The Student Room Group

OCR PE GCE AS level 31st May 2012

PE PAPER:
I found it rather different to the usual questions, to start with there was no movement analysis table as the 1st question and the 10 markers weren't critically evaluate.

your thoughts...?
Reply 1
I found it ok, wasnt too bad, one weird question but the rest was pretty good.

Although i did write about operant learning instead of observational, which was stupid, as that means ive losst 10 marks already.

But all in all was a nice paper :smile: Except for my stupidness -.-
I sat this paper today and think it went alright, can someone remind me of the questions? I remember

1. was on Coronary Heart Disease then 2. was on Trcipes on pressups 3. Venous Return? 4.? 5. Smoking
1.Gross and Psycho motor 2. Schema 3.factors affecting learning skills 4. Massed, Distrubutive, Fixed and Varaiable 5. Observational learning
1. Physical prowress and endevarour 2. Compare sport and recreation 3. Commercilsim on Olympics 4. Amatuerism in UK moving to Professional 5. Drugs

Not sure if thats correct but thats all I can remember on it. Feel Free to correct me.
Reply 3
Original post by GlennQuagmire69
I sat this paper today and think it went alright, can someone remind me of the questions? I remember

1. was on Coronary Heart Disease then 2. was on Trcipes on pressups 3. Venous Return? 4.? 5. Smoking
1.Gross and Psycho motor 2. Schema 3.factors affecting learning skills 4. Massed, Distrubutive, Fixed and Varaiable 5. Observational learning
1. Physical prowress and endevarour 2. Compare sport and recreation 3. Commercilsim on Olympics 4. Amatuerism in UK moving to Professional 5. Drugs

Not sure if thats correct but thats all I can remember on it. Feel Free to correct me.

1. CHD 2. Triceps Brachii 3. Slow Twitch muscle fibres 4. Venous Return 5. Smoking
Ah yes, the slow twitch muscle fibres, was actually hoping for structure instead of functions ah well still got 2 out of the 3 I think :smile: Really want my result this is the 3rd time I've sat this exam after acheiveing a U, then a D. :/
Reply 5
What did everyone put for the Venous Return Question/ SO functions, Amateurism- Professionalism/ Australian Sport?

I found the Smoking Essay hard, What did everyone write????
Original post by MClark
What did everyone put for the Venous Return Question/ SO functions, Amateurism- Professionalism/ Australian Sport?

I found the Smoking Essay hard, What did everyone write????

Hey there, for Venous Return I mentioned starlings law(increased VR=+CO) and went a bit of key on the conduction system.
Functions:Fatigue Resistant, Low Power Output and Endurance work with oxygen(didn't know)
Amateurism-19th Century Public Schools, Thomas Arnold, becoming more probecause of pressure on Olympics and Mass Participation.
Australian Sport-Young Nation, Fashionable/SocialNorm, Favourale Climate/Beach Culture, Anzac Spirit.
Smoking negative health effects e.g. teeth and performance cabon monoxide, oxygen dissociation, respiratory muscles and diffusion gradients.

Thats just what I briefly put not saying it's right or anything, really want to know what I've got. Thought 10 mark question on Observational Learning was quite tough despite knowning the 4 aspects of it.
Reply 7
Original post by GlennQuagmire69
Hey there, for Venous Return I mentioned starlings law(increased VR=+CO) and went a bit of key on the conduction system.
Functions:Fatigue Resistant, Low Power Output and Endurance work with oxygen(didn't know)
Amateurism-19th Century Public Schools, Thomas Arnold, becoming more probecause of pressure on Olympics and Mass Participation.
Australian Sport-Young Nation, Fashionable/SocialNorm, Favourale Climate/Beach Culture, Anzac Spirit.
Smoking negative health effects e.g. teeth and performance cabon monoxide, oxygen dissociation, respiratory muscles and diffusion gradients.

Thats just what I briefly put not saying it's right or anything, really want to know what I've got. Thought 10 mark question on Observational Learning was quite tough despite knowning the 4 aspects of it.

thanks, and yes same, I found the a and p and skill essay hard, it was a hard paper, the mark schemes are always so specific
Original post by MClark
thanks, and yes same, I found the a and p and skill essay hard, it was a hard paper, the mark schemes are always so specific

How did you get on in your praticaland and analysis of performance. Got a decent pratical grade and about level 3 response in AOP at AS. But managed to get High Level 2 in both for A2 it seems to get easier over time, I personally feel the A2 exam looks easier than AS. Your right the schemes are too speceifc sometimes they put down mark first answer which is stupid you may have made a mistake due to nerves they are supposed to be examing knowledge.
Reply 9
what do you think the grade boundaries will be for this paper ?
can someone please give me the proper definition for coronary heart disease? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest