...

I will have a look....
Reply 11
Can you tell me what motherboard MESH used... its on your little invoice or the carbon copy
Reply 12
neomayemer
Can you tell me what motherboard MESH used... its on your little invoice or the carbon copy

ASUS P5W-E SLI nForce 6501 SLI(C55) Mainboard - Core 2

(repped you btw :wink:)
Reply 13
You sure thats the model? cant find a mention of it...

and thanks hasnt come up though heh
Reply 14
You shouldn't need SATA drivers anyway unless you're using RAID so just get yourself an XP CD.
Reply 15
XP disks dont come with SATA drivers included not ones from MESH anyway
Reply 16
so I can't download the drivers, which means I'm gonna have to... get an XP CD witht he drivers on it?
Reply 17
try the asus website... i looked for you but it didnt have the model you said.... on there they will have some drivers
Reply 18
You don't need drivers for SATA drives unless running in RAID mode. It should just work with an XP CD.
Reply 19
Im not sure how they do it but MESH have made their PCs require them... seriously it sucks...

Latest