Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by oliviagunapalan
I'm from Malaysia, and I was thinking of making Nottingham my firm choice.

Can you guys help me out? I have no idea which accommodation I should choose? I've read the previous threads and most people prefer the location of Cripps and Hugh Stewart halls, but I was wondering what about the room types?

I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thanks guys :smile:

Hello, I'm from Malaysia too and will be going to Nottingham in Sept 2012. I have had the same thoughts about staying in Cripps and Hugh Stewart as it is closer to to lecture halls. But I'm not sure whether we can choose which halls to live in or get allocated.

So far I have applied and got allocated in Ancaster Hall. what about you?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by alexs2602
Doesn't matter. Pick good halls and put them on the form under special reqs or whatever the section is called - it's been a year. I would dissuade you from Ancaster and Cavendish on the basis they're pretty much the same from what I gather and I live in Ancaster. FloBo seems fairly spacious. Nightingale's bar is nice enough. Hugh Stu, Cripps, Lincoln and Derby seem nice. The rest I don't really remember much about.

Hey Alesx2602, I'm going for first year this September, and I got allocated in Ancaster, since you live there, can you tell me more about Ancaster Hall? And may I know how does the university allocated us in halls? Do they go by year or it is just random?

Earlier on I was thinking of staying in Cripps or Hugh Stewart as it is nearer to lecture halls and that's is especially important to me. From the campus map, Ancaster seems like a long way to lecture halls:/ Apart from that, I'll prefer catered halls as well.
Reply 142
I got allocated in Ancaster Hall, can anyone tell me more about this hall?
Also, I hate to stay far away from lecture halls, Ancaster seems like a long way to lectures. Are we allowed to change halls? If yes, how do I go about it?
Original post by MedicineBug
Thanks, I haven't had a chance to go and see the accommodation. Do you know if it comes with items such as a kettle, toaster, iron + ironing board? And is there an oven? I couldn't see from the pictures. Thanks again :smile:

I'm not entirely sure about kettle and toaster - there's no list of items that are there but Broadgate is really close to Beeston so you can always see what's there and then go and buy what you're missing. There's usually an ironing board shared between a couple of rooms but I'm not sure.

There isn't a proper oven but there's a convection microwave (essentially the child of a microwave and an oven). I wasn't sure about not having a proper oven but my girlfriend had one in halls and we still managed to eat oven food so we'll probably survive it.
Reply 144
I got allocated a single study in Lincoln Hall! :biggrin:
Offer for Cavendish Hall :smile: Can anyone tell me about this hall?
Jesus, need to get the grades now :/
Can anyone find a decent picture of Nightingale halls? Because It's harder than finding wally.:pee:
Got an offer for Newark Hall, Jubilee, will be accepting tommorow (got until the 8th & had the email 6 days ago...forgot it :redface:. Thank god I checked it again now! )

Then next step...getting it sorted so I can wait until my loan is in to pay :tongue: Anyone know if that part is simple?
What possible reason could there be for requesting certain halls in university park under the " special requests" section?
Original post by BeTBu_Cakypbl
Hi there:smile:
Is there anyone from neuroscience course living/planning to live in SPC ?
Starting my course in september and SPC's en suite seems most legit to me:smile:
Future neuroscientists, unite !

Hi!

I'm doing neuroscience too - I was going to go for SPC but I chose BGP instead. I still haven't had an offer yet. :frown:
Just have to play the waiting game...
What grades do you need to get into Nottingham?
Reply 150
Got my SPC tenancy agreement today! :biggrin: Anyone else in Block J?
Reply 151
Original post by EN_32
Got my SPC tenancy agreement today! :biggrin: Anyone else in Block J?

Yep me too
Reply 152
Original post by stevie_94
Yep me too

Awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 153
fml i havent even applied for it yet! im gonna probs end up in a tent if i dont sort myself out soon :/
Original post by Superzootman
Can anyone find a decent picture of Nightingale halls? Because It's harder than finding wally.:pee:

http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/getinvolved/hall/nightingale/about/
Some pretty decent pictures of Nightingale here. :smile:

Original post by jdthemagicman
What possible reason could there be for requesting certain halls in university park under the " special requests" section?

I put I wanted a room that was available for extended stay, cause I'm an international student and I don't wanna be homeless during breaks. LOL

Original post by HuyTaa
fml i havent even applied for it yet! im gonna probs end up in a tent if i dont sort myself out soon :/

Oh my! What are you waiting for??
Do you already know your flat numbers? Or do we get them closer to the date? Apparently people know their House and flat numbers etc. I've only gotten a confirmation email...
If you have any choice on the matter, i would say for you to try and go self-catered.
The food at The Uni Of isn't very good.

I practically lived with my boyfriend when he was on Jubilee Campus, and the room and the bathrooms are tiny, but good enough to live in.
Reply 157
Just a question: How much does a bus card cost in nottingham? I'm thinking of living off campus and would like to know how much to budget for the cost of the bus to university.
Reply 158
I will be joining Broadgate Park, a single study bedroom in September. I was wondering if anyone would know that one can take mini fridges or not?

Many thanks!

PS:Anyone who has visited Broadgate Park? How is it like? :P
Original post by Shaz51
I will be joining Broadgate Park, a single study bedroom in September. I was wondering if anyone would know that one can take mini fridges or not?

Many thanks!

PS:Anyone who has visited Broadgate Park? How is it like? :P

Hi,

I'm going to BGP in a single study too - I don't know if we are allowed mini fridges or not but I'm brining one anyway. I think if it is only a mini one they can't really say much can they? It'll be kept in your room so... :wink:

I haven't seen it myself but I bet like all student accommodation it will not be the best place you have ever stayed in XD

Quick Reply