The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doctorteeth
Keele are capped at 129

What do you mean?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
What do you mean?

I presume they mean the actual number of places in the med school. Medicine student numbers are actually decided by the NHS/government I believe and then each med school gets a certain number which they have to stick to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
wouldnt they interview more people this year since less people applied??
Reply 243
Original post by RachHill

How many applied last year? I can't seem to find it :redface:
Reply 244
Original post by Secret.
How many applied last year? I can't seem to find it :redface:

i've just gone on the website, it says 2000 so i've just realised its pretty much the same as this year
Original post by A.Systole
I presume they mean the actual number of places in the med school. Medicine student numbers are actually decided by the NHS/government I believe and then each med school gets a certain number which they have to stick to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, yeah I know that :tongue: I was confused a bit because I was originally referring to interviews
Original post by RachHill

Pretty sure more people applied this year
Original post by A.Systole

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is correct and it came right from the head of the schools mouth. This is a good thing as it keeps the teaching numbers to students high. The teaching quality at Keele is unbelievable.
I suspect we need to be patient (excuse the pun) on this thread as Keele read every PS and reference............... unless anyone had been in contact and knows differently.........??
Reply 248
So over the last year I've been part of the Access to Keele programme and alongside their more medical oriented 'Access to Professions'. However this year the Access to Professions scheme has been replaced with 'Progression to Medicine'.

On the website section 'Widening Participation' it now says this:

"Applicants to Keele Medical School who have completed the Progression to Medicine scheme will be prioritised for interview and if successful will be awarded one grade reduction in each of two A-level subjects, with no grade below a B in any subject. A student offered the standard offer of AAA or A*AB will be admitted with ABB on completing this course successfully."

Do you think the same applies to the previous scheme?
Reply 249
What is the scheme?
I'm getting so panicked! Other girls in my college have got offers from other med schools, has anyone got an interview yet? If not when do you think they will start handing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bells_strachan
I'm getting so panicked! Other girls in my college have got offers from other med schools, has anyone got an interview yet? If not when do you think they will start handing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keele read almost every PS and therefore don't send interviews out until Dec/Jan/Feb usually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

offers from med schools? I didn't know medicals schools gave out offers so quick, because surely they've not even interviewed everyone yet? :s-smilie::confused: May I ask which med schools are we talking here? :smile:
Reply 253
I think she meant offer for interview, if not then offer for a different course because I don't think any med school has given out offers yet, the interview stage is just starting
Original post by TWridesagain
Keele read almost every PS and therefore don't send interviews out until Dec/Jan/Feb usually :smile:

Thanks very much, I've got a little bit of time then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Voldermort
offers from med schools? I didn't know medicals schools gave out offers so quick, because surely they've not even interviewed everyone yet? :s-smilie::confused: May I ask which med schools are we talking here? :smile:

Yeah sorry! I meant interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks very much, I've got a little bit of time then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at last year the first interviews were around 18th December so I'm guessing they give about 3 weeks notice for the first batch which means interviews start to go out at the very end of November. They then keep up the interviews well into March (unlike some other unis) so we are going to need our strength and patience. Of course I could be talking a load of tosh with regard to this year and they may start to come out Monday...:eek:
Original post by TWridesagain
Looking at last year the first interviews were around 18th December so I'm guessing they give about 3 weeks notice for the first batch which means interviews start to go out at the very end of November. They then keep up the interviews well into March (unlike some other unis) so we are going to need our strength and patience. Of course I could be talking a load of tosh with regard to this year and they may start to come out Monday...:eek:

The first interviews were sent out on the 29th November last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
any keele med students here
Guys I got no confirmation email from keele and thus no survey to fill out, should I be worried and contact them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending