The Student Room Group

QMUL - MSc Software Engineering?

Hi Everyone...

I am an international student :cool: and I have decided to pursue MSc Software Engineering at Queen Mary University of London, this September 2012. If anyone out there is joining the same course as me at the same time, please…pretty please… reply to this thread as I really need some help and advice on which accommodation is the best at QMUL and other stuff? :confused:

(PS: If u r choosing the same course at another University in London, then u can let me know all your reasons why you chose the university u did.)
--[ANY KIND OF RELEVENT INFO IS ALWAYS WELCOME] :smile:
Reply 1
What offers did you have?
Reply 2
Well! Count me in. I too have an offer for MSc SE at QMUL. :smile: Did you felt too that students of QMUL here rarely discuss a thing! Ive been on this forum for like 5 months but haven't found any current or perspective postgraduate SE student willing to talk! :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
@ LEX25288

I have recived offers from the following For MSc Software Engineering:

University of Durham, Kings College and Queen Mary University. So which one would you choose?

@Sylar
Yay!!! :smile: at last I found some one going to QMUL and doing the same course as me. and yes you are right, People don't talk about QMUL as much as some other univs around. Anyways...I have a lot of questions for u...hope u don't mind...So here it goes....
Have u excepted ur offer?
are you definitely going?
What abt ur Accomadation?
Are you an International Student?
If so where from?

Please do let me know :smile:
Reply 4
Durham and Kings have a better rep for CS. Why did you pick QM?
Reply 5
Original post by HarshiRulz
@ LEX25288

I have recived offers from the following For MSc Software Engineering:

University of Durham, Kings College and Queen Mary University. So which one would you choose?

@Sylar
Yay!!! :smile: at last I found some one going to QMUL and doing the same course as me. and yes you are right, People don't talk about QMUL as much as some other univs around. Anyways...I have a lot of questions for u...hope u don't mind...So here it goes....
Have u excepted ur offer?
are you definitely going?
What abt ur Accomadation?
Are you an International Student?
If so where from?

Please do let me know :smile:

1. Yup, Ive accepted my offer. Still waiting for the CAS though.
2. 90% chances are as of confirmed decision! :smile:
3. I'd be travelling, staying in west.
4. Yes I am an International Student from Pakistan.
I hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tooosh
Durham and Kings have a better rep for CS. Why did you pick QM?

My thoughts exactly, I would have personally gone with Durham.
At the end of the day though, the choice is yours to make. You may choose one course instead of another because of its syllabus, because of the uni's location or for whatever other reason.
Reply 7
Thanks for all your replies :biggrin:
1) - The reason I'm not choosing KCL is bcoz the fees is jst too high...I was hoping for a scholarship...but didn't get any.
2) - The Reason I'm not choosing Durham Univ is bcoz it is located in a small town far away from London :frown: I wanna experience London...nd I like city life more...plus I think it will be more advantageous to find a job in london...while living in London...It wud be harder to come all the way from durham and find a job in London right?
3) - I recieved a scholarship from QMUL univ...which works out cheaper. So I chose QMUL.

Now my question is that is the rept of KCL or Durham so high that going there is worthwhile?

So I called up a few placement agencies to get their view on things...and it turns out that they say all the univs...KCL, Durham or QMUL are good. And they seem to say there is no major difference when finding a job...it's just the degree that counts.

soooo...well...I still wanna knw rom u guys...wat do u think?
Is the rept of KCL or Durham so high that going there is worthwhile?
Reply 8
1) - The reason I'm not choosing KCL is bcoz the fees is jst too high...I was hoping for a scholarship...but didn't get any.
2) - The Reason I'm not choosing Durham Univ is bcoz it is located in a small town far away from London :frown: I wanna experience London...nd I like city life more...plus I think it will be more advantageous to find a job in london...while living in London...It wud be harder to come all the way from durham and find a job in London right?
3) - I recieved a scholarship from QMUL univ...which works out cheaper. So I chose QMUL.

Now my question is that is the rept of KCL or Durham so high that going there is worthwhile?

So I called up a few placement agencies to get their view on things...and it turns out that they say all the univs...KCL, Durham or QMUL are good. And they seem to say there is no major difference when finding a job...it's just the degree that counts.

lol! I too finalized QMUL due to the Partial Scholarship. Plus the course content is better than that offered at Durham atleast.
Reply 9
You have good reasons so it's fine.
Reply 10

If you got a scholarship, that changes everything :-)
Congrats on that, by the way :-)
QMUL is great honestly, I mean I was offered a place at that same course myself, but chose not to go there because I got into my 1st choice (York)... I just hope I did not screw this up :-)
Another reason I chose York, instead of QMUL, is 'cause it was cheaper taking into account both living expenses and tuition fees. Also there are no scholarships for EU students so... This is what led me to choosing York :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy Nexus
Reply 11
Hi All,

I hope you all made the right choice
Im international student and got to offer from QMUL and york
any advice.

regards,
Reply 12
Hi Everyone...

I am an international student :cool: and I have decided to pursue MSc Software Engineering at Queen Mary University of London, this September 2012. If anyone out there is joining the same course as me at the same time, please…pretty please… reply to this thread as I really need some help and advice on which accommodation is the best at QMUL and other stuff? :confused:

(PS: If u r choosing the same course at another University in London, then u can let me know all your reasons why you chose the university u did.)
--[ANY KIND OF RELEVENT INFO IS ALWAYS WELCOME] :smile:

This is a very old post, but hey. I will be doing Software Engineering in Queen Mary, I was just wondering if you can answer some questions. How was it, your best/worst/favourite modules etc.

Thanks
I will be studying Software Engineering in Queen Mary too,
I was hoping to know your opinion about the course and the Uni...
how is the teaching/ modules, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending