The Student Room Group

latex leggings - anyone tried a pair?

...i have had a couple of pairs of black shiny lame leggings from AA over the past few months - love them - wear them quite alot - but they dont last very well - they stretch and mark easily

http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/rsac306.html

...i was in town yesterday in a shop and a girl was wearing black latex leggings - hav seen these before in a shop but thought they would not be a good idea - they looked really good and she said they were okay to wear. I didnt like to say too much as she was a total stranger...lol :rolleyes:

has anyone else ever tried a pair - are they uncomfortably hot to wear? are they uncomfortable to wear all day? are they an alternative to AA ones? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
...lol - my sis has just got in and read this - she says if i get a pair she will not be seen out with with wearing them :eek: - hmmmf! :eek:
Reply 2
I love them, they are so cool! I'm planning on getting a pair but not sure where to look- sex shop? :-) I don't think they'll uncomfortable, but I'm vaiting for an answer too!
Reply 3
how revolting!
Personally, I try and stay away from Latex clothes as much a possible...

but I don't know if a pair of leggings would be that bad...

you can get them from femmefatale lingerie: www.femmefataleshop.com
Reply 5
i used to do a lot of modeling...alt suicide girls stuff...i have a lot of rubber (latex) clothing. its ****ing sexy, but its not everyday comfy fashion. i will wear it for a night out for a torture garden type event, but not just for fashion to be out and about. you will sweat like hell. latex is hard to get on and off. difficult to take care of. and your body doesn't breathe at all. you have to drink a lot of water to compensate for all the sweating. and if your body has any flaws at all they will show...every possible flaw. even if you are skinny its hard to look perfect, you need a very toned and thin body to pull it off. but the biggest issue is comfort, and its not.
Reply 6
but if you want them, look at websites like skintwo, house of harlot, damask...i think skintwo has a place in london on holborn or in soho.

...and if you do get them, don't get the cheap ones from a sex shop. they tear easily and the seams are not as nice. at least the skin two ones are nice looking (that's wher mine are from, very good latex)
you can get them at american apparell, but are £30 - anyone know where they're cheaper?
Reply 8
musicalimogen
you can get them at american apparell, but are £30 - anyone know where they're cheaper?

that isn't latex. it is shiney fabric. latex = rubber

this is latex:
http://www.skintwoclothing.com/x-catalog/product_info.php?cPath=263_268&products_id=976
Reply 9
jovana
but if you want them, look at websites like skintwo, house of harlot, damask...i think skintwo has a place in london on holborn or in soho.

...and if you do get them, don't get the cheap ones from a sex shop. they tear easily and the seams are not as nice. at least the skin two ones are nice looking (that's wher mine are from, very good latex)

...hey thanx for the info / advice - when you put it like that though don't sound too great :s-smilie: :frown: - i have the figure to pull it off i guess - just whether to or not! - i'm tempted to try ... i dunno :p:

..you say they are difficult to get on and off - is that because they are tighter than normal leggings and grip you? why are they uncomfortable (apart from been warm) - i would have thought they would have been similar to normal leggings once on? :confused:
Reply 10
...bah - i'm so weak :eek: - curiosity got the better of me...and i got a pair this afternoon - i just happened to be walking by the gothy type shop that had them in...and that was it :eek: :o:

so - i havent tried them on yet - i'm quite scared to i think :eek: you even get a little spary thing to polish them once you have them on! - girl in the shop warned me it might take me a while to get them on first time :s-smilie:

...o well - pushing the edge of fahion - somewhere - not sure where - lol :biggrin: - just got to get up courage to try them now! :p:
sophietrophy
...bah - i'm so weak :eek: - curiosity got the better of me...and i got a pair this afternoon - i just happened to be walking by the gothy type shop that had them in...and that was it :eek: :o:

so - i havent tried them on yet - i'm quite scared to i think :eek: you even get a little spary thing to polish them once you have them on! - girl in the shop warned me it might take me a while to get them on first time :s-smilie:

...o well - pushing the edge of fahion - somewhere - not sure where - lol :biggrin: - just got to get up courage to try them now! :p:

Smileys ad nauseum. :rolleyes:
OP has not returned-anyone else concerned that she's still not gotten into them 3 hours later? :P:

Very amused by this whole spray polish thing!
Reply 13
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
OP has not returned-anyone else concerned that she's still not gotten into them 3 hours later? :P:

Very amused by this whole spray polish thing!

...lol :biggrin: - don't worry! i'm here and i havent spent 3 hours trying to get into them - honest! Popped out with some friends

so....i have just struggled (to my sisters amusement) for 20 or so minutes to get them on :s-smilie:

OO MM GGG! ...certainly errr different! Feel very very weird on - unbelievably figure hugging. Not sure how i'm going to get out of them (certainly not quickly)

just contemplating polishing them - lol - bizarre in the extreme!

i can't believe i hav tried these - lol - o well !!
Ohh, pic please! They sound like they could look amazing but not something I'd be brave enough to wear myself!
Reply 15
...OMG - i hav just used the spray stuff and 'polished' them (bizarre - polishing your leggings!) - the result - OMG :eek: :eek:

like jovana earlier in the thread said - they look ****ing unbeliavable! its like the your legs are not yours but kinda of man made - amazingly weird!

i'm not sure im brave enough to put a pic up - probably get removed by a mod - lol!

compared to the black lame ones i have from American Apparel they are way shiny - in fact just totally different...

http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/rsac306.html

even my sometimes bizarre edgy fashion sense cannot work these out - they are just too way out to even step out of the door in - let alone wear in public :eek:
Reply 16
Yes! Put a photo!
Reply 17
..have managed to wear them for an hour and half - just round the flat watching tv and getting ready for 2moro - and they are very very hot and sweaty (gross sorry!) - they are very tight and do not give at all like lycra type leggings - in fact they seem tighter now than when i put them on! - they smell of rubber as well - lol ...quite noticably!

they look amazing - they dont even bunch up when you bend your leg like normal clothes - amazing - my legs just dont look like mine

not at all comfortable...

not sure they are usable as normal clothes...more of a laugh / special occasion i guess

anyway - enuf...final report on these you'll be glad to hear!
Reply 18
...okay - i said the last post was the final on these - but... i have worn these today since 2 this afternoon and they have been okay..ish. - i have even been brave enough to go out to town wearing them as well! :p:

they are a bit hot and uncomfortable and you wouldnt want to wear them regularly or on a warm day (that would be mad - lol) but....they are wearable for longer periods without driving you mad! - i'm quite surprised as the first time i worn them i thought they were just unbearable after an hour or so - but if you get through that initial annoyance they are okay.

...the look bl**dy amazing on coz they are so shiny and dont crease at all - lol

..anyway - no more on these now - promise
Did you wear the ones in the photo from American Apparel?!
I really want a pair now!!

Latest