The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier Uni - Nightlife?

Hi!

I'm planning on going to Scotland and studying in Edinburgh Napier University! :smile:

Right now, I live outside the UK, but I was wondering what life is like in Scotland? The transportation, shopping, financial, etc. - and of course, the nightlife! I know this question is quite broad, but any tips on what it's like living there would be great - I'm clueless :s-smilie:

Thanks! x
Reply 1
Hey there,

I studied at HW rather than Napier but they're both in Edinburgh, so reckon I could answer some of your questions! Life in Scotland is pretty good I'd say - Edinburgh as a city is absolutely stunning, Lothian buses recently won a national award for their outstanding service, and shopping is not bad. There's a few pretty good shops, but generally speaking I'd recommend heading over to glasgow (takes under an hour, is pretty cheap, and there's a train every 30 minutes) if you fancy a good shopping session. By financial I'm guessing you mean what are prices like, rather than how well represented the financial sector is (the answer to which would be quite well, in case you're curious). It's a rather difficult question to answer not knowing where you're from unfortunately - as a Swede I'd say is slightly cheaper than back home for food, even more so for drink, and clothes are pretty similarly priced (ever so slightly cheaper, some brands more so than others).

As for the nightlife, I'm afraid I was born an old man in that regard, so I'm not the most qualified to answer. I can tell you that we've got a handful of rather good pubs (just avoid the touristy ones), and getting your hands on a decently priced drink isn't too challenging. As for clubs.. well, there's quite a few of them, and I'm sure they can't all be bad if that's your scene! :wink:

If you've got any more questions etc just fire away. :smile:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 2
Thanks so much for your reply! It was really helpful! :smile:

I live in Denmark now (and I used to live in Sweden for 5 years) - Jag talar flytande svenska haha. I was wondering if you had any other examples of Scotland compared to Sweden? For a broader view of what it's like living there.

I don't really have any specific questions, so any information you think would be useful is always welcome! Thanks again! :smile: x
Reply 3
Hi Sahnestarck. I sent you PM few days ago but i'm not sure if you recieved. I'm going to be in Napier University as well. I got unconditional offer few months ago for Ms Tourism and hospitality. Do you have an offer and if so what is you major? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sahnestarck
Hi!

I'm planning on going to Scotland and studying in Edinburgh Napier University! :smile:

Hiya! Choosing Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier was one of the best decisions I did. Living here is awesome and you can make your life how you like. So if you like partying a lot, no problem, because there so many bars, we had every Wednesday Napier Party - lots of fun. You should definitely look forward to being a part of Freshers Week this year, believe me it will unforgettable week!

If you don´t wanna party, there are many places you can enjoy Edinburgh, nature etc. Yeah as Salgoud mentioned, shopping is not that awesome, but you might find something somewhere :smile: And about the transport, it is good, quite different as I was used to and depending on what your course is, you might even walk :smile:
What are u going to study?

Original post by artito
Hi Sahnestarck. I sent you PM few days ago but i'm not sure if you recieved. I'm going to be in Napier University as well. I got unconditional offer few months ago for Ms Tourism and hospitality. Do you have an offer and if so what is you major? :smile:

Uncodnitional? Good job!
Reply 5
Hey guys! Artito - sorry for the late response, but I responded back to you! :smile:

And thank you so much for the information! I'm hoping to start studying after my gap year, in the fall of 2013. It sounds very promising though, and who knows, I might meet you along the way! :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest