The Student Room Group

Second year of Pharmacy at Liverpool John Moores University

Hi,

Can anyone advice how the work load is in second year of pharmacy at LJMU. Has any graduate gained direct entry into second year.

Many Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by pink81
Hi,

Can anyone advice how the work load is in second year of pharmacy at LJMU. Has any graduate gained direct entry into second year.

Many Thanks

Oh hi! :hi:
Are you in LJMU 1st year Pharmacy then? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Hi,
Am not in first year, I am a Chem Eng. graduate trying to get direct entry into second year of LJMU school of pharmacy.
Reply 3
The workload for pharmacy at LJMU is pretty full on in first and second year. There is a large pharmacology project in the second year which takes up a lot of time in semester 1. Semester two doesn't have this project but there are lots of lectures, workshops and coursework to do.

On average first year is 9-5, wheras second year is 9-5 with a few empty slots here and there.

If you enter directly into second year you will have to take an extra module alongside all the other second year modules. This is the first year pharmacy practice module and you will be required to go to the lectures and compulsory dispensing workshops.

Is LJMU offering direct entry for the coming academic year? It would be worth checking as I know a number of universities are starting to withdraw these entry schemes.
Reply 4
Original post by TigerSwift
The workload for pharmacy at LJMU is pretty full on in first and second year. There is a large pharmacology project in the second year which takes up a lot of time in semester 1. Semester two doesn't have this project but there are lots of lectures, workshops and coursework to do.

On average first year is 9-5, wheras second year is 9-5 with a few empty slots here and there.

If you enter directly into second year you will have to take an extra module alongside all the other second year modules. This is the first year pharmacy practice module and you will be required to go to the lectures and compulsory dispensing workshops.

Is LJMU offering direct entry for the coming academic year? It would be worth checking as I know a number of universities are starting to withdraw these entry schemes.

Thanks TigerSwift,

Been offered a place at a University in London starting from First year. I am new to this forum and have been reading older posts by Pharmacy students. Just wondering if it's possible as I have seen olders posts stating that graduates have gone directly into second year at LJMU and Strathclyde.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending