The Student Room Group

chances of acceptance..

I've just sent away my application to uni for the following year to study law and one politics course(to fall back on).
last year i got my highers A,A,B and a D :frown:! it didn't include English as I'm doing that this year (it's essential for most places)

Ive applied to the following

Edinburgh
Stirling
Napier
Dundee x2 (1x law, 1x politics)

I have a good personal statement and references and my predicted grades are 2 A's and 2 B's (one of which being a self study as I was the only person wanting to do the advanced courses I chose so they didnt run) Im the first of my family to go to university and im from a school that doesnt send a particularly large amount of students to uni.

What are my chances of an offer and from where. Thanks if you reply!:smile:
Reply 1
a reply would be great from anyone who has an idea..
We don't know. We can't know. If you want to know then email them and they will respond however they feel is appropriate. Best of luck.
Reply 3
would you assume it was likely I will receive an offer atall?
I would say as long as you have the predicted grades and a good PS, surely you have as much chance as anyone else?

Although, I always thought having 'back up' courses never goes down well.....
Reply 5
the statement reflects both subjects quite well to be honest. I do alot more to do with politics than law in my own time! when i first started doing the statement i had alot more interest in politics, but the open days changed my mind, and i already had a good statement, so i still included it with just one option of politics.
It may cover both, but I've heard it isn't god in terms of your commitment to your subject. If they think your aren't sure the uni may be skeptical to give you an offer...

But, you never know. Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
I suppose, but politics and law are two very related courses.
Reply 8
Original post by katypurples1012
I would say as long as you have the predicted grades and a good PS, surely you have as much chance as anyone else?

Although, I always thought having 'back up' courses never goes down well.....

just so you know, I got 5 offers, my preference (Edinburgh) only wants a B in english. with stirling or napier being my back up with a B at any subject.
Good for you! Congratulations! :biggrin: All the best for next year :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by thomaspullar1
just so you know, I got 5 offers, my preference (Edinburgh) only wants a B in english. with stirling or napier being my back up with a B at any subject.

Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending