The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
will it make any differnce if i send off that form now or after the accomodation veiwing day?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Anyone have pictures of Jarrat Hall as well?!

--------------

CAFC
will it make any differnce if i send off that form now or after the accomodation veiwing day?

According to the accom. booklet the forms are treated in date order. But you can change your choice of accom after the viewing date if you hand it in before and this doesnt affect it.
Reply 202
hrmm spose i will fill in my form now then, got a good idea what i want anyway
davesstones
Chamberlain. Oh, and Manor House, QHC, Hunter Court, Beeches if you don't fancy walking/paying to use trains etc (wait for pixiepeep to come shout at me about including the beeches :p: )
or me! having lived elsewhere i can say the beeches is fantastic.... and walking is good for you!
icedsilhouette
or me! having lived elsewhere i can say the beeches is fantastic.... and walking is good for you!

Yeah but....

It's a conspiracy I tells ya! :p:

I wouldn't want to walk that far every day, it's hard enough walking back to mine at the moment and I live right by Selly Oak station...

*moans about the state of affairs* I wish i could get assessed for disability and get an electric wheelchair or something...
davesstones
Yeah but....

It's a conspiracy I tells ya! :p:

I wouldn't want to walk that far every day, it's hard enough walking back to mine at the moment and I live right by Selly Oak station...

*moans about the state of affairs* I wish i could get assessed for disability and get an electric wheelchair or something...
is that heeley road or something? (househunting so brain is full of road names!)

i spose with the walk it depends whether you think it's worth it or not... to me it is, to others it isnt!
davesstones
Chamberlain. Oh, and Manor House, QHC, Hunter Court, Beeches if you don't fancy walking/paying to use trains etc (wait for pixiepeep to come shout at me about including the beeches :p: )

Moi? Shout at you?

Me and icedsilloette will gang up on you though, I warn you!

BEECHES IS FAB DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!!!
icedsilhouette
is that heeley road or something? (househunting so brain is full of road names!)

i spose with the walk it depends whether you think it's worth it or not... to me it is, to others it isnt!

Yeah, i live on Heeley Road :eek:

I used to walk absolutely everywhere, then I made the fatal error and bought myself a car. Now I can barely get downstairs without feeling the need to be propelled along by a motor and four wheels :wink:

pixiepeep
Moi? Shout at you?

Me and icedsilloette will gang up on you though, I warn you!

BEECHES IS FAB DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!!!

Like I said, it's a conspiracy against dave :p:

I still maintain tennis courts was better, if only to be a pedant and cause argument :wink:
davesstones

I used to walk absolutely everywhere, then I made the fatal error and bought myself a car. Now I can barely get downstairs without feeling the need to be propelled along by a motor and four wheels :wink:

I still maintain tennis courts was better, if only to be a pedant and cause argument :wink:
Cool! We think we're gonna go for one of the houses we saw there! So be careful what you say about the beeches!

Conspiracy or not, it still stands that the Beeches is great! And the Spinney on Pritchatts Park, and Pritchatts Park in general sucks!
Reply 209
i know lots of people who randomly have been put in blocks with mates from home, so it does happen.
safc26
i know lots of people who randomly have been put in blocks with mates from home, so it does happen.

Yikes I'd hate that. They can't just assume you're best buddies just because you go to the same school!
Ridiculous...
safc26

My mate who always wants to stay at halls wants to come and stay in he same block/flat as me! Actually it will be hella fun, we're not like best buddies or anything but we get on realllyyy well so I doubt we'd be antisocial or piss people off! Maybe we'll write it all over our accom forms so we can get in the same flat! :biggrin:
davesstones

I'm not "dissin" any other of the accommodation. I just happen to ardantly admire the beeches as it will be my home until July, wherein I move to Hubert Road in Selly Oak :biggrin:
pixiepeep
I'm not "dissin" any other of the accommodation. I just happen to ardantly admire the beeches as it will be my home until July, wherein I move to Hubert Road in Selly Oak :biggrin:

So you do agree that tennis courts is better? :p:

*runs
Reply 214
I'm starting Birmingham this coming september *assumes he passes exams* and i want to make sure i have a wicked time socially, so what hall would you recommend, i guess it's out of Shackleton, Chamberlain Hall, Mason Hall and Manor House, and also tennis court's i guess. I'm really keen to get involved in inter hall sports and just generally having a wicked time so which is the best?

cheers :wink:
This may have been asked before, but which of the halls have mixed sections? There's an option for it on the form is all.

Also, what happens in the 2nd/3rd year? Do you have to live out?
Tomdon
I'm starting Birmingham this coming september *assumes he passes exams* and i want to make sure i have a wicked time socially, so what hall would you recommend, i guess it's out of Shackleton, Chamberlain Hall, Mason Hall and Manor House, and also tennis court's i guess. I'm really keen to get involved in inter hall sports and just generally having a wicked time so which is the best?

cheers :wink:

Mason has gone, so that's not in your list anymore :wink:

I would recommend anything on the vale, so that is shackleton, elgar court, aitken wing, maple bank, tennis courts. the other halls have perfectly good social lives but there aren't the same number of halls clustered around one area.

YouKnewThat!
This may have been asked before, but which of the halls have mixed sections? There's an option for it on the form is all.

Unknown... I don't think there are any mixed ones this year, so it could be a new thing for you all next time.

YouKnewThat!

Yes.
YouKnewThat!

You dont *have* to live out... You could stay in accommodation or become a mentor and stay in accommodation... It tends to be foreign students that do that though...
Reply 218
come the end of the first year, i think you'll find yourself wanting to move to standard housing anyway.
Go on..someone apply for mason hall...would be amusing at least (and it is the best halls anyway - i know very unhappy people in tennis courts and elgar court)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending