The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby

Is anyone going to study at Derby in September? :smile: or is studying there now?
Reply 1
I'm starting in September to do bsc Psychology :smile: What are you doing?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Ohh really? I nearly did psychology! but changed it to law at the last minute :smile: Are you staying in halls?
I'm starting Foundation Programme - Joint Honours in September! Can't wait now - 94 days to go! :smile::biggrin::biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ashtonpaige
Ohh really? I nearly did psychology! but changed it to law at the last minute :smile: Are you staying in halls?

No, I live near by (Burton) so i'm commuting :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by simplylldxo
I'm starting Foundation Programme - Joint Honours in September! Can't wait now - 94 days to go! :smile::biggrin::biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woooooo! Not long now! What foundation programme are you doing? :biggrin: Is it just me, or are you nervous too? :confused:
Reply 6
Ahhh right, lucky that you can commute! I'm from East Sussex so i have no chance of being able to do that! hahaa
I'm taking American Studies, Business and History! I'm nervous but really excited; wish it'd hurry up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

If any of you have any general questions about university in general, student life, living in halls etc. Feel free to ask! I am a current student at the University of Derby so will be able to give you answers from the student perspective.

Stacey
Original post by University of Derby
Hi everyone,

If any of you have any general questions about university in general, student life, living in halls etc. Feel free to ask! I am a current student at the University of Derby so will be able to give you answers from the student perspective.

Stacey

What are the lectures like e.g. size and duration? That's what I'm afraid of :frown:

Also what happens during the induction and enrollment days?
Original post by simplylldxo
What are the lectures like e.g. size and duration? That's what I'm afraid of :frown:

Also what happens during the induction and enrollment days?

Hi simplylldxo,

Lecture size and length can vary, but i'll go on my experience. My biggest lecture can have up to 150 students. My smallest lecture can have 15-20 students. Standard class length is now 4 hours for programmes with 6 modules per year. You will have a break during your class, so it isn't 4 hours straight.

Induction and enrollment are key events. Induction prepares you for your course, it gives you your timetable, reading lists and tells you about what you'll be studying. Enrollment is when you officially become a student. You have to enrol in order to release your student finance payments.

Hope this has helped, if you have any more questions, please do ask!

Stacey
Original post by University of Derby
Hi simplylldxo,

Lecture size and length can vary, but i'll go on my experience. My biggest lecture can have up to 150 students. My smallest lecture can have 15-20 students. Standard class length is now 4 hours for programmes with 6 modules per year. You will have a break during your class, so it isn't 4 hours straight.

Induction and enrollment are key events. Induction prepares you for your course, it gives you your timetable, reading lists and tells you about what you'll be studying. Enrollment is when you officially become a student. You have to enrol in order to release your student finance payments.

Hope this has helped, if you have any more questions, please do ask!

Stacey

Thankyou; its been a great help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest