The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For question 8 c, I worked out the x value but i forgot to calculate the value of P after that(the final step)...how many marks would I lose?
Reply 21
for the last question, 9a, i had the values of x = 30, 150, 390, 510 but then i divided it by 3 and took away 15, didnt get the same answer as u for the that part.
for 9B, i had the same idea as u, so did the 1st two lines right but then i kinda messed it up afterwards, how many marks do u think i lost overall for that question?
Reply 22
Original post by arnab
for the last question, 9a, i had the values of x = 30, 150, 390, 510 but then i divided it by 3 and took away 15, didnt get the same answer as u for the that part.
for 9B, i had the same idea as u, so did the 1st two lines right but then i kinda messed it up afterwards, how many marks do u think i lost overall for that question?

You had to add 15 first then divide by 3.
Reply 23
Original post by Mr.cool

what do u think the grade boundry for this one be?
Reply 24
Original post by otrivine
what do u think the grade boundry for this one be?

Unfortunately very high. I would say A is above 62. I would say this Jan series more candidates are resisting to get an A as they probably are continuing maths for A2. Few exceptions like me just sitting in their AS year. I would say this paper and June 2011 were the same difficulty.
Reply 25
Original post by Mr.cool
Unfortunately very high. I would say A is above 62. I would say this Jan series more candidates are resisting to get an A as they probably are continuing maths for A2. Few exceptions like me just sitting in their AS year. I would say this paper and June 2011 were the same difficulty.

and how baout B 53?
Reply 26
hey for q7 (d) i used a cosine rule, not trig would i still get the marks?
Reply 27
Original post by arnab

I did that at first but found I was missing one answer I think you will lose 1 or2 marks
Reply 28
Original post by Wa 007
hey for q7 (d) i used a cosine rule, not trig would i still get the marks?

Defintly if you got the printed anwser. I used the cos rule.
Reply 29
Original post by otrivine
and how baout B 53?

Not likely A will be high 64ish. B will be 57ish
Reply 30
Original post by Mr.cool
Not likely A will be high 64ish. B will be 57ish

but i dont know if u saw the JAN 2011 it was 10x easier than this one ! and that was 64! ?? oh well so gutted
Reply 31
Agreeing with above Jan 2011 was a lot easier than this paper I hope its no higher than 63
Reply 32
Original post by Mr.cool

soo how many marks do u think i lost for that question then?
Reply 33
Original post by Saliency
I did that at first but found I was missing one answer I think you will lose 1 or2 marks

which part are u talking about? part A or B??
If there was an option to retake this paper now, I would do it. I made so stupid mistakes.
I really need to get in the habit of reading the questions properly. Hopefully i got 65+. In june 2011, i got 56 which was like a 71UMS
Hello, do you get non calculator questions in C2?
Reply 36
Original post by arnab
soo how many marks do u think i lost for that question then?

Unfortunately i would say you may get 2 marks if wrote 3x -15 = 30 /150/390 /510
Reply 37
Original post by King-Panther
Hello, do you get non calculator questions in C2?

C2 is a calculator paper. It has elements which require no calculator assistance - like rearranging a equation, differentiation, intergration.
Wow I messed up this paper. I counted about 56/90 O_O. Why oh why did my college make us take c2 straight after c1. I couldnt think properly =_=. Yay for resits.
Reply 39
Original post by Mr.cool
Defintly if you got the printed anwser. I used the cos rule.

yeah i got the printed answer i did like 6^2 +5.16^2 -(2x6x5.16)etc..

Latest

Trending

Trending