The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Witchita
lol @ nerdrage.

New stuff? You mean improving the already sluggish matchmaking system and adding things to firefight which should have been there in the first place. They are adding nothing but taking halo 3 and adding a new skin.

Incorrect. It's called stating the facts, you should try it sometime.

Nothing wrong with the matchmaking system, you want sluggish matchmaking - go play Gears of War 2. Halo 3 doesn't suffer from bugs or hacks like Modern Warfare nor is gameplay unbalanced. Did IW even bother to test their game? :K:

Firefight features should have been there in the first place? Firefight wasn't in the last main Halo game. It was in an expansion. Why would they spend so much time adding features to one aspect of an expansion? Seems to me they were trying it out, testing the waters before the plunge.

You are sadly misinformed.
Reply 41
Over 1000000 people have preordered reach now!!!
Reply 42
An extention? Extention to what? A 40 quid 3 hour campaign ala ODTS? And halo 3 has both bugs and hacks so you are sadly mistaken. I was only using IW/CoD as an example given that both series are in the same re-release rut, just in my view at least MW2 brought more than just new skins to it
Reply 43
I fricken hate Halo: Reach, it bugs me so much.

Simply because I can't make my mind up about when to buy it! ahaha

I mean initially I only rented ODST. Wasn't too bothered about the Beta, thought 'Meh, s'just Halo...'.
Then I bought ODST a week before the Beta and the next month or so was pretty much a blur of Team SWAT and Invasion :biggrin:

Right now I'm trying to decide whether I'll pick it up at launch... Or wait a while for the price to deflate a little.

I'm too indicisive, aah...
Reply 44
I preordered it for £34 from tesco using some code I found somewhere online which isnt bad IMO.
Reply 45
obbsidian
I preordered it for £34 from tesco using some code I found somewhere online which isnt bad IMO.

There were two codes. There was a code for 20% off your first pre-order and £5 off code as well, so I believe you overpaid by £6. Argos are now selling it for £29 with a code as well. All on hotukdeals forum.

Ape Gone Insane
Source?

http://www.mikeappice.com/gamerdischarge/?p=483

Total as of last week with a few weeks still to go before release is 1,071,366. I reckon it'll hit 1.5 million and hit over 7 million in its first week on sale.
Reply 46
Out of curiosity, where are people pre-ordering their editions from? I've got the Legendary Edition from Amazon down at the moment, but whether or not I'll get my game by the 14th is a different matter.

I may switch to Shopto, but they don't mention anything about the bonuses (Recon, flaming helmet, bonus chest piece) on their product page.
JonCha
Out of curiosity, where are people pre-ordering their editions from? I've got the Legendary Edition from Amazon down at the moment, but whether or not I'll get my game by the 14th is a different matter.

I may switch to Shopto, but they don't mention anything about the bonuses (Recon, flaming helmet, bonus chest piece) on their product page.

Got my Limited Edition pre-ordered from Amazon.
Reply 48
btw there are quite a few live streams of leaked versions of halo reach up on justin.tv if you wanna check them out
Reply 49
Torrents of Reach everywhere.
Reply 50
Tabris
Torrents of Reach everywhere.

People are saying there are torrents, but how the hell do you install it? People need to mod their X360 to do it, right?
Reply 51
Tesco as it was the cheapest. Unfortunately I won't get the recon helmet code and stuff as Tesco don't participate in that. I'm just buying reach for campaign and not matchmaking for two reasons:

1.) Lockdown still exists which pissed me off in the beta
2.) My XBL gold uns out and I won't be renewing it as I've chosen to focus on my A2s.
Reply 52
JonCha
People are saying there are torrents, but how the hell do you install it? People need to mod their X360 to do it, right?

Yep. Need to exploit the console to run unsigned code and then flash a custom kernel onto the nand.
Reply 54

Ape Gone Insane
I wonder why it's on there in the first place. Are they actually planning a digital version release? :shock:

I believe it is how the reviewers download it, Microsoft insisted they do it this way this time round to ensure that discs aren't handed round to people who shouldn't have it. However it just allowed it to be downloaded by hackers, and torrented on the web.
Reply 55
chaz1992
Tesco as it was the cheapest. Unfortunately I won't get the recon helmet code and stuff as Tesco don't participate in that. I'm just buying reach for campaign and not matchmaking for two reasons:

1.) Lockdown still exists which pissed me off in the beta
2.) My XBL gold uns out and I won't be renewing it as I've chosen to focus on my A2s.

While I respect your decision on A2s, can you really say the MP doesn't appeal to you because of one map? From the videos Bungie/leakers have been showcasing, it's clear it's a top-notch experience that has incredible depth. More variety than most FPS games offer, if not considerably.
Reply 56
JonCha
While I respect your decision on A2s, can you really say the MP doesn't appeal to you because of one map? From the videos Bungie/leakers have been showcasing, it's clear it's a top-notch experience that has incredible depth. More variety than most FPS games offer, if not considerably.

lockdown is not a map. Lockdown is an option of something that you can have instead of invis, sprint or jet pack. When you sustain damage and are about to die, you simply press a button and you become indestructable for about 10 seconds. I got tired of people using it when they have a shotgun so when they come out of lockdown, you go for a beat down and they just shot gun you.
chaz1992
lockdown is not a map. Lockdown is an option of something that you can have instead of invis, sprint or jet pack. When you sustain damage and are about to die, you simply press a button and you become indestructable for about 10 seconds. I got tired of people using it when they have a shotgun so when they come out of lockdown, you go for a beat down and they just shot gun you.

Urgh really? That feature sounds pretty ****. Also if you've a shotgun and you blast someone then go for the immediate beat down, if they hit this lockdown button they'll be immune I take it?
I haven't played the beta...from a few things I've read though it sounds like Reach is a Bungie version of Modern Warfare, with the little "perks" etc. Also, did I read someplace there is to be no battle rifle?
Reply 58
They've made a few changes to "Lockdown" (it's actually called Armour Lock) to nerf it a little bit. And besides if you're smart is incredibly easy to counter.
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest