The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Thrive Scholarship 2012 Entry Progress Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jlrxx
I still haven't heard anything but I think I might do the tasks anyway because unis are supposed to send out decisions by the 31st. That way if I did get an offer (unlikely, but I can hope:colondollar:) then I can just submit the tasks. If I hear nothing I wont bother submitting them. All depends on whether I have enough time to do them though...

hehe fair enough! I thought it would be outrageous to assume that all of the processes to getting an offer and firming it could be completed ASAP, but since I posted that I found out I had an interview for today on MONDAY! It's over and he said I'd have an unconditional offer :eek:
Awesome! So now I just will have to firm it when they sort it, he said it would be asap. Then I can submit my entry without feeling like a complete fraud! haha!
So yes, don't hold back! You never know what can happen within days!!! Goodluck! I hope they reply to you soon, it's unbareable hanging on :mad:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by 000katie000
hehe fair enough! I thought it would be outrageous to assume that all of the processes to getting an offer and firming it could be completed ASAP, but since I posted that I found out I had an interview for today on MONDAY! It's over and he said I'd have an unconditional offer :eek:
Awesome! So now I just will have to firm it when they sort it, he said it would be asap. Then I can submit my entry without feeling like a complete fraud! haha!
So yes, don't hold back! You never know what can happen within days!!! Goodluck! I hope they reply to you soon, it's unbareable hanging on :mad:

Congrats!:clap2: I'm glad I never got round to doing the tasks, got a rejection this afternoon (as expected due to the popularity of the course). Would have been such a waste of time if I had :sigh:
Original post by nina2ky
Hey, I got through too :smile: curious about the next set of questions... :smile:
my answers were
1 - 3000
2 brain circulation
3 gene targeting
4 eco-economy or something similar
5 1965

Looks like none of us got the same...? Maybe they just had to pick people who got 4 or more or something if hardly anyone got it right! I was pretty sure I had got some wrong?
The people on Facebook we have to subscribe to have about 170 ish subscribers each so that must be about the number of people through?

It's pretty funny because I got through 1 and had 17000, same, homologous recombination, ecological modernisation and same XD.

Old but still wanted to mention it.

The video challenge is just effort. I don't think I'll manage to match a good video of myself doing something "awesome" XD.
Got a lovely 1 GB memory stick for taking part :biggrin:
Reply 24
When do you think we'll hear back for round 3?

PS @TheGrinningSkull , april fools? ;] If not I'd be super annoyed :L
Reply 25
Glad to hear im not the only one waiting to hear about round three! There are a lot of good videos out there :s-smilie: surely it cant be long, the last six will need time to prepare. At the very least make travel arrangements
Original post by nina2ky
When do you think we'll hear back for round 3?

PS @TheGrinningSkull , april fools? ;] If not I'd be super annoyed :L

Haha, coincidence that it was on that day, but really. It's 3 cubes and I was wondering is this part of a Rubik's cube and then you twist one of the cubes and out pops the stick.

I'll upload a photo but the camera needs charging.

Did you take part for round 3?
It came with a letter saying that I was out. I had been put down for round 3 though however I didn't actually do anything for round 3.

EDIT: I never uploaded that photo :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by scjeth
Glad to hear im not the only one waiting to hear about round three! There are a lot of good videos out there :s-smilie: surely it cant be long, the last six will need time to prepare. At the very least make travel arrangements

That's exactly what I thought! Weird but I'm really nervous, I'm thinking sometime this week surely?
There are so many good videos - I've been stopping myself from watching them because I always end up hating mine afterwards... haha :]

and @TheGrinningSkull I submitted an entry and everything for part 3 and haven't heard anything from them! At least there is the possibility of a memory stick if I'm not through :] It sounds really cool!
Reply 28
Haha I know exactly how you feel! I have looked at a few though... ever since I saw the comment about getting the letter saying they didn't get through I've been so paranoid about the mail! its like waiting for offers all over again!

(how do I get the box with the comment im replying to in it?)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by scjeth
(how do I get the box with the comment im replying to in it?)

You press "quote" at the bottom of the original comment :]

Me too about the post! I've been checking my emails obsessively too - just want a reply now! They can't drag it out much longer... :/
Reply 30
Check the Cardiff YouTube channel!!!!! They just uploaded 30 of our videos!!!
Reply 31
Original post by scjeth
Check the Cardiff YouTube channel!!!!! They just uploaded 30 of our videos!!!

Have they got all of the entries on there? So nervous right now!!
Reply 32
I got through!!!
Reply 33
Original post by nina2ky
I got through!!!

How did you find out??? Well done! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Email! Genuinely can't believe it! Thank you!! :]
Reply 35
I'm guessing by the picture that this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXY2PWxQAdc is you . . . its an amazing video, you definitely deserve it!!
Reply 36
Original post by nina2ky
I got through!!!

well done!! but now im going to be checking my email like a crazy person... THANKS :P
Reply 37
Anyone else heard either way yet...?
Reply 38
Original post by scjeth
Anyone else heard either way yet...?

Nope :s-smilie: I think I've pretty much accepted that if I haven't had an email by now, I'm not through . . .oh well!
Reply 39
Original post by hpotter217
Nope :s-smilie: I think I've pretty much accepted that if I haven't had an email by now, I'm not through . . .oh well!

Yeah me too :/ As Nina's video isn't on the channel I'm assuming those thirty are runners up...
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply