The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
LIE5
Me!

(don't ban me I just wants to play halo :frown: )

FiL! What happened to your old account? :beard:

Also, true love?

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 381
Another amazing betrayal.

Invasion. Get the core from on top of the spire - my guest jumped up and grabed it and I followed up in the falcon. I parked outside the door and guest was just about to jump in when another of my team cannoned up to the spire, only landed right on top of us as we were taking off to win the game. He died and booted us.

:/

Really there would be no problem with the betrayal system if people were just.... not idiots, who go 'oooooh X button, *press*'
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 382
We’re seeing reports of players being booted for betrayals after just one measly stinkin’ team kill. Yup, it actually can and will happen, but as always, it’s a bit more nuanced than it appears to be on first glance. Currently Halo: Reach is using a betrayal system similar to the one employed by Halo 2, where players accumulate strikes against their betrayal count not just for straight up kills, but also for doing non-fatal damage to their teammates.

Of course, none of that is communicated very well in game, so it’s no surprise that you’re freaking out about it. Even internally, we’ve already talked about tweaks to the current system and we’re looking into deploying a solution. Don’t worry; it’s something we can configure without a major update, so you can expect to hear back from us soon about some modified betrayal booting conditions. Maybe December. (Yes, that's a joke.)

For now, here’s how you remedy the problem:

1. Stop shooting your teammates

From this week's Weekly update, may give you an insight to what's being done here.
Reply 383

This could only happen to me :sad:

Also I think I may have glitched my "Gods Must be Strong" Legendary achievement... It popped up to say I got it and Halo Waypoint and Bungie.net count it as achieved but it hasn't given me the gamerscore for it on my profile. I still have 690/1000 when theres only 185 up for grabs :s-smilie: bizarre?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 384
WhySoLimey
dual wield would be kinda pointless in this new version anyway though i can see why its been taken out

iguess its just opinion though cause i can already see ths will keep me playing much longer than halo3 did ;p

Why would it be pointless? Dual wield + jetpack = win.
Reply 385
Jehuty^

Also I think I may have glitched my "Gods Must be Strong" Legendary achievement... It popped up to say I got it and Halo Waypoint and Bungie.net count it as achieved but it hasn't given me the gamerscore for it on my profile. I still have 690/1000 when theres only 185 up for grabs :s-smilie: bizarre?

I think I read about this happening to other people, if you recover your gamertag it should fix it if I remember right.
Witchita
Anyone else good at forge? Is there a way I can force teams into uneven quantities? I want 1 guy on 1 team and 4 on the other, best to make it off a zombie game mode?

You'd want to edit the gametype variant, so that's not done in Forge.
Reply 387
Devel
I think I read about this happening to other people, if you recover your gamertag it should fix it if I remember right.

I'll try that thanks.
Jehuty^

This could only happen to me :sad:

That clip will easily get into the halo top 10.
Reply 389
Damn arena is frustrating. Just a total campfest. Why did bungie put slayer pro as no radar in team slayer and then make it with radar in arena?

I think I might just play TS, BTB and a little arena (for my ratings) until MLG releases its v1 settings.
Reply 390
NO damn griffball.

Now that is off my chest how about some snipers and some slayer DMR matches? We could play some FFA games too.
Reply 391
Asylum 2 flag has to be in there.

Perhaps boardwalk 1 flag?
Nearly finished campaign on normal. Still haven't died. I gave it to my sister to play for about 30 minues and she ended up dead tens of times!!!

I find plama pistols are really effective in campaign. Got a lot of achievements so far xD.
Reply 393
:teeth: accept mee
I really don't like the new Halo.

I think its cuz i haven't played halo in ages just been playing mw2 and fifa 10, maybe it is a shock to the system?
Reply 395
As great as the new forge is.... Its not expanded enough, the amount of things you can spawn is still far too restricted. 8 grav lifts, 24 explosives, 100 basic building blocks?
Witchita
As great as the new forge is.... Its not expanded enough, the amount of things you can spawn is still far too restricted. 8 grav lifts, 24 explosives, 100 basic building blocks?

Mapmaking tools always are so very restricted. I had hoped with hard drives with this generation of console would resolve that. But no :frown:
Reply 397
Dinendal Leralonde
Mapmaking tools always are so very restricted. I had hoped with hard drives with this generation of console would resolve that. But no :frown:

I know, I was messing about with a mouse trap map, made a tower of explosives triggered by a landmine (set off by a golf ball) but to make it blow up my stash of vehicles Iv had to make a fuse of other vehicles which dont wanna blow up! Need to reduce vehicle hp to like 1.

Then again, iv also spent more time in forge than I have in match making!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 398
Ive just had a great idea. After playing some customs we could get a TSR BTB team together! Having 8 players playing BTB is so awesome.
Ape Gone Insane
Halo Reach Society(Join here)

accept me too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest