The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by smschneider
i an having a phone interview in a few days.i would be grateful if you'd have to answer a few questions! is it possible to let them see your newer work, eg sending some images by e-mail? it just seems unfair if we dont as the people who get interviewed on site will need to show new work. i feel like most of the stuff in my online folio is crap compared to what i've been doing lately=) did they ask you about any specific pieces in your folio? and ehm do they call you or is it thourgh skype? i am lost.

i wish you luck!

To be honest, I don't think you can send additional pieces, but you can still talk about them during the interview. You might ask for it. Unfortunately they just have phone interview, I guess that's because they're having technical difficulties. Which course are you applying for?
Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by Tanitaly
To be honest, I don't think you can send additional pieces, but you can still talk about them during the interview. You might ask for it. Unfortunately they just have phone interview, I guess that's because they're having technical difficulties. Which course are you applying for?
Good luck to you too! :smile:

ahhh that seems so unfair. i'll e-mail them and ask! thanks for the info. i applied for painting and printmaking! what about you?=)
Reply 242
Original post by smschneider
ahhh that seems so unfair. i'll e-mail them and ask! thanks for the info. i applied for painting and printmaking! what about you?=)

Painting and printmaking as well! :smile:
Reply 243
Original post by Jasmineholt
Me too :frown: good luck!

anyone else heard anything from communication design? please say no! haha.

Thank god someone else is in the same position as me! I was convinced id just been rejected without any notice, but apparently they're STILL sorting applications. Ugh. Its weird though because a friend of mine got an interview, though possibly because she's classed as in international student. Random.
still waiting for a reply for photography, apparently the last batch of replies will go through by today, at the latest tomorrow. If i get rejected i still have my interview with leeds college of art!
Reply 245
Original post by AlexandraKate
still waiting for a reply for photography, apparently the last batch of replies will go through by today, at the latest tomorrow. If i get rejected i still have my interview with leeds college of art!

Do you know if that applies across all subjects or just for photography?
Reply 246
Original post by AlexandraKate

omg really? is that just for people who havent had interview offers yet or everybody? and how do you know? sorry for all the questions but im freaking out not knowing
Original post by ohirome
Thank god someone else is in the same position as me! I was convinced id just been rejected without any notice, but apparently they're STILL sorting applications. Ugh. Its weird though because a friend of mine got an interview, though possibly because she's classed as in international student. Random.

I'm starting to think I didn't get it, wasn't expecting to get in anyway, never mind an interview.
Hope they get back to us soon, would be nice to know where we stand!!
Reply 248
I had my interview for a place on the painting and printmaking course today, and I am wondering if anyone has any information about statistics (as in how many places are there and how many people people get interviewed). I was also wondering if any body has any idea about the institution's attitude towards traditional art as apposed to conceptual? Lastly, do they really want you to have undertaken a foundation course?

For anyone that has recently had interviews, good luck! x
Reply 249
Oh god i hope they send out decisions tommorow! Its killing me not knowing :frown:
Reply 250
I keep waking up at like 5am to check my emails since UCAS seem to send mine during the night. This wait is murdering my soul.
Reply 251
Original post by ohirome
I keep waking up at like 5am to check my emails since UCAS seem to send mine during the night. This wait is murdering my soul.

Oh god haha, its awful! Which course have you applied for?
Reply 252
Original post by imagineit
Oh god haha, its awful! Which course have you applied for?

Communication design! :smile:
Reply 253
Hi guys!
I was wondering if anyone here had applied to Architecture?
I hope they get back to all you guys soon by the way! :smile:
urgh! i withdrew my application from Glasgow a few days ago, and declined all my photography offers to change subject to Japanese. Get a call from GSA today about an interview! after I've withdrawn my offer! Saying they had a problem with applications, v annoyed might have made a different decision about my subject, probably not, i have faith. Gonna write them a pissy letter though. they've messed us applicants about so much this year!
Reply 255
Original post by elizabeth.w
urgh! i withdrew my application from Glasgow a few days ago, and declined all my photography offers to change subject to Japanese. Get a call from GSA today about an interview! after I've withdrawn my offer! Saying they had a problem with applications, v annoyed might have made a different decision about my subject, probably not, i have faith. Gonna write them a pissy letter though. they've messed us applicants about so much this year!

Jeeeez, that sucks! Im still waiting. My patience is slipping. :frown:
Reply 256
I've lost faith in them a long time ago lol. Really not hoping for anything now
Reply 257
Same guys! Even if i get an interview ill be tempted to decline the bloody thing! (Although id give a leg and an arm to study there) theyve pissed us about so much.
Reply 258
My only glimmer of hope is that I know a bunch of people who have been turned down for an interview. Hopefully thats a sign. :frown:
Reply 259
Yeah same! I keep thinking if they hated my work that much they would have declined me a long time ago! :/

Quick Reply

Latest