The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A (AS level) Unit 1 24th May

How are people revising?

Has anyone got a list of past grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

fuking ****ting myself for this
Reply 2
Original post by Crystalclearmagic
How are people revising?

Has anyone got a list of past grade boundaries?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA_W_2450_GS.PDF

I'm about to go through the specification and make sure I can write something about every point, then go through the past papers since there aren't that many.

What are the most difficult areas people are finding?
Thanks a lot for the link.

I'm finding remembering this whole weak interaction, strong interaction and the rest of the anti matter / particle stuff hard - but the topic isn't too bad, in fact I do love the topic, just it's a pain to remember all the stuff
Calculations are the easiest - especially when the formula is given! lol
Reply 4
Risking sounding like a bastard, but I cant wait for this exam. The particles is the best part of physics for me.
As for revision, it really, really helped going over the old specification papers - they layout is different, but you can pick it out + particle papers contait stuff of Rutherford experiment, but extra knowledge wont hurt :smile:

old papers ( http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~physics/files/web_pages/exams.html ) - Scroll down
Reply 5
As for difficulty, the 6 markers are pricks haha! there was a 8 marker of resistivity experiment last year.
Make sure you know all experiments for non-ohmic conductors such as diode, filament and etc + resistivity.
Reply 6
Yeah this is a retake for me, I slipped up on those parts in the summer exam last year! I find the topic interesting, it's just the little details that we have to learn...
Reply 7
Original post by fruktas
Risking sounding like a bastard, but I cant wait for this exam. The particles is the best part of physics for me.
As for revision, it really, really helped going over the old specification papers - they layout is different, but you can pick it out + particle papers contait stuff of Rutherford experiment, but extra knowledge wont hurt :smile:

old papers ( http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~physics/files/web_pages/exams.html ) - Scroll down

Ooh thanks for that link, never got round to actually finding those - I'm sure they'll be useful.
I did this exam in January. I missed the A by one or two UMS marks. I got 94/120.

I'm repeating to see if I can get the A, but I don't remember the content very well.
Reply 9
No problem. It took me a while to find them, but then I got it from my teacher. They are actually harder, so the normal papers seem a breeze later :smile:
too hard =[
I'm feeling okay about it. Think I'll do much better in this than Unit 2. Particles are my strong point. The worst part will be a long experiment question, I suck at those.
Has anyone got a sort of model answer on describing photoelectricity?
Reply 13
it does. as current is emf divided by total resistance of the circuit.
You are adding another bulb, which has resistance therefore the total resistance increase
and hence the current decreases (provided you dont change the cell)
Reply 14
Starting revision in about an hour. Going to be a long ****ing night.
I'm ok with electricity and particles, but it's the quantum phenomena that I'm finding the trickiest - especially the energy levels and spectra.
Original post by jones_wise
I'm ok with electricity and particles, but it's the quantum phenomena that I'm finding the trickiest - especially the energy levels and spectra.

Tell me about it! It's too confusing! It's also a phenomena that no one really understands - and they expect us to!? :eek:
i've done no revision practically yet... been revising for chemistry.. i'm retaking I got a D before and trying to remember the whole syllabus in 1 night :redface: is it possible do you think?
Reply 18
hey guys! does anyone know where i can get good notes to help with my revision tonight? =)
Reply 19
How did everyone find the exam this morning?

The maths stuff was soooooooo easy especially the question on a falling ball :smile:

Question 15 was interesting though

Cheers, Butch P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending