The Student Room Group

TSA agent confiscates cupcake; "This was no ordinary cupcake"

The TSA is fighting back after a story about a traveler's cupcakes being confiscated went viral leaving a bad taste in many travelers' mouths.
Their latest blast of bad PR began last month when a traveler said her delicious cupcake was confiscated by a TSA agent because the icing on the top of it was determined to be more liquid than is allowed in carry-on luggage.
“The frosting apparently constitutes a gel-like substance because it was adorably packaged in a glass jar,” Rebecca Haines told WCBV-TV in Boston last month.
In a blog post on its official website posted Monday, the TSA defended its agent's actions and said that the cupcake involved in "Cupcakegate" wasn't an ordinary pastry.
Officials said on the blog that the cupcake in question was a cupcake in a jar not a plain cupcake.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tsa-confiscate-a-cupcake-a-run-mill-confection-article-1.1003947#ixzz1j6BPEpXG
You all may laugh, but my family were all killed by a clan of rogue cupcakes. Their armor was thick, their shields broad.
Reply 2
Ain't nothin' sweet about that cupcake. :awesome:

:getmecoat:
Reply 3
:lolwut: Why would you keep a single cupcake in a glass jar?
Reply 4
Not impossible to make explosives that look like a cup-cake..rules have to be rules, although an amusing story nonetheless :P
Bet that made the tsa agent a nice snack :smile:
Reply 6
This was no ordinary cupcake. This was an M&S cupcake.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Reply 7
Can imagine a load of terrorists baking cupcakes seeing this and having to go back to the drawing board/cookbook

Original post by Aj12
Can imagine a load of terrorists baking cupcakes seeing this and having to go back to the drawing board/cookbook

Ha, ha! :ahee:
Homer Simpson the TSA agent. Mmmmmmmm Cuuuuuuuppppppp Cake! This might be a diabolical terrorist plot. I must eat to be certain. Insert image of drooling Neanderthal here.
because the icing on the top of it was determined to be more liquid than is allowed in carry-on luggage.

So they have regulations on this too? And how do they decide? Those must be some difficult judgment calls.
Reply 11
Does this remind anyone of that time when bomb-making instructions were replaced with cake recipes?
Original post by najinaji
Does this remind anyone of that time when bomb-making instructions were replaced with cake recipes?

:rofl: aw that was excellent.

Had I been the TSA officer I'd have eaten the evidence asap. Mmmm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending