The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Keble College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Chewy!
i think "of sorts" is definitely the way to describe that sofa. although i think the best sofa was the one in the room above - fond memories :p: (two words - crew date)

haha, well it's social seating at least, which is better than most the rooms. And I assume you mean diagonally above, in your "ex-wife's" room.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 81
actually i think it was Kate's (?) :ninja: we weren't in my "ex-wife's" :p:
Reply 82
Chewy!
actually i think it was Kate's (?) :ninja: we weren't in my "ex-wife's" :p:

I stand corrected, it was above me then. :p:
Reply 83
anyone knows what date should the freshers arrive,
I'm starting math at keble.
Reply 84
It will almost certainly be Monday 1st October, the Monday of 0th week. It invariably is for freshers at Keble.
Reply 85
does keble have a big rivalry with LMH?
It has a rivalry with John's, if my sisters stony silence towards me following my application to Keble is anything to go by.
Reply 87
It has a rivalry with both. I'm not so sure about the LMH one, but the John's one is because Keble was originally built on St John's land.
Reply 88
LMH has a big rivalry with Keble, which i think they (Keble) are gradually finding out about, with their bar being trashed on some random crew date, their christmas tree being stolen, Complaints about 'Keble' from various establishments etc.
Reply 89
oh yeah, i heard some stories about this. I cant think who told me that, it was either on here or some student i was wih the other night. was it mainly LMH trashing things under kebles name? Are they the same type of college, i.e. where people pretty much **** around? I heard places like Balliol, St John's and Wadham all work really hard even by Oxford standards.
Reply 90
Consie
oh yeah, i heard some stories about this. I cant think who told me that, it was either on here or some student i was wih the other night. was it mainly LMH trashing things under kebles name? Are they the same type of college, i.e. where people pretty much **** around? I heard places like Balliol, St John's and Wadham all work really hard even by Oxford standards.

The way college rivalries work is basically to hate your neighbours. Keble and St Johns are next to each other, and LMH doesn't have many it is close to so we get most of it (being one of the closest). I'd personally have said LMH was more of a party college than Keble. I'd also argue that Wadham isn't that much of a working college, given all their bops. Merton is the classic example.
Reply 91
Cheers for the info F1. Got my Freshers pack today. Im in a superior room in Hayward quad. Does it mean the glass fronted ones? I thought they were only for second/third years? The main thing i want is a view with old buildings ect, do you reckon ill be in the old building on the one side looking onto the glass buildings, or in the glass buildings looking onto the old buildings opposite? Im glad its so close to the bar, its also right next to where one of my history tutors are.
Reply 92
Consie
Cheers for the info F1. Got my Freshers pack today. Im in a superior room in Hayward quad. Does it mean the glass fronted ones? I thought they were only for second/third years? The main thing i want is a view with old buildings ect, do you reckon ill be in the old building on the one side looking onto the glass buildings, or in the glass buildings looking onto the old buildings opposite? Im glad its so close to the bar, its also right next to where one of my history tutors are.

http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/about/photographs/snow-2007-photo-competition

Take a look at the photo titled 'Angles'.
I'm not the photographer but the room which this photo was taken from fits into the category 'right next to a history tutor's room and so close to the bar' , so i guess you'll have about the same view.
(Also, all the rooms in hayward quad are the glass fronted ones so you'll definitely have a view with old buildings)

(anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, I've been to the rooms in Hayward but never actually lived there)
Reply 93
cheers for the info. What I was also asking was, see those red brick rooms that picture is directed at? Are those rooms also classed as hayward quad rooms? What im getting at is can i be either in the glass fronted ones or those brick ones? Obviously, if im in the brick ones chances are ill be looking at the glass fronted ones.
Reply 94
Consie
cheers for the info. What I was also asking was, see those red brick rooms that picture is directed at? Are those rooms also classed as hayward quad rooms? What im getting at is can i be either in the glass fronted ones or those brick ones? Obviously, if im in the brick ones chances are ill be looking at the glass fronted ones.

If it is 'Hayward' room, it's definitely the glass fronted one. So you won't be located in the brick ones.
The brick ones you mentioned are Pusey rooms.
Reply 95
thanks again. Was i right in assuming though that those rooms are usually for second/third years? When I was at interview the dude showing me around said that, I think.
Reply 96
Consie
thanks again. Was i right in assuming though that those rooms are usually for second/third years? When I was at interview the dude showing me around said that, I think.

No probs :rolleyes:

being a third year in Keble myself, I don't know for sure how the room distribution goes:eek: , but here's what I know:

Those rooms are for first/second years. Last year's first years would have chosen their rooms in Hayward/Pusey/Liddon quad, and This year's first years will be filling in the leftover.
Third years and Finalists will be living in the Arco building (which is exclusive to them), unless living out.

so I'd guess there'll only be first and second years in Hayward rooms (the same for Liddon and Pusey)
Reply 97
hellothere
No probs :rolleyes:

being a third year in Keble myself, I don't know for sure how the room distribution goes:eek: , but here's what I know:

Those rooms are for first/second years. Last year's first years would have chosen their rooms in Hayward/Pusey/Liddon quad, and This year's first years will be filling in the leftover.
Third years and Finalists will be living in the Arco building (which is exclusive to them), unless living out.

so I'd guess there'll only be first and second years in Hayward rooms (the same for Liddon and Pusey)

It's mainly first years, I was in Hayward in both my first and second years, but there was only about 5 or 6 of us second years in there, nobody likes it much, I've no idea why.
Reply 98
Well I made my grades for Law, and I got my information through today. Apparently I am to live in room 2007, in Pusey quad!
Reply 99
JH08
Well I made my grades for Law, and I got my information through today. Apparently I am to live in room 2007, in Pusey quad!

:yy: Well done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending