The Student Room Group

Fancy dress ideas; the 90s :)

So I need some help with any, however crazy or however simple, ideas for a ninities themed fancy dress party.

So far I've come up with the teletubbies, and although I have no personal objection to Noo-noo and such like, I don't think partying dressed as Laa-laa for example will help me make friends... (although I may have just underestimated the coolness of teletubbies :tongue: )

So any ideas would be beautifully help. Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Spice Girls, Britney Spears, power rangers, Austin Powers? Will come back if I think of anymore :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by SarahP~
Spice Girls, Britney Spears, power rangers, Austin Powers? Will come back if I think of anymore :biggrin:

Ah Spice Girls! You might just be onto something there; thank you! :smile:
Reply 3
Could you get/make a dress like this?

eg get a white dress and draw it on? Perfect!
a shell suit!
Reply 5
Original post by aliluvschoc
Could you get/make a dress like this?

eg get a white dress and draw it on? Perfect!

I'm liking the idea - but it's a shame you're over estimating my artistic tendencies :P
Reply 6
No need to make your own dress..there are fancy dress costume sites selling them, take a look http://worldoffancydress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_26&products_id=241
Postage is cheap too :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by surfnomore
No need to make your own dress..there are fancy dress costume sites selling them, take a look http://worldoffancydress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_26&products_id=241
Postage is cheap too :smile:

Thankyou - I'll have a look over them now :smile:
Reply 9
Why dress like a tart from the spice girls? That's not nineties. the 90's had some epic fashion, do it some justice and show respect to it by dressing like someone from Saved by The Bell. Wear some proper 90's clothes
Original post by jayman
Why dress like a tart from the spice girls? That's not nineties. the 90's had some epic fashion, do it some justice and show respect to it by dressing like someone from Saved by The Bell. Wear some proper 90's clothes

Like baggy jeans belted high on the waist, a Global Hypercolour shirt and an oversized lumber jack shirt over the top; finished off with a pair of LA Gears?

Ninetiestastic!
Reply 11
Daria? Kurt Cobain?

Or you could dress like a typical 90s 'cool girl', so big blow-dried hair, quite heavy and simple make-up, simple, colourful clothes. Here's some inspiration:

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending