The Student Room Group

How much you'd spend on a haircut?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
foxiroxi
two colours, cut and blow dry....£40! Experianced hairdresser who is VERY good. I love her!

wow. National chain?

Got any pics of the results?
Reply 21
usually about £8, but in an effort to waste my money on other things, my mum insists that she cuts my hair, but only in the holidays lol, thing is with my hair, it eventually grows evenly after. once i shaved off my sideburns too much off, and it was noticeable, a few week later it was back to normal
My hairdresser at home charges £28 for highlights (Two colours, I think). At Voodous in Liverpool, I paid £81.50 to get my hair coloured like in my profile pic (I didn't like how big the blob of bleachy blonde on the back of my head was when it was done, though.). She used Tigi Bed Head and coloured the bit on the back of my head and two flashes on either side in a similar fashion to my glasses (Blue mixed with purple), plus a few little strands of green. Looked great afterwards, but the colour faded like mad and it stained my shower like nothing!
Damn.... £80 on a haircut?!?! Thats like 2 decent pair of trainers. :confused:
aKa Your Idol
Damn.... £80 on a haircut?!?! Thats like 2 decent pair of trainers. :confused:

She did use colour and products on it as well, in defense... what I wasn't so thrilled about was that £81.50 was the final cost.... on half-price colour day. AND I bought NO products!
2nd best mens hairdresser in the UK. 18 quid. Bargain!
supernova2
2nd best mens hairdresser in the UK. 18 quid. Bargain!

which one?

does anyone know any good mens hairdressers in London? ie those who will actually immitate the haircut youve shown them on the picture? preferably either SE or central.
I think £70 is my limit.

I have hair down to my waist so I only ever go for a blunt trim, I'm yet to find a hairdresser who hasn't cut it at least a little bit wonky :frown:

I paid £45 for a trim at Toni&Guy - just a trim, no colour or styling - and to be perfectly honest I could have done a better job at home myself with a pair of garden shears :frown: I was very upset.

I always thought that the more you paid the better haircut you got. Evidently not :frown:
I'm a male so it costs me £4.00 :p:.

Most I'd spend is about a fiver :biggrin:.
I spent £55 on a haircut once and the cut was nothing special at all - waste of money. I'm still trying to find a decent hairdresser. If anyone knows of good ones in Leicester (or Leeds) please let me know! I found a glowing review of Indy Hairdressers in Leicester in a hair magazine so I was thinking of trying them - has anyone else been to them by any chance?
Reply 30
Place back home in London does wash cut and blowdry for £20... woo! Have had some REALLY good cuts there and some average ones. Either way they last for ages so yay. Have gone more expensive places before and I havent been that impressed... Like this place that everyone really recommended but I went twice and both times the haircut grew out so quickly it felt like a huge waste of money. If I had money to burn I wouldnt mind spending a bit more, after all you wear your hair on your head every day and its worth getting a good cut :p: but till then...
I pay £68 for highlights and cut/blow dry.
Reply 32
Male, I used to pay £7 at the barbers but hated getting my haircut because they never did what I wanted.
Now I go somwhere else and pay £25 but the quality is well worth paying 3 times as much, I'd never go back to a £7 haircut now.
Reply 33
I used to have long hair to about my shoulder blades and I kept meaning to have it cut. Anyway I took the plunge and booked in at Toni and Guy (because I had never been to a proper salon!) My old hairdressers was one of my mums friends and it was only £6 for a trim!
So I went to the daunting toni and guy salon, but it was really good, we discussed what cut I wanted and what would suit me and all that, I got a short bob, so it took a fair bit with the layering and al that, but I got good service, 2 cups of coffee, complimentary choccie bars and a free fringe trim.
Was £42, but I thought it was worth it as I wouldn't be going having that kinda thing done everytime I need a haircut.
Reply 34
The most I've paid was £30 at Toni&Guys the other week for a cut and blow dry, was really impressed too. I usually go to an Andrew Collinge training salon, they charge about £14 but I haven't been happy the last few times, so thought I'd splash out and get it done properly! I paid £40 to get my hair cut and all the underneath dyed red once at a local salon, the only time I had colour put in properly.

Just wondering, do the prices of Toni&Guy vary from location?
Reply 35
Tufts
wow. National chain?

Got any pics of the results?

Nope not a national chain. For about 25 years my hairdressser had been cutting at her home. just over a year ago she brought a salon so owns that :smile: Always have her cut my hair, we let one of her girls cut my dad's and brothers hair and the results were awful!

Haven't got any pics of the results. But that price does include a straighten and the use of products in my hair. I walk out perfect every time! :smile:
£23 is my limit. If you're spending any more than that, you need to start shopping around. You can get great hairdressers at reasonable prices. Obviously, if in London, it will be more, but not 40 quid :s-smilie: I don't know how people can be so frivolous about their money. One doesn't really want to be spending so much on going somewhere with a name when one is a student, especially at uni, as some of you will eventually see.
Reply 37
Schokis
£23 is my limit. If you're spending any more than that, you need to start shopping around. You can get great hairdressers at reasonable prices. Obviously, if in London, it will be more, but not 40 quid :s-smilie: I don't know how people can be so frivolous about their money. One doesn't really want to be spending so much on going somewhere with a name when one is a student, especially at uni, as some of you will eventually see.

This is true! :smile: I'm on a tight budget of £80 a week, cor one hair cut....
Reply 38
Juicy Fruit
I spent £55 on a haircut once and the cut was nothing special at all - waste of money. I'm still trying to find a decent hairdresser. If anyone knows of good ones in Leicester (or Leeds) please let me know! I found a glowing review of Indy Hairdressers in Leicester in a hair magazine so I was thinking of trying them - has anyone else been to them by any chance?

Yeah, I went to them a few times for student cuts when I was at college. I don't know if they still do it... but it used to be on Thursdays 4.30-6.30 appointment... and it was a free cut/blowdry/finish.

I stopped going after a while coz it weren't tooo great.

Have you tried George's by any chance? Virtually 99% of girls I know have their hair cut there... its £20 with student discount, £25 without with a normal stylist... and they do an offer where students get cut and colout for £45. Everyone I know loves them... might be worth a try if you haven't already.
Reply 39
foxiroxi
This is true! :smile: I'm on a tight budget of £80 a week, cor one hair cut....
80 quid a week?! that's at leat four times my weekly budget!...but i still pay 30 to get my haircut, i know you can get it done cheaper and way more expensive, but my hairdresser does a really good job, and he genuinely LOVES my hair (it's always best to find a hairdresser who enjoys playing around with your hair; otheriwse, they get chop-happy or can't be bothered to do a really good job, i find).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending