The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A character limit exists!!
Reply 2
Christ, is it that time of year again already?

There isn't a word limit, but there is a character limit and a line limit. Its 4000 characters and 47 lines, which works out at around 500 words (could be more than 500 or it could be less, i can't exactly remember).
Reply 3
That time of year??!! We started writing our personal statements at the end of september- even the medics!! :eek: However, we noticed that the L6 ppl have already written a draft of their PS!! We left it all last minute! :rolleyes:
Reply 4
chester_2005
That time of year??!! We started writing our personal statements at the end of september- even the medics!! :eek: However, we noticed that the L6 ppl have already written a draft of their PS!! We left it all last minute! :rolleyes:

:smile: I have started preparing in earnest now as I will be on a few holidays between June and end of September, plus working full time so will not really have the time or concentration to get a good statement done. I prefer to send off my application so that I know it is done in the 1st week of September as opposed to fiddling around with my university choices
Christ, is it that time of year again already?

There isn't a word limit, but there is a character limit and a line limit. Its 4000 characters and 47 lines, which works out at around 500 words (could be more than 500 or it could be less, i can't exactly remember).

Sounds about right, I applied just before christmas and got my offers as normal, but in my opinion the earlier the better. Good luck.
Reply 6
I think the above is correct. It is sometimes useful to write your PDS in a word processing application, which you can then edit. You can paste it into the UCAS Apply area once this has been done, which allows you to compare the statement to the size of the box provided. As you type, you will see the number of characters remaining. You can check your form before sending it to the referee, so there is plenty of opportunity to make changes.

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending