The Student Room Group

Aqa as french may 25th

Scroll to see replies

maybe the internet?
Original post by abbeyizzie
not holidays or sport - it came up in speaking. the exam board have not exhausted all themes yet so will not repeat in a series x

Family, and fashion came up in the speaking as well
The speaking and the essay have no correlation
I think sport / holidays will come up! As they haven't come up in a while
Stress/Smoking/Cannabis comes up every year!!!
Reply 42
yes they do have a correlation. the exam board want to test you on as much stuff as possible - unlikely to repeat essay and speaking cards because then candidates are only tested on one topic. x
Reply 43
Original post by Future Medics
Family, and fashion came up in the speaking as well
The speaking and the essay have no correlation
I think sport / holidays will come up! As they haven't come up in a while
Stress/Smoking/Cannabis comes up every year!!!

I agree, X
Reply 44
Original post by abbeyizzie
yes they do have a correlation. the exam board want to test you on as much stuff as possible - unlikely to repeat essay and speaking cards because then candidates are only tested on one topic. x

All the topics are tested on the speaking, just on different people, so it doesn't have any correlation with the essay, it's just luck really! I.e. different people get different stimulus cards in the speaking, so while you got sport/holidays (can't remember what you said!!) others might have got television/family, so it's impossible to tell from the speaking what will come up in the essay. If you look at past papers, health has come up 5 times so probably won't come up again- I think Sport and Music are both very likely- but I don't like writing essays on the Popular Culture topic!
Good luck :smile:
Reply 45
yeah but what i mean is the examiner have tested these topics already during in this examination series, there are lots of untested topics, so surely they will test those. x
Reply 46
How did people find the paper?? Was everyone ok time wise ??
Original post by araghia04
How did people find the paper?? Was everyone ok time wise ??

I found it terrible. I've found all the past papers easier. And not really, I would have liked an extra ten minutes to check through.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 48
It was a disaster
I found the listening and reading so hard and then wrote a terrible short essay with no content because of the timing

Talk about the causes of stress amongst les jeunes!!
It was so stressful all the way through...
Reply 49
I'm doing a2 French, it's way harder!
Good god it was awful. Really disappointing as i had been getting good marks in past papers, yet this one was so difficult! Wrote a terrible essay only managing to complete the intro and two full paragraphs, then half of a half-hearted point.

What essay did everyone choose?
Reply 51
i did 11) -les nouvelles t.
i talked about
addiction
fraudulent tickets
radiation (phones)
identity loss
violence in internet
downloading without authorisation
why ados still use it - fear of being an outsider, and helps them relax and escape.
The reading was tricky - the publicity q.
this was the worst paper I have ever done for french !
I'm so annoyed with myself, had no time, the listening just seemed all over the place (even the first question I was like :confused: ), I was panicking time wise on the reading and then wrote the ****test essay on "les nouvelles technologies" with hardly any content, ughhhh :frown:
Original post by soph-a-loaf
this was the worst paper I have ever done for french !
I'm so annoyed with myself, had no time, the listening just seemed all over the place (even the first question I was like :confused: ), I was panicking time wise on the reading and then wrote the ****test essay on "les nouvelles technologies" with hardly any content, ughhhh :frown:

Urgh, I have to agree with you there, except I did 'le concubinage' instead... :frown:

I genuinely went into that exam thinking I'd get an A. If I still get an A it will be an absolute miracle...

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low?
Original post by PointlessUsername
Urgh, I have to agree with you there, except I did 'le concubinage' instead... :frown:

I genuinely went into that exam thinking I'd get an A. If I still get an A it will be an absolute miracle...

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low?

I really hope the grade boundaries are low!
I'm so gutted, so did I. In every past paper I've done I've been getting As, but there is absolutely no way I even got a C for that exam :frown:
Reply 55
A short message to those who are disappointed with their first impression of the paper, the AS course barely prepares you for the paper. I'm currently doing the A2 section of the course and thought I would retake this as I'm aiming for an A* after getting an A the first time round. It would be difficult to fully express the extent to which the A2 course equips you for almost an french task, and if you retake the paper next May I am quite confident that you will feel likewise, as the AS is so pathetically tedious in comparison to A2 :smile:
Reply 56
i found it really difficult aswell! The listening was particularly difficult at the beginning! what did everyone put for the very first question??
Reply 57
I got 'One in two adults in France are overweight', you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending