The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's still illegal to download games, even if you own them. The chance of being prosecuted, however, is minimal.
Reply 2

It's still illegal to download games, even if you own them. The chance of being prosecuted, however, is minimal.

How do they get the gaes on the net in the first place?
Reply 3
This will help explain somewhat, miss ruby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_images
Reply 4
Now I get it :smile:
Reply 5
What about, if you got a cartridge thing and made backups of your own ROMS on a R4 card?
Reply 6
BJack

That's not true. If you own original game, it is illegal for you to have rom, but you can't share with others.

And yes, you can download ROM and transfer it to Micro SD and put Microsd into R4 or whatever flash cart you use and play any rom you want. Believe me, it is great :smile:.
Reply 7

That's not true. If you own original game, it is illegal for you to have rom, but you can't share with others.

This doesn't make sense...
Reply 8
k9ruby
What about, if you got a cartridge thing and made backups of your own ROMS on a R4 card?

yeah, you could do that. Don't worry so much, thousands of folks do it from all over the place. It's the same with watching cinema releases on your computer, there's way too many people to track down and arrest for something actually quite minor.
Reply 9

Originally Posted by k9ruby

yeah, you could do that. Don't worry so much, thousands of folks do it from all over the place. It's the same with watching cinema releases on your computer, there's way too many people to track down and arrest for something actually quite minor.

But in the UK, are we allowed a personal copy?
Reply 10
I'm not so sure. It's better if you find website that deals with R4 gaming/roms and look at their terms and conditions legal section.:smile:
Reply 11
you can get a very good deal on these R4 cards at www.consolextras.net
I know quite a lot of people that have used them and have had no problems at all
Reply 12
load of my mates have got theirs from consolextras.net

Latest