The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
Original post by Pinnerite
Delve further - there are pictures of the tents which are HUGE (measurements given) and it specifically says there will be rain cover so I don't think we have to worry. Presumably at the stadium we wil be in the open air however.

There is a monster tent for holding the cast in between rehearsals (remember there will often be two sessions happening simultaneously, and the largest combined sessions will be more than 6,000 people!). The two fields of play are open air.

Good question Flakeydom - we're all eager to hear!
Reply 6241
Original post by Concord
There is a monster tent for holding the cast in between rehearsals (remember there will often be two sessions happening simultaneously, and the largest combined sessions will be more than 6,000 people!). The two fields of play are open air.

Good question Flakeydom - we're all eager to hear!

And don't forget the need for confidentiality and secrecy!! It won't be too much in the open for fear of reporters/snoopers/etc. :shh:
Reply 6242
Original post by Snix99
Got back from hols a few hours ago to a 'Cast offer' e-mail!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Can't believe it - I'm so happy!!!

I was at the Men with Rhythm recall so no prizes for guessing I'm another 44-FOP, no idea what that is but over-'fop'ing-joyed that I'm now part of the opening ceremony :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: no sleep for me tonight!

The sheer relief as I read the e-mail made me realise just how stressed out I've been over the last couple of months whilst waiting...waiting... so, hope they don't keep those of you who are still waiting for decisions waiting for long.

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Snix99. You were at the same recall as my son and Dragon1234 and you have all got in! So good to hear positive news.
Congrats to everyone else who has good news as well.
I'm now a complete nervous wreck - every waking minute is consumed with 'have I, haven't I'. Nothing, but nothing can distract me. Please, please, please Casting, I know you must be very busy, but any chance of knowing this week? :please: Not that I'm over dramatic or anything, but I think I might be going slightly mad!
:nutcase:
Original post by AnotherDude
I like this thread.

Has a nice energy.

Quite different from watching the news.

Be interesting to see what they have in mind for the 44-FOPPERS.

We are more then just beefcakes. We have feelings too.

I just hope there isn't a "44-FOPPER" section of the field that consists,
solely of 500 scowling men lugging boxes around, whilst on the other side
all your dancing sorts are being taught how to tap dance!

Wowzers, 500 scowling men? Sounds ideal to me, I'll swap roles with you :biggrin:

Bring on those men with rhythm... :wink: haha
What a shame - the offers for the paras only started coming in on Friday finally and they are clearly doing it in segments - hence all the '44FOPPers' yesterday and further segments will be being sorted right now. Can't you just hang on until at least the end of the week? I am sure there will be loads of offers coming in the next few days and especially on Friday.....we so want you to be part of it! :puppyeyes::confused:

Hiya,

Thanks y'all for you message saying about being more patiente! I have just been offered to go to Florida for 3 weeks in June and accepted it as like I said I cannot hold my life if I am not successful... I haven't auditioned for the Para Ceremonies but for the others ones in July. Again I am disappointed to be left out without knowing anything... That's life I guess.

Best for everyone who has been selected and the ones who are still waiting like I was.

P & L
That flipping London 2012 shop.... does anyone else have a little heart attack when it pops up in their inbox thinking it may be an offer/rejection? x
Original post by Flakeydom
I hope you're not insinuating that getting Mum of Students up onto her flagpole is like pushing a cow over the moon :eek::tongue:

Congrats Snix99 - you were one of our first Feb auditionees to sign up I think :smile:

Ha Ha! Well I wouldn't want to get me up there, but I'm sure they've worked out a way - probably a large catapault with all the 44 FOPs holding on for dear life before they let go! Waht fun ... !:boing: :boing:
Reply 6247
Original post by hanzipops1
That flipping London 2012 shop.... does anyone else have a little heart attack when it pops up in their inbox thinking it may be an offer/rejection? x

Oh yes I got that, infuriating. Surely all the remaining offers will go out soon, there is not much time left until the ceremonies start. Fingers crossed.

Original post by suzalt
Reason i ask is most of mine start at 530pm, which is when i'm meant to finish work... obv going to get away early as often as i can but just wondered how much of a grace period there is at the start of each sesh (hope that makes sense!)

I'm in the same boat, I am going to discuss it with my boss today, and propose that I just take a 4.30pm lunch break... not sure it will go down too well but worth a shot!
Original post by Caroline27
I've had my first rehearsal, and of course I can't say anything about anything - but the feeling going through my head was: WOW. If possible, I am now even more over the moon that I got in - still on a high. All of you that have got in have I'm sure something incredible to look forward to. I've read through the fine print and I think I'm okay to emote general positive feeling.

Thanks for that Caroline, I'm looking forward to starting rehearsals so much - even more so now, if that's possible!

Welcome to segment 44 all you FOPs out there!
Everyone do the "don't rain" dance - pointe shoes don't like water - they go very "wicked witch of the west" - "I'M MELTING!!!" = 100+ not so pointe dancers :scuba::scuba::scuba::scuba::scuba:
Reply 6250

Every single time! I'm also really sensitive to e-mail times. I know when my automated mails get sent and if there's an unusually timed unread mail my heart rate goes up. What are they doing to us!
Reply 6251

YES!!! Hahaha!!! All this waiting is driving me crazy!!!
Hi Everyone,

Been following the thread for a while and finally TSR website has worked properly to let me sign up and comment to you guys. :biggrin:

Well done to everyone who has got a place so far.

I auditioned on Feb 17th and had my recall @ 5.30 on Feb 21st. Still waiting away up here.

A guy i made friends with at both of my auditions found out a few weeks ago that he is in the olympic closing ceremony, and a friend of his (diff audition dates to me) has got a para place. So hoping I will be lucky number 3 there :smile:

Emma
Original post by AlecSp
From looking at the planning applications, you do realise it's currently a flattened site - no buildings? So it's fairly safe to assume that the "stadia" we'll be practising in will be simply marked out areas in the open air.

Hope we don't have weeks like this week, with constant rain!

Just wondering where you found the "planning application" you were looking at, would love to see where we will be rehearsing.:smile:
Hi well the frustration continues ...i have to confirm my shifts for gamesmaker today and I know some could potentially clash with the ceremony compulsory rehearsals. I may not get picked there may be no clashes but how can I commit to something when there are these unknowns. I have drafted an e-mail to gamesmakers begging for more time to confirm and explaining my predicament and I will send that tonight (the last day of the 14 i was allowed to change shifts) I have explained Im willing to do more shifts and chop around to help them ..they must surely have others with similar problems but my fear will be choose them or us. How can I give up gamesmaker on the off chance I have been selected and knowing that had my schedule come through I could have changed my shifts with their blessing. I see no point in ringing casting as i will get the standard .....you will know in two weeks . Please please casting put me out of misery and just let me know.

is it right for me to assume there are not set dates for compulsory rehearsals that it will depend on your segment because please if there are common compulsory rehearsals and the dates are known let me know even if its in box. I guess however they will be all different !!!
my recall was for Thursday 23rd Feb ...has anyone heard from that date ?

ps I was quirkymum if the spread sheet needs updating but i had a password issue and had to change name
Original post by Melodrama Queen
Just wondering where you found the "planning application" you were looking at, would love to see where we will be rehearsing.:smile:

Don't really want to say much because of confidentiality as this is an open site but the clue is in the update letter that you were sent about the venue and remember that you are 'rehearsing for the olympics'....:cyber:
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't really want to say much because of confidentiality as this is an open site but the clue is in the offer letter that you were sent about the venue and remember that you are 'rehearsing for the olympics'....:cyber:

Thanks very much Pinnerite. I will have a scout around, see what I can find. :wink:
Reply 6257
Just found out that our grant was not funded so rather than 3 years and a bit left in my job I have a "a bit" left in my job and we will probably have to move in the near future. Not sure how I feel at the moment. I'm so relieved to finally know that I don't think the band news has hit yet.

Please casting, give us a nice email.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6258
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Just found out that our grant was not funded so rather than 3 years and a bit left in my job I have a "a bit" left in my job and we will probably have to move in the near future. Not sure how I feel at the moment. I'm so relieved to finally know that I don't think the band news has hit yet.

Please casting, give us a nice email.

yes go on...send out those offers!!!!!
big hugs coming your way!
Reply 6259
Picture someone posted on Twitter of the rehearsal site!

http://yfrog.com/obl0icqj

Obviously I dont know how true it is!

Latest