The Student Room Group
are you drinking enough liquids?
it could also be a bladder infection.

what is the time lapse between going to the loo? and when you go, do you actually need the loo, or is it just like you've got a heavy bladder but you just trickle. sorry for being crude, but it might help us all a bit more if we have more info.
Reply 2
I drink plenty - and I just wee normally
I usually have a bottle of water 75cls and in under 5 mins I have to go to the bathroom
FlyingIsis
I need to wee aaalll the time, it's really frustrating, making 2 hour lectures a bit of a nightmare. I know this can come as a side effect of diabetes - but I'm sure it isn't that.
This has only started to happen in the last few weeks.
Does anyone else get this? Any ideas what could be causing it? :toilet:

Yeah I've had it for the last 2 years!!! It's the most frustrating thing ever! I've had diabetes tests and they've all turned out negative, so it isn't diabetes for me either. I haven't really consulted my GP about it properly, so I'm not sure what it could be yet.

But that would be my advice, to go and see your GP, ask to have a diabetes test (they'll probably carry out a 'fasting test', when you'll have to fast from 10pm the night before and have a glucose test the next day), and if it's not diabetes then I'm not sure what other tests they conduct after that.

The term used in medicine is 'urinary frequency', so if you tell them it's that they'll be impressed :smile:.

It's such a burden isn't it!
Btw nice emoticon!
Reply 5
FlyingIsis
I need to wee aaalll the time, it's really frustrating, making 2 hour lectures a bit of a nightmare. I know this can come as a side effect of diabetes - but I'm sure it isn't that.
This has only started to happen in the last few weeks.
Does anyone else get this? Any ideas what could be causing it? :toilet:

That's the most apt and relevant use of a smiley I've seen on TSR.

Anyway, it's worth talking to your GP about it.
Reply 6
Do you drink much caffeine?

It might also be down to the colder weather as your body doesn't lose much water through sweat, so it dumps it into your bladder.
Reply 7
I am exactly the same! And it really can get annoyign after a while.

I remember the first night that i stayed at my boyfriends (i was still getting to know him then) and i had to go to the loo about every half an hour. It really did kinda ruin the mood :frown:

I went to the GP about a year ago about it, and it came out with nothing :frown:
Reply 8
I've been to the GPs quite a lot recently (for various nonrelated things involving a million tests) and it's definitely not diabetes. I don't think it's an infection either because I don't have any discomfort at all....and I don't drink anything with caffeine
i had this as well :frown: needed a wee every 10 minutes and the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me. i was just advised to drink a glass full of water every 40mins and avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks for a while. maybe try this for about 2 weeks and see if anything improves.
Reply 10
I've had this for almost three years now. It's not getting better at all and all the doctors I've been to see have told me they can't find anything. They've given me medicine for infection but it doesn't help. Someone suggested it's stress-related, but that would mean I've been weirdly stressed out for over three years, and I really haven't :frown: Sorry I can't help you, but at least you're not alone in this.
Reply 11
It could be that you just have an overactive bladder so maybe you could mention that to your doctor. He/she might just ask you to keep a record of how many times you're going to the loo a day and at what particular time. Then you might be given some exercises to do to train your bladder. Also if it's worse when you drink alcohol cut down on that and see what happens. Also try to avoid caffeine and see if things get better.
Kiran
xx
i had/have this. it could be a number of things, i had tests for diabetes, chlamydia, UTI/water infection(probably the most likely, so mention this to a doctor) and it all came back clear. i had some cranberry sachet things you drink for a few days that i got from boots, they helped for about a week and now i just pee pee pee all over again and drink insane amounts of water too.. it's been three years! there are other tests/scans but i just didn't follow it up, i just deal with needing to be near a toilet all the time and having to allocate for "pee stops" when i'm going somewhere :/
do you have a lot of caffiene? that can make you pee more, i pee a lot more up until midday if i have coffee in the morning. any herbal teas?
so, get to the doctors monday :smile: maybe keep a track for the weekend of what you drink + when + when you pee. you could go to boots today and ask at the pharmacy counter about cranberry powder sachets(can't remember the name but it was something like that!) for a possible slight UTI and see if that works. or drink a bunch o' cranberry juice!
maybe its what your drinking...
pregnancy? that makes you wee...
infection, may not neccessarily be uncomfortable....
thats all i cna think of but i agree with watermelon sugar keep a record for the weekend and go doctors on monday :smile:
x
apparently its a vicious cycle- the more frequently you pee, the more your boady gets used to doing it more frequently
try to drink more water (dehydration is a common cause of this problem) and hold it in for slightly longer each time
Reply 15
I also have this, and it's a total pain. I've been referred to an incontinence clinic and I have to keep a diary of when I need the toilet and what I drink. It might be a good idea to do this and show your GP, since it's only been happening 2 weeks it could be down to the cold weather.

Also it helps if you spread your liquid intake out instead of drinking loads in one go.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm wondering if anyone has a job here? if so, how do you get around the toilet situation?
Reply 16
I've had this since i was about 11, I think its worse in the night.
I get up to the toilet i feel like i'm bursting I get to the toilet and there's hardly anything there.

I've just recently had a UTI and a Kidney Infection which I think can make it worse.
I've been told to do pelvic floor excercises.

My mum also has this and they gave her some tablets for it, she said they were alwful because they dried her mouth out, doctors are useless on this.
Reply 17
Is it cystitis?
There's things you can buy from the pharamcy for this. Or the doctors will put you on antibiotics to clear it up.
Reply 18
It's not cystitis
It seems to be getting worse - I've gone 4 times in the last hour. meh.
Reply 19
ask to be tested for diabetes insipidus

its not the same as normal diabetes

its where your brain isnt producing enough of the hormone ADHD which means your kidneys arent being told to retain water - therefore you just wee it out, and need to wee a lot therefore making you thirsty too.

it can come on suddenely- it did for me - and for no reason.

the test they do is to not allow you to drink water overnight, then they do blood/urine tests to see whats in your wee etc and they can tell if you have it from that.

but its very rare - so its something you would have to say to the doc could it be diabvetes insipidus?