The Student Room Group

Size difference between UK and US fast food?

Scroll to see replies

Not sure about sizes, but the US version of McChicken Sandwich was rank. It was just 1 massive piece of gristle, no breast.
Reply 21
One thing I will say is that the USA fast food breakfasts are FAR bigger and with more variety. Subway, for example has a full range of egg white omelette flatbreads and whatnot. Over here it's like an afterthought, taking the standard bread and shoving a sausage in it.

If you're hungry, a McDonalds Big Breakfast really IS big for me; consisting of scrambled egg, sausage patty, English muffin and hash brown:

But the US version has an English Muffin, Buttermilk Biscuit, two pancakes with jam and syrup, streaky bacon, sausage patty, scrambled eggs and a hash brown (phew!)

Reply 22
I think McDonald's burgers are alright, but that "breakfast" (either photo) looks downright rank. Just my opinion of course.
My first visit to an American McDonalds I ordered super-size fries, and they were served to me in one of those plastic bags you get in supermarkets for loose fruit and veg - almost 3/4s full!

I remember ordering a large Sprite in Burger King as well and it was a 2 litre cup - just holding it made my arm ache after a while!
Reply 24
Original post by G50
I think McDonald's burgers are alright, but that "breakfast" (either photo) looks downright rank. Just my opinion of course.

Y'know something, most people have the same opinion when it comes to McDonalds breakfasts. Everything looks and tastes so FAKE.

Fake... but magically delicious. I mean, the "scrambled egg" is the most processed thing I've ever tasted but it's SO FRICKING GOOD.
Everyone else I know feels sick after watching Supersize Me. It just makes me hungry :getmecoat:

Quick Reply