The Student Room Group

Is this do-able?

I do maths/bio/chem........ + economics :frown:

I was intending to do further maths instead of economics but pretty much backed out because of the difficulty. Now I figured I enjoy maths more than any subject.

So I've done unit 1 in jan and await the results in march however I just can't seen myself do maths/bio/chem and then making time for economics. Nor does it interest me in the level in which the 3 primrary subjects do at the moment.
Is it possible for me to drop economics at this point, being where Im supposedly doing unit 2 in May. I even think my unit 1 was a disaster.

What would happen if I didn't sit this unit 2 exam? Is it possible at all to stop doing economics?

Cheers
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone with some advice? lol
Reply 2
No one will find out that you've done Economics, however, most universities (UCL, LSE, Imperial, Cambridge) want you to have started off with four AS's minimal.

People will quote and neg me but this is the truth.
It's also possible that you do well in economics and badly in one of the others. Which could mean that you have to drop math or bio or chem which means you'd have to carry on with economics to still coutn as a full time student and get 3 A2s without taking 3 years to do it.
Why not continue with the 4 AS you're currently doing until the end of the year and then next year pick up FM?
Reply 5
If you interested in top universities and want to apply at the normal time (i.e. not late) then don't drop economics. You will have to grit your teeth and bear it.

Alternative if you are good at self teaching; learn the further maths AS syllabus and take the exams at the end of this year, perhaps switching your school timetables so you can attend Further maths lessons. Further maths is more difficult, but the AS aspect of it is certainly manageable if you are capable of self-teaching (although, a lot of people are not). Otherwise you may want to think about picking up AS further maths next year.
Reply 6
Cheers for the responses.

How about if I dropped economics now, concentrated on maths/bio/chem as's and then did AS further maths in A2?

I don't think I'll be able to do further this year, a tad too late however will unis ever know I did unit 1 economics and then dropped it?

Quick Reply

Latest