The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Operating Department Practice - Edge Hill

Hi, I've been offered a place starting in April 2012 for the ODP course. Is anyone going to be joining me? Thought it would be nice to chat before we go! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey! when did you find out? I'm still waiting to hear back...had my interview in February
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Heya, I found out Sunday night when ucas updated. I had my interview in March, I was told last week when I enquired that you should have heard by end of this week...due to the course starting so soon. Best of luck x
Reply 3
Howdy. Will you be studying at Armstrong House or in Ormskirk? I'm starting at Armstrong House on 23rd April for the ODP degree. Lookin forward to getting started. :smile:
Reply 4
Heya! Oh I forgot to say I'm starting at Ormy! I'm really excited about starting & meeting everyone, but I'm in a panic now trying to get all my prep done. Haven't even done my I'D checks :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Hey people! I got accepted and enrol at armstrong house on wednesday 18th april. Looking forward to it!
Reply 6
Hey Andy. I enrol too on Wed at Armstrong House. Lookin forward to getting started the week after and find out where my placement is.:smile:
Reply 7
Oops. Think I just repeated myself replying to my own thread. Must make sure I switch my extra brain cells on for the start of the course. :confused:
Reply 8
Thanks for your reply! I've still not heard anything so will call them on monday! GOOD LUCK everyone!!! Xx
Reply 9
Hi everyone! im joining the september 2012 odp course and was just wondering if there was anyone else going as well! looking forward to it! :smile:
Reply 10
Is everyone enjoying it? Can anybody give me an insight into what you get up to ? :smile:
Reply 11
Hi
I'm 47 probably the oldest student going. I've got my interview on Friday and I was wondering if you can give me a few pointers seeing as you did so well getting a place. Many thanks Gill
Reply 12
Hi Gill,
i got accepted on to the sep 12 course after what i thought to be the worst interview i've ever done! but seeing as i was one of 20 people out of 650 to get on to the course i must have done something right! basically i researched what an odp does and the roles we do e.g anaesthetics, surgery and recovery. i did this from the course overview and also from the job description from the nhs website.

it is also good to know that some of the tutors at edge hill have written books about odp stuff, so if you research paul wicker and paul rawling and mention it in your interview they will be impressed :smile:

regarding the actual interview they ask you what you think an odp does and then ask you to choose one of the three departments that we can work in (anaesthetics, surgery, recovery) and you have to describe what you think we do as an odp in that role. they go on to give you a senario and you have to say what you would do in that situation.

hope this helps, i had my interview in july so i dont think the structure of the interview will have changed much, and i knew nothing about the course and had never done any hospital work or experience even! and just so you know, we have people of all ages in our group, they dont really take into account your age, just if they think you will be able to do the course!

Feel free to get in touch if you need any more info, and Good Luck!

ze=1]Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I can say the same really I have got my conditional for September 2013 !
How are you finding it foat?
Reply 14
i love it! so does everyone else in my group, we had six weeks of lessons and stuff at uni and then went into placement, everyone is so helpful, on the academic side and also in placement, also you tend to forget you still have work to do while your are in your hospital because it just feels like that is your job! the workload is not that much either, for example we were given an essay in sep and its due in next week, so you have loads of time to get it done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I've been given an unconditional offer for April! Unbelievably happy, I've only heard good things about Edge Hill! Anyone else starting in April at Armstrong House?
Reply 16
Original post by lmon
Is everyone enjoying it? Can anybody give me an insight into what you get up to ? :smile:

Hey justed wanted to ask how long it took the university to give you an interview i sent my UCAS of 3 weeks ago still haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
It took just under two weeks, but I think they do them in cycles x
Original post by foat0859
Hi Gill,
i got accepted on to the sep 12 course after what i thought to be the worst interview i've ever done! but seeing as i was one of 20 people out of 650 to get on to the course i must have done something right! basically i researched what an odp does and the roles we do e.g anaesthetics, surgery and recovery. i did this from the course overview and also from the job description from the nhs website.

it is also good to know that some of the tutors at edge hill have written books about odp stuff, so if you research paul wicker and paul rawling and mention it in your interview they will be impressed :smile:

regarding the actual interview they ask you what you think an odp does and then ask you to choose one of the three departments that we can work in (anaesthetics, surgery, recovery) and you have to describe what you think we do as an odp in that role. they go on to give you a senario and you have to say what you would do in that situation.

hope this helps, i had my interview in july so i dont think the structure of the interview will have changed much, and i knew nothing about the course and had never done any hospital work or experience even! and just so you know, we have people of all ages in our group, they dont really take into account your age, just if they think you will be able to do the course!

Feel free to get in touch if you need any more info, and Good Luck!

ze=1]Posted from TSR Mobile

This was really helpful, thankyou. Although the 20 out of 650 has me a bit freaked out!
Hello, I have my Edge Hill interview for ODP in a week, and i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any tips at all? Very nervous as this is my first choice!! Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest