The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Extricated
Hey :biggrin:,

who else is doing this exam and how are you preparing??

Not long to go now!

quite good, done every past paper 10 times, done all the past papers for all the other exam boards, all relevant interview questions and even did some uni questions related to this unit :smile:
Original post by Extricated
Hey :biggrin:,

who else is doing this exam and how are you preparing??

Not long to go now!

Not good, haven’t done any revision at all. Please help, what would be the best form of revision for me if I start today to secure at least a C grade in this paper? I’m doing this on the 12th. Thanks
Original post by Rahul.S
quite good, done every past paper 10 times, done all the past papers for all the other exam boards, all relevant interview questions and even did some uni questions related to this unit :smile:

I really struggle on section B.
I know the book inside out but somehow not good at part B.
any tips?
Reply 4
Original post by dan94adibi
any tips?

focus on exam technique....read mark schemes and see clearly where the marks are rewarded :wink: should do the trick :tongue:
Yh Evaluation is really tricky.
Anyway good luck with the exam :wink:
Reply 6
i dont know why but i HATE multiple choice, resitting this exam as i got 25% in the multiple choice section, on the other hand, 100% in section two :s-smilie:
Reply 7
If you just memorise the definitions then the multiple choice isn't too hard! :smile: However I hate section B even with looking through marking schemes I don't know how to pick up marks :frown:
Reply 8
How do you evaluate effectively? Can someone please outline the necessary methods of evaluation used in the data response. So far I have magnitude, price elasicity, short and long run aspects, limitations of proposed change.
Reply 9
Original post by Scotty93

Original post by Scotty93
How do you evaluate effectively? Can someone please outline the necessary methods of evaluation used in the data response. So far I have magnitude, price elasicity, short and long run aspects, limitations of proposed change.

Apart from the methods you've outlined you could also do 'Discussion of Advantages and Disadvantages' and 'Prioritisation Among Factors'
Reply 10
This exam is not heavily reliant on evaluation, there are more marks for analysis, but the methods mentioned should be enough to guarantee the marks :biggrin:
Original post by isp
I'm not taking it in January however I am in May.

Exam technique plays a major role in Economics. Reading examiner reports will help and with Edexcel I have a vast amount of full mark model answers (14 markers). If you want to have a look then PM me.

Hey could you lend me the notes!! Thank you
I was just wondering how can you evaluate???
I understand theres like six main things you do like advantage and disadvantages, prioritisation but how do i apply it!!..I am loosing all my marks on this its usually worht 6 makrs in the 12 marker and 14 marker!!

Please help
Our teacher taught us this for evaluation:

Time lag - short run/long run
Importance - for example, how significant is the NMW increase? If it's like 2p an hour then it's very unlikely to cause problems
Magnitude - how big or small the effect will be
Elasticity - maybe the elasticity changes the effect
Depends - using the word depends helps evaluate eg. it depends on the time lag
However - this is an evaluative term that is useful so you remember to look at the other side of the argument

TIMED-H :biggrin:

Hope that helps!
So nervous for this exam, I know all the techniques I just need to get the topic knowledge! :frown:
Reply 15

any tips?

try to finish section A within 30 min. if u take longer than that you better leave those questions and start writing answers to section B. select the questions that offer highest marks and keep a look out for the time!
when i 1st started revision what i did was if im writing a 5 mark question i took 4 min. if its a 8 mark one then take 7 min and so on...this way you'll be able to save some time at the end. so u can add some last minute stuff to the questions u didnt get to answer..

wish u all the best! :smile:
Original post by tharu_d
try to finish section A within 30 min. if u take longer than that you better leave those questions and start writing answers to section B. select the questions that offer highest marks and keep a look out for the time!
when i 1st started revision what i did was if im writing a 5 mark question i took 4 min. if its a 8 mark one then take 7 min and so on...this way you'll be able to save some time at the end. so u can add some last minute stuff to the questions u didnt get to answer..

wish u all the best! :smile:

Thank you.
I really think I have a good chance of getting an A if I can do good on section B.
Even if I don't I should really get a B grade.
I usually don't drop marks on section A if I can pick up more than half of the marks in section B I should be ok.
Reply 17

Original post by isp

Exam technique plays a major role in Economics. Reading examiner reports will help and with Edexcel I have a vast amount of full mark model answers (14 markers). If you want to have a look then PM me.

please may you send me the full mark model answers, thanks
Reply 18

Original post by isp

PLEASE SEND ME THE MODEL ANSWERS> I scored an U previously in May. an di am aiming for at least a B fo rthis Unit 1 and i just started my revision in December? do u think i can succeed this one? what if i dont? oh and if you can could u pls email it to [email protected] as i check my email more often .
thanks
Reply 19
Original post by isp

hey could you PLEASE send me all of these full mark model answers and any other resources you have. I would really appreciate it.

The email is [email protected]
(edited 12 years ago)