The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by KingGoonIan
My mate broke up with Sammy over the summer maybe he's weak now because he's heartbroken?

Did she walk like John Wayne for most of the relationship? :cool:
I'd like to see Gutierrez move to the right and Ferguson start on the left, from what i've seen of Fergy he has more potential than Sammy.
The possibility of starting Sammy on the wing just makes me miss Marveaux even more. I honestly think a 4-5-1 could work since it seems like no matter who is used, the second striker or CF is downright invisible. More midfielders = more service to Ba, and Ben Arfa could play in his proper position out wide.

Krul
Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Raylor
Tioté
Ben Arfa - Cabaye - Løvenkrands (lol) - Jonas
Ba

Spoiler

:sexface:
Original post by Vintage
Did she walk like John Wayne for most of the relationship? :cool:

No but she did keep it a secret from her mates for a long time.
Reply 2004
Original post by I Kant Spall
The possibility of starting Sammy on the wing just makes me miss Marveaux even more. I honestly think a 4-5-1 could work since it seems like no matter who is used, the second striker or CF is downright invisible. More midfielders = more service to Ba, and Ben Arfa could play in his proper position out wide.

Krul
Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Raylor
Tioté
Ben Arfa - Cabaye - Løvenkrands (lol) - Jonas
Ba

Spoiler

:sexface:
It can't be his 'proper position' if he never plays there. I'm pretty sure Pardew has said he won't be playing there. If Pardew doesn't think he's a winger then I guess we've got to trust his judgement as he seems him every day, though it's a worrying thought if he's worse there than Obertan...
Original post by CrazyPyramid
There was that 0-0 with QPR, I think that might also be a contender.

But yeah, that was a truly shocking performance. Liverpool aren't that good and honestly I was amazed we even managed to get a goal.

To be honest if gerrard wasn't on the pitch you could have got something out of the game.
Reply 2006
Original post by jam277
To be honest if gerrard wasn't on the pitch you could have got something out of the game.

That shows you Liverpool were not that good either, Gerrard changed a game between two under par teams on the night, But Liverpool fans think they can still win the league.
Reply 2007
No but she did keep it a secret from her mates for a long time.

Ouch,

Tim Krul was seeing my cousins ex from Bedlington Station and my mate was/is seeing David Edgar :teeth:

Also for tomorrows nights game. I expect either Sammy or Lover on the wing to replace Obertan.

Apparantly Pardew only has £8m to spend this transfer window... That's including the money that was going to be used to Mbaiga... Is it any wonder that the deal collapsed so soon after S.Taylor got injured :facepalm2:

Absolute joke. We need a CB, Striker (maybes 2) a winger and mc. And that's just to give us a decent bench, Not even make a decent depth to the squad. We've not had more than 2 out and out wingers for ages now. We even sold Routledge leaving us with just 1 before Obertan delighted us with his signature.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vintage
That shows you Liverpool were not that good either, Gerrard changed a game between two under par teams on the night, But Liverpool fans think they can still win the league.

No we don't. You get idiots that 'support' every club that spout ****e like that. Most Liverpool fans are thinking that if we can start to put away some of our chances we may be able to get CL football.
Reply 2009
Original post by CB91
No we don't. You get idiots that 'support' every club that spout ****e like that. Most Liverpool fans are thinking that if we can start to put away some of our chances we may be able to get CL football.

Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said Liverpool can still win the league.

Ally McAnally said he was stupid and that they can't. Gotta love Ally :colondollar:
Obertan is fit for tomorrow.
Original post by Vintage
Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said Liverpool can still win the league.

Ally McAnally said he was stupid and that they can't. Gotta love Ally :colondollar:

If we win the league I think would explode tbh. Them odds are very, very, very slim though.
£8million still isn't the worst since we seem to be really good at picking up bargains. If we get a centreback and a striker, we should be okay for the rest of the season and can finish comfortable top 10 (which would be a good end to the season considering how little we've spent in the last couple of years).
Reply 2013
Original post by Chriswuk
Of all the players supposedly out for a month to be instead declared fit a couple of days later it's Obertan.

Time for him to show Fergie what he's missing out on...
Original post by Stu Laverty
£8million still isn't the worst since we seem to be really good at picking up bargains. If we get a centreback and a striker, we should be okay for the rest of the season and can finish comfortable top 10 (which would be a good end to the season considering how little we've spent in the last couple of years).

I agree. The £8M figure however, has been reported solely by Mark Douglas. At first I thought he was reliable but he does write a lot of BS. I doubt we have £8M to spend, especially as, apparently Pardew has told the board he wants to sign one centre back and that's it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrPhil
Of all the players supposedly out for a month to be instead declared fit a couple of days later it's Obertan.

Time for him to show Fergie what he's missing out on...

Indeed, was hoping Obertan's abscence would force AP to Ben Arfa on the wing but heyho.

Hopefully he's fired up for this one. I think he needs a goal or a strong performance and he should improve as his confidence increases.
Original post by Chriswuk

FFS I was looking forward to him not playing. :angry:
Original post by jam277

Yeah it's not like Bellamy scored twice or anything =|

I see what you're saying but he didn't change the game that much and it didn't still change the fact we were hopeless. I'm pretty confident we still would have lost the way we were playing.
Remember that rumour about AC returning? Yeah, it's the top story on talksport atm click here.
Remember that rumour about AC returning? Yeah, it's the top story on talksport atm click here.

:eyeball:
We've only really played Suarez and Carroll up front (Bellamy on the left and Kuyt on the right) with Suarez having an 8 game ban, even if we did sign another striker, I highly doubt we would send Carroll on loan.