The Student Room Group

Police take DNA of girl tourists believe could be missing Madeline McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-spotted-north-Indian-market-tourist.html

ITV are saying they have found child in India that "could" be Madeline. Family spokesman says waiting on DNA results

Seriously hope these reports about Madeline McCann are confirmed to be true

Scroll to see replies

Wish it's true, probably isn't though. And have they put the right pic in where it says that's how investigators thinks that's what she looks like?? Never seen that one before.

That's also going to be horrible for both sets of parents if it isn't Maddie.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2

This picture comparison always cracks me up, who on Earth decided that her skin tone should look like she's spent the last 6 months on a sunbed? :sigh:

On topic, let's hope that for once there is some good news.
She's dead Jim.

Also: I hope that American who tried to snatch this girl from her parents feels like a complete **** once the DNA comes back negative.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
*Waiting for more reliable source*
Reply 5
I'd be very surprised. We haven't heard what the evidence is for believing it's Madeleine McCann.

That said, it would be fantastic if they found her.
Reply 6
i believe the parents had something to do with it..
She also believes the man who snatched her daughter may have gone to the holiday flat the night before but fled after being disturbed.

If this actually happened, it makes it worse that they left the kids alone!

At one point an American man is said to have tried to take the girl from the couple.

This is ridiculous too, even if you think it could be Madeleine, you cant just take a child from someone! Imagine if he had taken her and it is actually that couple's child.
I hope with all my heart that this is true and that she will be found.

Sadly, my head thinks otherwise. I hate to say it, but I don't think she's alive. And I don't think she will be found again.
Reply 9
Original post by logic123

I hate to agree with this but in a way I do, it has just been one big cover up because they left her alone and something happened when they came back and they then decided to say she had be kidnapped from them :redface:
Reply 10
This will be first that I've ever agreed with a daily mail reader, however one commenter said:
These false dawns have been raised before. A little blonde girl spotted abroad and a nosey British holidaymaker is convinced it is Maddy! I'd put my house on it NOT being Maddy.

I agree with nick. :holmes:
Original post by Craig_D

An adorable child.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
The pedo rings in Portugal are extensive and have been shown to include politicians, police and members of royalty, just as they did in Belgium. I feel sorry for the McCanns being so trusting as to leave their little girl alone for a while - they weren't to know they were holidaying in a country where the authorities are themselves perverts and the police a mixture of kiddy-fiddlers and incompetent drunks with a chip about the British.

The moral of the story; Devon is safest.
Original post by logic123

Sadly, I agree. And what's more sad is that they will probably get away with it.
Original post by MissLightyear
If this actually happened, it makes it worse that they left the kids alone!

She didn't know that at the time. She only realised when she thought back to something Madeline had said the night before, something like "Why didn't you come when me and Sean were crying?"
http://youtu.be/Q1n9u4LTjtI

Just feel sorry for the random parents who've had their daughter dragged off for DNA testing.
Would the police have bothered taking a DNA sample if the child in question hadn't had the same distinctive mark on her eye? Surely this is a very rare feature to have? I'm struggling to understand why they'd bother if she didn't have this.
Reply 17
Original post by issyconnor
Sadly, I agree. And what's more sad is that they will probably get away with it.

They didn't, but it's a popular myth that will be hard to dispel. It was a saga of incompetence by the local police there and then the usual Latin-type of passing the blame to the victim to try to hide their own f***ing idiotic incompetence. I read that one of the Scotland Yard detectives called their police investigation as having been "like Manuel from Faulty Towers crossed with Mr Bean".

The detective who made those claims in his book was a fat, lying drunk who was too busy having siestas to investigate the bent swines in his own backyard.

Portugal has long been known as pedo-heaven in Europe and a fave destination especially for 60+ German pedos looking to buy kids from the Russian and Albanian gangsters who operate freely there. The German pedo who died recently most likely did it; his wife is refusing to answer questions. She should be extradited to face them.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Would the police have bothered taking a DNA sample if the child in question hadn't had the same distinctive mark on her eye? Surely this is a very rare feature to have? I'm struggling to understand why they'd bother if she didn't have this.

I can think of many reasons why their hired private investigators would throw up a sensational possible hit.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Coloured contacts, genetic modification, magic. Who knows what they'd say.

The authorities are doing it because people like that American tosser won't let it go if they don't. And her parents are obviously agreeing so that people will leave them the **** alone.

On the plus side at least the kid will have a pretty unique anecdote to tell when she's older.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest