The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
does anyone know if the paper solution with the workings is going to be uploaded?
Reply 961
Original post by IGCSE
between 80-82%:redface:

are you sure?
I guess 4h was easier because we knew what would and wouldn't come.

I studied exactly what come but am sorry bcoz I cud hav done better!!

Dude with paper pls upload fast!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 963
Original post by ie1996
are you sure?

it has never really gone above 84% and if the 3H was much harder than most past papers i doubt it will be anywhere as high as that. Remember that many people will be aiming simply to pass and this is an International GCSE.... with people from everywhere. so they cant make it too high ! 82% is standard
I got the wrong answer for the last question, but began with the right equation etc so would i get a couple of method marks at all? :smile:

Defo think 3h was harder imo!
Original post by IGCSE
it has never really gone above 84% and if the 3H was much harder than most past papers i doubt it will be anywhere as high as that. Remember that many people will be aiming simply to pass and this is an International GCSE.... with people from everywhere. so they cant make it too high ! 82% is standard

Hope its 70%
does anyone know what they think the grade boundaries will be for an A roughly?
Original post by noonoozaka
does anyone know what they think the grade boundaries will be for an A roughly?

Dude go higher up the page!!
Reply 968
Original post by ie1996
are you sure?

They don't work out the boundaries until they've got the marks for everyone's papers because say if they pre-set it at 90% for an A* and then no one got an A*? Grades are always relative. It depends on what everyone else got.
anyone want physics help check link below

http://www.youtube.com/user/benaryder
Reply 970
Hey i got a question which might be stupid, but im really stressed out about it, is it okay to draw the graphs using pencil?? Apparently pencil doesnt get scanned so if its true i would have lost alot of easy marks. So can anyone pleaseee let me know for sure whats gonna happen to all my graphs drawn using pencil, do i lose all the marks?? :frown:
Original post by nithpriya
Dude go higher up the page!!

I can only see A* grade boundaries! theres not much hope of an A* for me haha
Reply 972
Original post by noonoozaka
I can only see A* grade boundaries! theres not much hope of an A* for me haha

usually around 69-72% for A
Reply 973
Original post by Mohd1996
Hey i got a question which might be stupid, but im really stressed out about it, is it okay to draw the graphs using pencil?? Apparently pencil doesnt get scanned so if its true i would have lost alot of easy marks. So can anyone pleaseee let me know for sure whats gonna happen to all my graphs drawn using pencil, do i lose all the marks?? :frown:

dont worry ALL graphs should of been done in pencil so you wont loose any marks
So for that cubic graph question, in the working, I put 'draw x=5' even though I drew y=5 on the graph and wrote down the correct answer, would Edexcel deduct a mark?

Original post by Emsss
Lol I reckon I got 98 on that paper haha

Good for you.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got everything apart from the second lengths one where I used a slightly incorrect equation (accidentaly multiplied both sides by their respective shortest length) and then came to an answer. Will I get any marks?
wait if pencil doesn't show i got 0% in both exams... are you sure pencil doesn't come up when scanned?
Original post by Umackjiggles
I got everything apart from the second lengths one where I used a slightly incorrect equation (accidentaly multiplied both sides by their respective shortest length) and then came to an answer. Will I get any marks?

you will probably get one method mark, but nothing more than that im afraid. For the 2nd to last question with the impossible algebraic one, would x= 8 alone get me the full marks? cos -1 was the other value but if you put it into equation it didnt work

Overall i found it was a better paper than 3H BUT at the same time, both papers were pretty difficult, harder than June 2011 3H and 4H thats for sure! i reckon A* will be around 80, possible 79. i dont think its gonna drop below 79 though
Original post by izzinikolic
wait if pencil doesn't show i got 0% in both exams... are you sure pencil doesn't come up when scanned?

they are generally OK with Graphs being in pencil, but working out and stuff must be in black pen! and dont worry if youve done it all in pencil, i heard that instead of getting 0% your paper gets sent back and you go over the pencil with a black pen with a dude looking over your shoulder, then you send it back for marking? i heard this is what happens but not sure
Original post by Fas
you will probably get one method mark, but nothing more than that im afraid. For the 2nd to last question with the impossible algebraic one, would x= 8 alone get me the full marks? cos -1 was the other value but if you put it into equation it didnt work

Overall i found it was a better paper than 3H BUT at the same time, both papers were pretty difficult, harder than June 2011 3H and 4H thats for sure! i reckon A* will be around 80, possible 79. i dont think its gonna drop below 79 though

both solutions worked out so you will probably lose one mark (can't remember what it was out of). I found paper 4H much easier than 3H although I didn't find either of the papers particularly hard, they just required you to concentrate on the questions more than you usually would. I agree with you with regards to the grade boundary not going below 79, I think it will be around 81-82 on account of the "easier" paper 4H.

Quick Reply

Latest