The Student Room Group

MSc Intl Mngmt SOAS or MBA Royal Holloway or MBA oxford brookes or Queen mary MSC

hey everyone, sorry for the long title, but obviously I'm super confused.
I keep going back and forth with decisions, options are:
1- SOAS: MSC intl management for ME and NA
2- Queen Mary: MSC intl financial mngmnt
3- Royal Holloway: MBA
4- Oxford Brookes: MBA
(AND MAYBE BRUNEL MBA)

there's so much confusion with MSC vs MBA, i already have an MSC but in biology and i want to be more focused on the business aspect of things, my ideal is an MBA, but my choices don't really have high ranked MBA schools (no GMAT). on the other hand i have SOAS which is highly ranked but NOT an MBA, and Queen Mary which is going to be ranked very high (joining russell's group). Please your thoughts... I will be living in central london so you see how the situation becomes even more difficult
Thank you in advance for your opinions
Reply 1
any idea guys?
Happy Easter BTW
Reply 2
Why does it need to be MBA?
Either QMUL or SOAS. Personally, I'd say QMUL. Also, employers in the UK don't care that much about Masters...it's more of the US who are obsessed with them. MBA doesn't mean much here unless it's from Oxbridge or Imperial, LSE etc.
Reply 4
Original post by bestofyou
Why does it need to be MBA?

i might have forgotten to mention that i already have an MSC in sciences but i want to focus on studying business so MBA was my ticket into the business world

is royal holloway this bad?
Original post by mazzoun
i might have forgotten to mention that i already have an MSC in sciences but i want to focus on studying business so MBA was my ticket into the business world

is royal holloway this bad?

Royal Holloway isn't that bad, though, it's outside the top 20. To be honest, get into QMUL or SOAS if you can. Brookes and Brunel are a waste of time and money.
Reply 6
thanks for your answer...:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending