The Student Room Group

Easier to get a first or 2:1 degree in Warwick?

As the degree in Warwick is so flexible and if I take more modules, they will divide my total marks with a number which is lesser than the total modules I take. Also, I can take courses in other faculties. As uni like UCL forces more on maths and the course in UCL is less flexible.
I am just afraid if it turns out that mathematics in Uni is different with what I think, does it reduce the chance that I will fail my courses?
Does it mean that it will be easier to get a better grade in Warwick?
Reply 1
Warwick does have a very strong maths course so naturally that means the maths modules will be difficult. I don't know the proportion of people that get each grade at warwick and ucl. As a general rule if thumb, if you're thinking of doing a module that brings you over the required minimum then if your score in that module is over half the average of your other modules then it's worth doing. Otherwise it's not.

In your third year, there are no core modules. I know of one person who decided she didn't like university maths any more so she picked modules to maximise the number of non maths modules.

Quick Reply

Latest