The Student Room Group

Sore breasts, brown vaginal discharge?

Background details:

I've been on the pill for about 3 years now (Cerazette) and I haven't missed a single one and I take them at the same time every day. I've also not had a period since starting them.
My boyfriend and I are sexually active, but tend to also use condoms.
When I did have periods, I never really got cramps or sore breasts.

About 2 weeks ago I had really sore breasts, especially nipples. My breasts swelled up to about a cup size bigger than what they normally are and my nipples seemed to be perpetually hard, and very sore and uncomfortable to touch. It stopped after about a week or so.

3 or 4 days ago I noticed a brown gloopy like substance when I wiped my 'area' after going to the toilet. It's quite a dark brown and has persisted since, although there's not much there.

I've taken a pregnancy test which came back negative. Any ideas of what's going on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:doctor:
This happens to all women at some point in their life. At least you now have it out of the way. Basically, it only lasts for a short while, usually no more than a couple months, but you have an infection. What has started to happen as a result of that infection, is that you are beginning to create faeces in your uterus. Notice that it is quite dark, and there usually isn't much, so it's not quite the same poo that comes out of your bottom, but it is still the same thing.

As long as you clean regularly it will go away.
Reply 3
Sounds like a very light period or the onset of a period which will get heavier. I never used to get sore breasts either but it randomly developed and I get it every month now... it could just be something that happens, afterall we are constantly changing as we grow older.
Reply 4
Brown vaginal discharge could be old blood?
Reply 5
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
This happens to all women at some point in their life. At least you now have it out of the way. Basically, it only lasts for a short while, usually no more than a couple months, but you have an infection. What has started to happen as a result of that infection, is that you are beginning to create faeces in your uterus. Notice that it is quite dark, and there usually isn't much, so it's not quite the same poo that comes out of your bottom, but it is still the same thing.

As long as you clean regularly it will go away.

:rofl: 10/10
Reply 6
Go to the doctor. It could just be you reacting to the pill. I know how I reacted to it changed after 8 months and it could be that you're symptoms are just appearing late :smile:
Original post by The Remote Part
Keep these things to yourself in future.

Thanks.

What do you think a health and relationships forum is for?
Moron.
Reply 8
Original post by The Remote Part
Keep these things to yourself in future.

Thanks.

What an utterly idiotic post.

If you are too small to take it, just move on.

OP, it sounds like nothing serious and I've heard of similar situations to this before, but go see your GP. Only your GP will tell you be able to give you proper advice. :smile:
Reply 9
Happened to me too when I went on the pill. It's a side effect, though I don't know why it didn't happen sooner.
This happens to me on the onset of a period, I'd wait a week just to see what happens and then if it's still there, go see a doctor :smile:. It probably is just a side effect of the pill.
why am I aroused by this?:stupid:
Reply 12
Like everyone else said, seeing a doctor is probably a good idea.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Background details:

I've been on the pill for about 3 years now (Cerazette) and I haven't missed a single one and I take them at the same time every day. I've also not had a period since starting them.
My boyfriend and I are sexually active, but tend to also use condoms.
When I did have periods, I never really got cramps or sore breasts.

About 2 weeks ago I had really sore breasts, especially nipples. My breasts swelled up to about a cup size bigger than what they normally are and my nipples seemed to be perpetually hard, and very sore and uncomfortable to touch. It stopped after about a week or so.

3 or 4 days ago I noticed a brown gloopy like substance when I wiped my 'area' after going to the toilet. It's quite a dark brown and has persisted since, although there's not much there.

I've taken a pregnancy test which came back negative. Any ideas of what's going on?

Go to your GP, it sounds like you need a break from your pill or change it because your body is going to give you a period, your breasts were sore due to hormones and its very common around ovulation. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but see your doctor because like I said before, you may have to change the pill you are on
It sounds like you are about to have a period but GP see your GP to be sure.

This happened to me on implanon and my periods just disappeared altogether.
Reply 15
Thanks everyone for replying! From the sounds of it, it's nothing too serious but I'll go to my doctor. Obviously it's quite a sensitive issue so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this before going.

Original post by HEJ92
Go to your GP, it sounds like you need a break from your pill or change it because your body is going to give you a period, your breasts were sore due to hormones and its very common around ovulation. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but see your doctor because like I said before, you may have to change the pill you are on

Thanks for your reply. I hope I won't have to change pill because I'm so happy on this one and I don't get periods which I'm exceedingly pleased about. I'll try to find out what is going on though. Thanks again!
Reply 16
I am 29 years. I'm having a lot of vaginal discharge, and it has a strange odor. Should I be worried?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks everyone for replying! From the sounds of it, it's nothing too serious but I'll go to my doctor. Obviously it's quite a sensitive issue so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this before going.

Thanks for your reply. I hope I won't have to change pill because I'm so happy on this one and I don't get periods which I'm exceedingly pleased about. I'll try to find out what is going on though. Thanks again!

Hi there OP,

I just wonder if you could give me an update on your situation? I'm currently experiencing this now (also been on the same pill for three years!)... Slightly concerned about it all and I don't want to go to the doctors until I absolutely have to.

If you could let me know what happen, then I would greatly appreciate it! :smile:

X
Hey, my name is tiffany and I've been on implanon for about two years. I all of a sudden started having bad cramps, breast sensitivity, and dark colored discharge. Any ideas what's happening? I'm 17.
Why THE **** would she keep it to herself when obviously she came on here because she was concerned and wanted to get others opinions before she saw a doctor to get an idea of what it might be! Because as we all know not all doctors always have a answer! Who do doctors go to when they are sick!? So in the future KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A PUSSY POST ANY WAY OBVIOUSLY YOU WAS ON HERE FOR A REASON.... WEIRDO!

Latest