The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by Erin_Smith
I know this is rather late but... has anyone STILL not heard anything for maths at Imperial? :frown:

i am not applying for math .. i am applying at environmental engineering ... and i still did not hear anything form them .. and i really don't know what to expect anymore ...:mad::angry:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I've got a question. I am an international applicant and i've just passed my exams. Imperial offer is 90% overall with no less than 90% in math and chemistry ( I'm taking extended English, Math and Chemistry). Right now I now I'll get 90% in English as well as Chemistry but definitely not Math. One day before my Math Exam my dad died and I coudn't write it well. Is there any chance to get into Imperial by letting them know about the situation? I know that the score which I'll get will be less than 70%...I'm ready to write an additional Math exam but is it possible?
Reply 3222
Original post by Catherinee
I've got a question. I am an international applicant and i've just passed my exams. Imperial offer is 90% overall with no less than 90% in math and chemistry ( I'm taking extended English, Math and Chemistry). Right now I now I'll get 90% in English as well as Chemistry but definitely not Math. One day before my Math Exam my dad died and I coudn't write it well. Is there any chance to get into Imperial by letting them know about the situation? I know that the score which I'll get will be less than 70%...I'm ready to write an additional Math exam but is it possible?

I am really sorry to here that.
Definitely go tell them.
Original post by Beth1234
Hello there!

I haven't found a thread for those of us who plan to apply for 2012 yet, so I thought I'd create one. It is, of course, still early days yet (though last years applicant thread was created in May...)!

Discuss courses, AS results, pre-application anxiety, conditional offer anxiety, post-exam anxiety, cakes (:rolleyes:) etc.

Below is a list of 2012 Applicants. Please feel free to add yourself to The Stalking Page as well. :smile:

If you want to be on "The List" quote this post with:

Username: [your username]
Subject: [the subject you're applying for]

(If you do change your mind and want to be taken off "The List", let me know!)

2012 List of Applicants for Entry!

Courtesy of arianex, below is a list of 'advisors' who have contributed to the thread in many ways :smile: If you have any questions, just quote or PM them, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help!

List of Active Awesome Advisors!

And finally, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :biggrin:

Username: Marcus4004
Subject: Aeronautical Engineering
Has anyone else got an email about the Imperial Blue Tree Scholarship? (Chem Eng, EEE and Mech Eng) I received it today and I think I am eligible.
Original post by Inactivity
Has anyone else got an email about the Imperial Blue Tree Scholarship? (Chem Eng, EEE and Mech Eng) I received it today and I think I am eligible.

Yeah I got one, I'd like to apply for it but it said about French and I am hopeless at languages so I don't know if I will. Plus I couldn't find much information about the donor!
Reply 3226
Username: ansh
Course: Msc Finance
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to apply for undergrad accommodation but am having trouble. Does anyone know how to do this? Apparently after accepting their offer on UCAS we receive an email that allows us to apply for accommodation? But all i have received is an email which explains how to make an account for their e-Service?
Any help/ explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Original post by Student666
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to apply for undergrad accommodation but am having trouble. Does anyone know how to do this? Apparently after accepting their offer on UCAS we receive an email that allows us to apply for accommodation? But all i have received is an email which explains how to make an account for their e-Service?
Any help/ explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks

You will also get an email inviting you to apply for accommodation. This usually comes out from may onwards. However there has been some sort of technical problem which is why the accommodation invitations have been delayed.
Hey guys.. my STEP I paper is in two days and it's part of my conditions. I can't seem to answer anything and it's scaring me. What happens if I don't meet the A*AA and/or the STEP I grade conditions... will there be no chance of getting in =[ ?
i have seen on the step thread that imps and warwick do usually let people in if they have really strong subject grades but u have to ask them.
Just got the accommodation email from Imperial.

Time to decide.
Suggestions, anyone?
Original post by {Unregistered}
Just got the accommodation email from Imperial.

Time to decide.
Suggestions, anyone?

Depends on your budget, whether you're willing to share a bedroom, how far from campus you want to live etc. Check out the Imperial College Accommodation Guide Thread for a break down of the different halls. Imperial also has a lot of info and pictures on their website.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
Depends on your budget, whether you're willing to share a bedroom, how far from campus you want to live etc. Check out the Imperial College Accommodation Guide Thread for a break down of the different halls. Imperial also has a lot of info and pictures on their website.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the link to that thread. :smile:
I'll be on a budget and I can't share a room since I'm under 18 so the choice will be tough, but the Garden and Weeks Halls look fine. I'm on my phone right now though so can't check out the virtual tours right now. What's your take on those halls and where did you stay yourself?
Does anyone know when we hear back about which halls accom we've got?
Original post by Student666
Does anyone know when we hear back about which halls accom we've got?

The allocation procedure begins in early September so you'll find out around that time.

If you already have an uncondtional offer prior to the 16 August 2012 you will be made an offer in August (it used to be that unconditional offer holders had to wait with everyone else).
Reply 3236
Original post by Zottula
The allocation procedure begins in early September so you'll find out around that time.

If you already have an uncondtional offer prior to the 16 August 2012 you will be made an offer in August (it used to be that unconditional offer holders had to wait with everyone else).

I've read that on the accommodation FAQ too :smile: Does anyone have an idea of what "August" means? It's kinda vague...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aliska
I've read that on the accommodation FAQ too. Does anyone have an idea of what "August" means? It's kinda vague...

They are unable to give a definite date for whatever reason so I doubt anyone will know anything more. They didn't give unconditional offer holders the accommodation offers in August last year so we can't go by that either. :dontknow:
Reply 3238
Original post by Zottula
They are unable to give a definite date for whatever reason so I doubt anyone will know anything more. They didn't give unconditional offer holders the accommodation offers in August last year so we can't go by that either. :dontknow:

That's what I was thinking.. Let's just wait :smile: Thanks a lot anyway :biggrin:

So....

I got in! Met my offer to study Geology, so I'll hopefully see all of you in September. Good luck to anyone still waiting.