The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Anyone get an offer yet???

Hi there, this is my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place :smile:,

so, I got an unconditional offer to UWE for Architecture and Enviromental Engineering the other week!

Anyone else get offers yet, if so, for which course??? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

320 points for politics and international relations
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Indeed, I received a conditional offer from UWE on the 6th December :smile:
Reply 3
Conditional offer for marketing!
Reply 4
320 for History :smile:
Reply 5
I've got a conditional offer to study Physiotherapy! :biggrin:
Reply 6
I got an unconditional for a human biology foundation degree, probably going to be my first choice as well.
Reply 7
260 for computing, i've allready got 100 :biggrin:
320 points for Politics :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Bantha--Fodder
Hi there, this is my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place :smile:,

so, I got an unconditional offer to UWE for Architecture and Enviromental Engineering the other week!

Anyone else get offers yet, if so, for which course??? :biggrin:

Yes! I've been given an offer for Architecture and Planning at UWE which I believe is the sister course If we both went we would be in some classes together.
I've spoken to a girl on the course at UWE and after everything she told me about it I refused all of my other interviews because I just fell in love with it.
Reply 10
320 points for biomedical science :biggrin:
Reply 11
Conditional for Biomedical :biggrin:
Reply 12
Unconditional for Primary Education QTS :smile:
Reply 13
Hello.

I've got my unconditional place for the post grad PGCE for secondary DT.

Anyone know when we have to start the accommodation process?
Original post by Sangbatz
Yes! I've been given an offer for Architecture and Planning at UWE which I believe is the sister course If we both went we would be in some classes together.
I've spoken to a girl on the course at UWE and after everything she told me about it I refused all of my other interviews because I just fell in love with it.

Awesome! UWE is my fist choice, well my only choice, i rejected my other offers aswell! i fell in love with UWE when i went on a open day :smile:, its just so friendly there! That will be cool mate if we are in the same class together :biggrin:

i know its months till i go but i'm already really excited!!!!
Original post by lhgoodwin
Hello.

I've got my unconditional place for the post grad PGCE for secondary DT.

Anyone know when we have to start the accommodation process?

i think they send everyone a form in april some time, cant do anything sooner though :/
Reply 16
Awesome! UWE is my fist choice, well my only choice, i rejected my other offers aswell! i fell in love with UWE when i went on a open day :smile:, its just so friendly there! That will be cool mate if we are in the same class together :biggrin:

i know its months till i go but i'm already really excited!!!!

Haha... good to meet someone else who's equally excited! Kinda geeky. I was having quite a serious think about the course I'm doing, (Architecture and 'planning) I don't think that it will be as useful when I'm out and earning as an extra qualification related to environmental issues, I might e-mail then and ask If I can change, but I want to speak to someone I the know before I do anything drastic. Are you in college at the moment? I'm on an art and design access course
at the moment in Bristol.
Student village accommodation looks awesome.
Original post by Sangbatz
Haha... good to meet someone else who's equally excited! Kinda geeky. I was having quite a serious think about the course I'm doing, (Architecture and 'planning) I don't think that it will be as useful when I'm out and earning as an extra qualification related to environmental issues, I might e-mail then and ask If I can change, but I want to speak to someone I the know before I do anything drastic. Are you in college at the moment? I'm on an art and design access course
at the moment in Bristol.
Student village accommodation looks awesome.

i was doing a third year at college (in a town called Hereford...near wales) doing further maths and biology, but i got the offer so i dropped college and now ive got 2 jobs, just trying to get some cash together now! what were you thinking of changing to? i still think that the planning side will come in very useful later on though with architecture so really put some thought into it....if your really interested in the environmental side of things then you should try and get onto my course!
Reply 18
i was doing a third year at college (in a town called Hereford...near wales) doing further maths and biology, but i got the offer so i dropped college and now ive got 2 jobs, just trying to get some cash together now! what were you thinking of changing to? i still think that the planning side will come in very useful later on though with architecture so really put some thought into it....if your really interested in the environmental side of things then you should try and get onto my course!

I've changed my mind! after attending the open day I learned that the planning qualification is for progression into the planning officer world, e.g. allowing and disallowing planning permission. Which is think is about the most comforting thought I've ever had. I think the two go hand in hand so well, spoke to some of the people there etc and fell slightly more in love with it.
Reply 19
I sent out my application before Xmas but still haven't heard anything from UWE :s-smilie: I applied to study English Language and Linguistics. Maybe because it's a joint honours degree it takes longer for them to make their decicion..? but it's still really nerveracking! You can start applying for accommodation by April in most unis and I'd really like to make sure I can get a room from a hall I like :P But there's nothing I can do before I've received results from all the unis on Ucas. Been waiting for months now and it's killing me :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest