The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roseroserose.
Please don't side with him, he's bullying me :cry:

:lol:

Bullying?! Ommm, don't worry i'll sort him out for you. :girlhit:
I'm less scared about this date than I thought I would be but I guess it's because I know it's not the real thing in June.

All the same, I'm desperate for that A in Maths..and an A in my Spanish re-sit would be lovely. Ahh, I can hope..
I know I flunked S1 and Chemistry Unit 1 (AS for both). But I have told my parents to prepare for the worst, now I have to mentally prepare myself. In expecting B-D for maths and most likely a C/B for chemistry. Definetely going for resits for those exams.

Biology I'm not too sure about, I might have got A but knowing me I'll get a B.
Chemistry was not good pretty sure I'll be retaking I predict a low - mid B
Maths C1 should have been okay but I was stupid, it's going to be borderline
Biology was hard but I predict an A it was the best of the 3.
Reply 424
Original post by Alex Bampton
Chemistry was not good pretty sure I'll be retaking I predict a low - mid B
Maths C1 should have been okay but I was stupid, it's going to be borderline
Biology was hard but I predict an A it was the best of the 3.

hiya :smile:
what were youre exam boards?
Reply 425
Oh i forgot about results, i will definitely be scrambling for a resit form.
Original post by Shippy
Oh i forgot about results, i will definitely be scrambling for a resit form.

mines already filled out. :smile:
Reply 427
Original post by PaperBoy
This is the day that I am going to commit suicide.

Count me in man XD
Original post by -Illmatic-
you sound a lot like me, are you doing A2 Maths, and AS and A2 F.Maths this year?

A2 maths yes - I did AS FM last year and am doing A2 FM and AS AFM this year. Although AFM doesn't count because I'm on OCR. Self-taught AS FM and AS AFM.
Original post by roseroserose.
I'll keep an eye out :smile:

That is so confusing :biggrin: 15 modules? How does that work out?

Basically C1-4, M/S 1 I did last year. None of it has been cashed in, so we have the equiv. of an A Level.

That's so odd! We're doing FP2 at the moment and it helps so much to have done C4. One boy has joined us without doing it last year and he's struggling a bit on some C4 concepts, because they come up in M3 as well.

Either History & Econ at Cardiff, which is my offer at the moment, or Econ/Politics/Intl Studies at Warwick if they offer me. No maths degree here :wink:

Well, 6 for A2 maths, 6 for A2 FM and 3 extra modules that'll hopefully be used to get my FM to an A*, because modules are interchangeable and I think I'll do better at FP3/S3 than M2.

Most integration's been covered early, along with binomial and some more trig. Because of FP3 I'll need to do Vectors early and polar coordinates from FP2 early (I'm already on the 4th FP3 chapter).

Eww, words :tongue: I hate writing, I'm procrastinating my physics research coursework right now (is it possible to exceed the speed of light? Re. CERN's neutrino story) so I think that says a lot :tongue: Good luck with the Warwick offer :biggrin:
Original post by Hdizzle
hiya :smile:
what were youre exam boards?

Hi there, OCR and OCR MEI for Maths. :smile:
I'm getting quite nervous about this...
I did AS Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA) and Physics (ORC) this January. I'm doing some retakes so I'm aiming to do the whole A-level in one year, I did both lots of AS exams for Bio and Phys and just the one for Chem. *fingers crossed*
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I'm getting quite nervous about this...
I did AS Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA) and Physics (ORC) this January. I'm doing some retakes so I'm aiming to do the whole A-level in one year, I did both lots of AS exams for Bio and Phys and just the one for Chem. *fingers crossed*

I'm doing OCR Physics as well :biggrin:

All my Physics exams are in June though :frown:
Original post by hevlar.kelmet
I'm doing OCR Physics as well :biggrin:

All my Physics exams are in June though :frown:

I did Mechanics and Electrons Waves and Photons in Jan and I'm doing Newtonian world and Fields, Particles and the Frontiers of Physics in June... and possibly EWP's I don't feel good about that exam, I'm not keen on the electricity stuff :frown:
Which ones are you doing?
I did Mechanics and Electrons Waves and Photons in Jan and I'm doing Newtonian world and Fields, Particles and the Frontiers of Physics in June... and possibly EWP's I don't feel good about that exam, I'm not keen on the electricity stuff :frown:
Which ones are you doing?

I'm doing all the modules in spec A in June. EWP and FPFP are a real pain as there's just so much content to learn in those modules, and I also did tons of mechanics with my maths a-levels :biggrin:.
I'm so nervous less then a month to go guys ! Really do not want to be retaking means so much work in the summer !
Original post by hevlar.kelmet
I'm doing all the modules in spec A in June. EWP and FPFP are a real pain as there's just so much content to learn in those modules, and I also did tons of mechanics with my maths a-levels :biggrin:.

I know, FPFP has such a hugh spec, although it will be the third one and as they have to cover everything in three years, we should be able guess which topics will come up, which will definitely help :smile:
I've done C1, M1 and general studies resits, C1 went brilliantly and M1 went okay (much better than last time). I'm desperate for an A in GS because I don't really want to retake French but I don't think it's going to happen :frown:
Reply 438
Original post by im so fresh
mines already filled out. :smile:

+ rep for making me laugh:smile:, I asked to fill one out, but my teacher's are refusing to discuss the subject of resits with me until the results come out, despite my panicking over the fact that half my probable resits seem to clash with the next units :'(.
I know, FPFP has such a hugh spec, although it will be the third one and as they have to cover everything in three years, we should be able guess which topics will come up, which will definitely help :smile:

Where did you hear this?

That seems a bit too good to be true :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest