The Student Room Group

What does it mean when a guy does this to a girl? Need your opinions ppl!

Right, so last night was so strange. I'm 20 female, and my friend, let's call him George, is 17. I've always looked at him as a little brother. Last night, we went out with our friends and on the way back me and him got a cab back to university, while my other 3 friends went on another cab. Anyway, this guy George is always known to be "touchy", as in touch girls and stuff, squeeze their cheeks, spank their ass, etc. (He's a kid so I guess he doenst know better). And I have this huge theory that he's gay, and many people seem to agree with me.

Anyway, yesterday in the cab, I was really upset (got into a fight with some of my friends). I was crying in the cab and he kept holding my waist and touching my face asking me if I was ok. It was really awkward, and I felt so uncomfortable. I dont like him in that way, NEVER, and it's pedophilish anyway. Anyway, so I pretended to be asleep cuz I felt awkward. So next thing that happens is that he starts getting closer to me, looking into my eyes really closely and asking me if I was ok and all that, and then he starts touching my lips, feeling it, stroking my face, etc. It freaked me out.

He's known to be touchy and stuff but yesterday in the car was so weird. I was so sure this guy was gay, but the way he acted in the cab yesterday is making me have doubts....

Is it because all his friends talk about are girls and stuff and he felt some kind of pressure to get a gf? Or prove he was straight? Or what? I'm so confused. Is this normal behavior that a gay guy or a really good friend would do? Or does this mean that he likes me heaven forbid?

Thank you for your time TSR, I'm waiting anxiously for your replies. Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

He sounds utterly creepy and unpleasant. Stop being friends with him.
Original post by Chumbaniya
He sounds utterly creepy and unpleasant. Stop being friends with him.

I think that's a bit excessive. She said she sees him as a little brother so I imagine they are decent friends. Just give him some boundaries so he knows what is and isn't acceptable.

What's confusing me is that he's 17 and at university, and isn't getting ID'd in a university city. Is he some child prodigy or something who got into uni early and has a massive beard?
Original post by RichyFrench
I think that's a bit excessive.

Not when he's the type to consistently grope people (not just the OP). There are plenty of people in this world to be friends with, and most of them are able to keep their hands to themselves.
Original post by Chumbaniya
Not when he's the type to consistently grope people (not just the OP). There are plenty of people in this world to be friends with, and most of them are able to keep their hands to themselves.

Hence the need to give him boundaries. He's still relatively young, he can learn that people need their personal space. He's not doomed forever, he means well but is just showing his care in the wrong way and it's something he needs to learn for the future.
Hence the need to give him boundaries. He's still relatively young, he can learn that people need their personal space. He's not doomed forever, he means well but is just showing his care in the wrong way and it's something he needs to learn for the future.

He's not 7. He's 17. If you don't understand that putting your hands all over people by that age, you've got some sort of developmental disorder (which the OP hasn't mentioned) or you're just weird as hell and have no respect for other people.
Reply 6
Kid wants to get laid and he wants to do it with you. Just tell him that you felt that way in the taxi and that'll be the end of it.
Reply 7
I think that's a bit excessive. She said she sees him as a little brother so I imagine they are decent friends. Just give him some boundaries so he knows what is and isn't acceptable.

What's confusing me is that he's 17 and at university, and isn't getting ID'd in a university city. Is he some child prodigy or something who got into uni early and has a massive beard?

Lol nah he's not. We're at an American university and 17 is acceptable :tongue:
I think you got raped.
Original post by Anonymous

He's a teenager not a toddler, you sound pretty weird with all the little kid, brother, pedophile jargon, seeing as you;re only 20 (thus from a lot of people's perspective just as much a little **** kid).

Just tell him you don;t like him touching you like that or getting up in your personal space.
Reply 10
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
He's a teenager not a toddler, you sound pretty weird with all the little kid, brother, pedophile jargon, seeing as you;re only 20 (thus from a lot of people's perspective just as much a little **** kid).

Just tell him you don;t like him touching you like that or getting up in your personal space.

I do I tell him ALL the time but he never listens. He does this to most girls he's close with. But I KNOW that he's gay lol. I just have this feeling that I can't explain. I can provide u with all the proofs if u want lol.

Anyway, I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Help?
I do I tell him ALL the time but he never listens. He does this to most girls he's close with. But I KNOW that he's gay lol. I just have this feeling that I can't explain. I can provide u with all the proofs if u want lol.

Anyway, I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Help?

Gays fear the cross, or garlic.
You'll have to travel around in one of these when he's in the area. There's no other way. It's known coloquially as a 'gay-guard'

http://www.yachtstrummer.co.uk/images/2009_1_january/nige_zorbing.jpg
Reply 13

Scottish Universities also have 17 year olds in them.

Anyway. Just tell him you don't care for the unsolicited intimacy and stop trying to see the situation through such imponderables as his supposed sexuality. And he's 17, not 7 as someone mentioned. It isn't 'paedophilish', it's pretty normal behaviour for a male who is only 3 years younger than you. So tell him to back off as you would someone your own age.
Reply 14
He was at it again today, except now in front of some of my friends. I don't believe this guy is straight, and it really creeped me out how he think it's ok. In the elevator, we were both alone and he stood really close to my face. This guy can't possibly be straight, can he? ARRGH! I'm so frustrated! I need more opinions and help please:frown:
Reply 15
Just ask him. If he says yes then that's fine. If he says no and get's pissed off that's fine because he'll leave you alone. Win win
Reply 16
Original post by Zyyz
Just ask him. If he says yes then that's fine. If he says no and get's pissed off that's fine because he'll leave you alone. Win win

I do. ALLLLLLLL the time. But he denies it. How can I make him admit it!
Reply 17
I do. ALLLLLLLL the time. But he denies it. How can I make him admit it!

Try and have sex with him, next time he's getting too close? If he's gay he'll get grossed out and back off incase it happens again.
Reply 18
This entire thread is the most ridiculous thing I've read on tsr so far, and that really is saying something. Your claim that it is "pedophilish" for a 20 year old to be romantically involved with a 17 year old, is truly absurd. You are just as much a child (mentally) as he is, which you have proven but making such a ridiculous statement. May my avert your attention to your own text "I have this huge theory that he's gay" a theory is just that, a theory. So you have no right what's so ever to be shocked by his heterosexual behaviour do you? Or to make idiotic accusations that he is trying to 'prove' he is straight, or that his behaviour is out of character for a gay man, because, as I stated before, you have a THEORY he MIGHT be gay.

I suggest you grow up, and tell him you don't like his intimate behaviour towards you, and stop concerning yourself with his sexually. You say this guy is your friend right? Well friends don't b***h about another friends sexuality behind their back. How do you think he would feel if he knew you spent your valuable time working on a 'theory' that he was gay, and then proceed to tell (I assume) all of your mutual friends about it? My money is on that making him feel like complete dirt, some friend you claim to be! Now, stop b***hing to us about it and sort it out yourself, or better yet leave him alone, it sure sounds like he could do without you being his apparent 'friend'!
Anyway, so I pretended to be asleep cuz I felt awkward.

Why didn't you just tell him to stop

Quick Reply

Latest