The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love Diesel Only the Brave - but use in small amounts, it's quite strong!
Reply 2
One Million by Paco Rabanne
Trust me!!
Reply 3
I love Paco Rabanne One Million!
Reply 4
Original post by criminal
I currently use Dunhill pursuit but am looking to change, any suggestions? Thanks

I am not a lady, however my ex-girlfriend really liked Paul Smith Extreme. She didn't want me getting her it because it's 'for men', yet she bought it for herself and used me as an excuse.
'Now when I'm in the shop buying Paul Smith I can say it's for you, when really it's for me...'

erm... :lolwut:
Reply 5
Paco Robanne is lovely, but it's something a LOT of guys wear, and it's extremely strong - and not a very natural 'masculine' scent, it has it's own distinctive, musky smell. I do actually really like it, but I have to say, after a while it can get a little much.

Ny number one will always be Armani Code. Armani Code to me is the thing that men should want to smell of - clean, fresh but with a hint of something very musky. It smells like something guys naturally smell of well, it just seems to compliment their skin and it's the kind of thing that when you breathe from their neck, you just want to bury your nose in deeper. I don't know one person who does not like this cologne.
Hugo Boss is always a good choice
Reply 7
Davidoff Cool water. Classic. :smile:
Reply 8
Do not get the 1 million, have you noticed how so many users have just mentioned it? that isn't what you should be after because the scent is so noticeable and has become a bit boring. Stay clear from Cool Water, Code, Acque De Gio - they all seem to be a bit too common.

Get something YOU like, try going for a good brand e.g. Chanel or Tom Ford
They are generally have good quality perfumes. You need to go for something that suits your personality and you enjoy wearing.

I highly recommend you watch this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/sep/30/best-mens-fragrances-review-beauty

And have a look at the comments on it as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Defo Paco Rabbane One Million! Oh, and you might wanna give Morrocan musk a try too.. smells booom! :^_^:
Clean :wink:
Reply 11
You should wear it because you like the smell, not because you want to smell nice to other people. Sheesh!

But Kokorico by JPG is nice, nonetheless.
Reply 12
The Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection.
I completely adore the smell of 1 and 4.
Original post by jordz
You should wear it because you like the smell, not because you want to smell nice to other people. Sheesh!

But Kokorico by JPG is nice, nonetheless.
It depends entirely on what your goal is. Given how it is typically used (for the purposes of attracting women), the opinions of women would be more important than the what you yourself like.

I use odourless deodorant though so what do I know?
My favourites :

Paco Rabanne - One Million

John Varvatos (this in particular as not many people wear it )

JPG

Joop
(edited 12 years ago)
Never met a girl who didnt love Fierce. And not many people wear it.
Reply 16
Original post by Llamageddon
It depends entirely on what your goal is. Given how it is typically used (for the purposes of attracting women), the opinions of women would be more important than the what you yourself like.

I use odourless deodorant though so what do I know?

I don't go out of my way to do things just to please other people so...

It's sad that a person should think this, as you should do things to make yourself feel good. Not to benefit others, it may be an addition but not the primary objective.

And as long as you don't wear lynx.
I'm a dude, and I'm personally not a major fan of Paco Rabanne - One Million, I've used it many times.. It's a bit strong and is more suited to a night time smartly dressed scene.
The scent is very very similar to Paco Rabanne - Ultraviolet and Ghost cologne for Men ..they were both released years before One Million, yet the similarities in the scents are very very close.

As it is coming to summer time I prefer to use Calvin Klein - Euphoria:coma: smells fresh and suits summer, usually 1-2 sprays is enough.

Others I've liked:
Calvin Klein - One
Armani - Armani Code
Andre Agassi - My Summer ..(this was a limited edition, by the former tennis champ, was amazing:coma:especially for the summer!)
Clinique - Clinique happy

that's the ones that I can remember so far, I'll have a look for ones I missed:awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
CK one :biggrin:
Lynx Africaaaaa :smile: