The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2010 Competition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
I've just been 'provisionally' assinged to DEFRA. Anyone else been assigned to a department yet? (I'm GES)
Congrats on the assignment! I'm still waiting, but I'm GFS, and I don't know if any of us have been assigned yet. What do they mean by 'provisionally' assigned? Is the department all you know, or do you get any more information?
Reply 1962
I'm afraid that's all the details they gave me
Reply 1963
richaj
Hi Mac, how were you notified of the results - do you get an email or do you have to keep checking the website?
BTW did you pass?

I didn't get an email, just kept checking the site. Starting checking far too often. I did pass- yay
richaj
I thought they issued a booklet like the one for the FSAC - this not the case then?

Yeah but it just says 'practical assesment' and 'interview'. I don't know if the 'practical assessment' consits of roleplay, presentations, wrestling, hula dancing.
Reply 1965
oh god, i've got mine tomorrow too. i thought from reading it that it would be a presentation though, it does say an oral briefing on your findings which doesn't sound like a roleplay. have you done lots of prep henrietta cake?
Reply 1966
its_own_reword
I'm still waiting, but I'm GFS, and I don't know if any of us have been assigned yet.

I'm waiting to be assigned too. Anyone from GFS heard yet? All my pre-appointment checks are complete, just waiting to hear about department now.
huxley49
I've just been 'provisionally' assinged to DEFRA. Anyone else been assigned to a department yet? (I'm GES)

Ah great, how did you find out- did they post it online? I'm also GES.

Also is that the department you requested? And when they say provisionally did they give you some terms and conditions? Can't wait to find mine out!
Reply 1968
H-Cake, Sally 27, best of luck to yous for tomorrow. just relax , do your best, you'lll be fine.
Reply 1969
Hey huxley49, I've provisionally been assigned DEFRA too (GSS). Have you heard at all about a 'suitability interview' yet?
Reply 1970
Also, a slightly cryptic note for someone on here: the Facebook group for 2010 Fast Streamers (quick plug: Civil Service Fast Streamers 2010, http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=107357429296784) isn't letting me approve a request for someone (initials OJ), warning me that I "don't have sufficient permissions to do that". I can't message this person through Facebook and so I'm writing here in case they've come across from TSR to ask them to try re-joining the group as I've had to ignore the request.

All other requests are processing without problems. (In case you're wondering why the group is closed access, it's so that the group isn't indexed by search engines, enabling people to discuss their job offers relatively securely. All requests to join are accepted!)
Reply 1971
mhoward89
Ah great, how did you find out- did they post it online? I'm also GES.

Also is that the department you requested? And when they say provisionally did they give you some terms and conditions? Can't wait to find mine out!

They sent an email. They said someone would contact with T & Cs shortly (including salary :smile:
Reply 1972
almonds
Hey huxley49, I've provisionally been assigned DEFRA too (GSS). Have you heard at all about a 'suitability interview' yet?

They said I'd have an 'appointment' soonish. Not sure what I like the sound of more? 'Suitability interview' sounds like something you can fail!!
Reply 1973
got a rejection this morning - 8 months to end up with zero! don't think I'll bother next year.
Commiserations richaj, alot of people pass second time round, if that makes you feel any better.

When did you have your FSAC?
Reply 1975
Bravo Xray
Commiserations richaj, alot of people pass second time round, if that makes you feel any better.

When did you have your FSAC?

Thanks Bravo
my FSAC was March 1st.

I'm annoyed with myself really, as there were one or 2 moments at the FSAC when I could have really done a lot better, in retrospect. And that may be the difference between amber-banded pass or fail.

hey-ho , back to my tedious private-sector IT job (and yet more job apps!)
Reply 1976
Bad luck and many comiserations Richaj.

So results and feedback seems to be coming through pretty sporadically now. Anyone got any more information on whether they've set the last bands yet?
Reply 1977
Sorry to hear that Richaj... I can quite sympathise with your frustration at having been in the process for 8 months to get nothing. Real bitter sweet. I am currently amber banded and not holding out much hope... Can I ask what scheme you had applied to?
On a positive note, many people do seem to fly through FSAC second time around thanks to the feedback from their FSAC reports so all is not lost.
Reply 1978
How confusing. richaj hears (bad lack on the result, but keep at it!) but when I mail the fast stream team this morning to find out if the results are now being released, they say "The FSAC results should be available by the end of next week". Not conflicting statements, but if they're currently releasing results you think they'd have mentioned that...
Sorry to hear that richaj, come back stronger than ever!

I had HRFSB this morning and I think it went well, was anyone else there??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending