The Student Room Group

Where's your favourite hoodie from?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got mine from noisebot.com

It says, "I'm on a boat", and there's a picture of a boat too.
I frequently get people sing the song to me when I'm out, especially down the pub :biggrin:
I have a hoodie from the University shop with "University of Dundee" on it.

I also have an Abercrombie hoodie that I love.x
Reply 42
Original post by ruby321
I agree was trying them on, so soft and warm! :smile: What gets me is I see a lot of 12/13/14 year olds wearing hollister :/

what's interesting is that hollister market themselves in the US as teenage beach wear. but you tend to see so many people older than that wearing hollister in the UK. I've seen older mums wearing hollister trackies and hoodies who definitely are not 'teenage'. In the US, it seems to be people between 20-30 that generally wear hollister. but in the UK we seem to be going through a holister craze since shops started opening up here and everyone wants to wear it, but in the US they've had it for a while and its just another brand so kids aren't going crazy for it.
Reply 43
I have one from Jack Wills thats sooo soft and comfy I got it in their sale for £34
My uni one :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by lukas1051
Getting a hoodie with a big brand across the front will make you look like a douchebag.

You started so well...

Get one from somewhere like Topman or H&M.

...but then let yourself down badly.
Reply 46
Original post by ruby321
What gets me is I see a lot of 12/13/14 year olds wearing hollister :/

That surprises you? really? Who do you think Hollister is aimed at? What age range do you think buy the most branded clothes? :confused:

12-14 year olds are making their first baby steps into the world of style and fashion, but they don't know the first thing about it, so they just go for brands that they have heard the 15 year olds say are "cool". This happened when I was back in school, and still happens today. Fortunately most people grow out of worrying about brands by the age of 16/17 and actually start to develop their own personal style instead.
Back when there was a random Mambo surf store in Angel Islington. :moon:

My favourite hoody is bright orange with a skull on it. So warm! :mmm:
Uni one :smile: its larvely
Original post by lukas1051
Getting a hoodie with a big brand across the front will make you look like a douchebag.

Get one from somewhere like Topman or H&M.

Enjoy your thin piece of **** that hardly keeps you warm and shrinks after a few washes. As for no logo's Topman is crap Tier, If I had to go without a logo it would be Banana Republic or Urban Outfitters.
Reply 50
I hate to admit it, but my hollister hoodie. I dislike the blatant branding on it, but I've bought hoodies from new look, topshop, H&M... and this one is undoubtably the most comfortable thing I have ever owned. I wouldn't buy a hollister t shirt, but the hoodies are worth every penny.
Threadless, just because I liked the design (obviously..) and they're very soft.
gotta be this
Even though everyone seems to be hating on it, my Abercrombie & Fitch zip hoodie is really comfy, a bit expensive but still really good.
My favourite one is one I have from A&F.
if you're a girl go for a mans hoody and don't care what you look like. :smile: in my experience I find they're warmer and a lot more comfortable, i'm petite and usually get a medium guys hoody if its for practical use rather than to look good.

My fave hoody is a grey and red unisex one I got when I went skiing in switzerland in year 9, it's big and warm and looks nice too. unfortunately my boyfriends got it right now and he lives 250 miles away... gonna steal it back on monday when I go see him :laugh:
Reply 56
My favourite one is a light one from Burton or a heavy jacket-type one from Republic. Got a nice one from Gap. My school leavers' hoody or my uni hoody are probably the comfiest pullover hoodies.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Enjoy your thin piece of **** that hardly keeps you warm and shrinks after a few washes. As for no logo's Topman is crap Tier, If I had to go without a logo it would be Banana Republic or Urban Outfitters.

I have nothing against people getting branded clothes if they're comfy or warm or whatever, but having a massive logo printed across your chest makes you look like a t***.
Reply 58
My fave one is from Republic, their own brand Soul Cal Deluxe. Super comfy and great fit. Their normal Soul Cal ones are okay too, but the Deluxe range is nicer imo. I also have a knitted one from there by Crafted which is lovely and warm and great to layer. They have sales every winter where they usually have stuff from £30 or more reduced to £10-£15 and it isn't the crap stuff neither, most of the time it's stuff I'd seen but couldn't justify paying the full price for.
Reply 59
The Topman indigo kangaroo hoodie I own is quite good. Goes with pretty much anything

Quick Reply

Latest