The Student Room Group

Why do girls hate me?

So im a girl and girls have an issue with me
I spent a lot of time with boys, e.g. living with mostly boys next year, when i go out its with boys (e.g. clubs/pubs/town/supermarket) 90% of the time im just with boys and this is because/maybe why girls hate me?

Im really laid back, hate bitching, easy going and sociable but for some reason girls just want to punch me..

what am i doing wrong here? :frown:

P.S. i work at hollister
girls who hate me like to mention that.
but in all seriousness Im not stuck up in the slighest and if i could find a better job id take it..
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Samantha Brick, is that you??
Reply 2
well your username is "girl problems"..
maybe you give off the impression you don't like other girls
Reply 3
Original post by Callum828
Samantha Brick, is that you??

who?
Original post by boba
well your username is "girl problems"..
maybe you give off the impression you don't like other girls

thats just my username... not my real name
Reply 4
Maybe you're mixing with the wrong kind of girl?

Back when I flat-shared, I lived with all guys, and most of my friends are guys mainly because I studied and now work in a male dominated environment.

I still get on well with most girls though - apart from the obviously bitchy types, but not many people get on with them anyway. And like high school girls, but that was a long time ago! How old are you?
Reply 5
quite a few of girls are like this... just get used to it, us guys are so much more fun anyway :biggrin:
Girls tend to disslike girls who hang around primarily with boys.. it's just something I've noticed from my observations.
Reply 7
Original post by .Heather.
Maybe you're mixing with the wrong kind of girl?

Back when I flat-shared, I lived with all guys, and most of my friends are guys mainly because I studied and now work in a male dominated environment.

I still get on well with most girls though - apart from the obviously bitchy types, but not many people get on with them anyway. And like high school girls, but that was a long time ago! How old are you?

19, 20 in september
Reply 8
Original post by Miracle Day
Girls tend to disslike girls who hang around primarily with boys.. it's just something I've noticed from my observations.

but why is that an issue :frown:
Reply 9
Might be because you hang around with boys a lot ('waaah why is that bitch talking to that guy i like waah') or because you seem to think you are one of those not-like-other-girls or one-of-the-guys which is a pretty irritating first impression of someone. My advice would be to make more an effort around other girls with whom you share interests and don't talk to them already having made the assumption they're going to hate you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
I heard that Hollister only hires pretty girls, so they might be jealous because you're prettier than them. If you're not amazingly friendly to people and you're better than them, they can start to resent you.
Reply 11
Original post by Girlproblems
who?

thats just my username... not my real name

well yes I know its not your real name, but the fact that you chose it to be your user name could possibly indicate that you might have such an attitude.

its the only answer I could think of based on the minimal information.
Reply 12
Original post by boba
well yes I know its not your real name, but the fact that you chose it to be your user name could possibly indicate that you might have such an attitude.

its the only answer I could think of based on the minimal information.

nah its based from a twitter page with a word in front of it.
what more info would you like?
Reply 13
Original post by nohomo
I heard that Hollister only hires pretty girls, so they might be jealous because you're prettier than them. If you're not amazingly friendly to people and you're better than them, they can start to resent you.

if anything im over friendly :frown:
and wouldnt say im better than anyone!
Reply 14
nah its based from a twitter page with a word in front of it.
what more info would you like?

I'm not sure. How do you act towards girls? What makes you think they dislike you (maybe they don't really)

oh I just though aswell, maybe girls are less likely to come up to you and talk to you in the first place if your always with only boys because they find the big group of boys intimidating?
Reply 15
'Ps i work at hollister'? Maybe that's why. not because you're probably pretty, maybe because you're pretty and you act like you know it.
Reply 16
Original post by kikukaede
Might be because you hang around with boys a lot ('waaah why is that bitch talking to that guy i like waah') or because you seem to think you are one of those not-like-other-girls or one-of-the-guys which is a pretty irritating first impression of someone. My advice would be to make more an effort around other girls with whom you share interests and don't talk to them already having made the assumption they're going to hate you.

I make such an effort!
like a lot, they just end up hating me e.g. because i 'hang out with the boys' and when i go out i 'dont give the girls enough attention' (by that i mean i go out with my best boy and girl mates and idk maybe ill give a boy a hug)
All this topic has done is remind me of this.

And anything that reminds me of this is bad.
Reply 18
Original post by magap
'Ps i work at hollister'? Maybe that's why. not because you're probably pretty, maybe because you're pretty and you act like you know it.

haha im very insecure
seriously my flat mates moan about it
and i never suggested i was pretty.
but why is that an issue :frown:

I have no idea. They were like it on Geordie Shore aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending